IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does everyone think they are a scholar?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDoes everyone think they are a scholar?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 11:41am

Assalaamu alaikum

Dear Jenni,

I feel the same way about �keeping fit�, in the past all a person had to do was eat healthily & exercise�.. Now people are cheeking how many calories are in their food, how much fat saturates, how quick their heart is beating when they exercise, what exercises tone here, what exercises tone there!!! 

It seems this is just a product of modern society (science)!

Tut-tut, & cheeky-cheeky�.. Ummziba

�Men like to do things the hard way�

If I may politely remind you, that all the Prophets have been men, and why? Because they have been able to penetrate the very essence of existence, this requires the very deepest level of perception. Hence this is not about finding a quick short-term solution.

If you tell a child not to go near the fire, they may well heed the warning, but without understanding why! Hence at some point in the future they may (be tempted to) go into the fire, only then to find that it burns (& hurts) them.

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 12:03pm

Assalamu alaikum Midway,

Originally posted by midway midway wrote:

Tut-tut, & cheeky-cheeky�.. Ummziba

�Men like to do things the hard way�

If I may politely remind you, that all the Prophets have been men, and why? Because they have been able to penetrate the very essence of existence, this requires the very deepest level of perception. Hence this is not about finding a quick short-term solution.

If you tell a child not to go near the fire, they may well heed the warning, but without understanding why! Hence at some point in the future they may (be tempted to) go into the fire, only then to find that it burns (& hurts) them.

Well, tut, tut, Midway.  May I politely ask you to go back and read all my posts in this thread, you will realize that I agree with you completely.  It was not a put down about men at all, just a way to point out the inherent differences between men and women.  Ooooppps, someone was being hasty!

I would also argue about why all the prophets were men (their knack for in-depth analysis had nothing to do with it), but that is a whole other topic!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
midway View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2005 at 8:35am

Tut-tut�..

I have read all your posts in this thread, & would say exactly the same thing if I was able to go back in time�..

�I would also argue about why all the prophets were men (their knack for in-depth analysis had nothing to do with it), but that is a whole other topic!�

And you know that for a fact?

Sorry, it was wrong of me to say the word I have edited out.

Edited by midway
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2005 at 9:12am
Originally posted by midway midway wrote:

Tut-tut�..

I have read all your posts in this thread, & would say exactly the same thing if I was able to go back in time�..

�I would also argue about why all the prophets were men (their knack for in-depth analysis had nothing to do with it), but that is a whole other topic!�

And you know that for a fact?

Women!!!!!!!

What a pity - yet another misogynist.  And one of such little understanding.  Save your breath.  I won't be bothered replying to you anymore.  I'll leave you to the men you love so much better.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
midway View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2005 at 1:20pm

Yes�.. I�m far from perfect, and I don�t mind admitting so

I have never been into hiding my imperfections, for I see that as real hypocrisy

If you see me as weak because I am honest, then so be it!

Gay! Yes I�ll be very gay to see all my brothers & sisters succeed!  

midway View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2005 at 3:05pm

If I may please add�..

I was wrong in the way I approached (& hence the things I said to) Ummziba in this conversation, so here�s an official - I am sorry Ummziba. Words can be a bit shallow so, I�ll just get on with improving. Insha Allah

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 9:10pm

Bismillah,

Jenni, with the signature that you have, and the original post that you made here, I see that you are saying men should spend more time caring for their families because Allah, SWT, will give the most blessings for that.  (What does Pak mean, please?)

Maybe you have friends in situations where the husband ignores his familial duties for the luxury of spending countless hours with the brothers learning so many details that will get them into heaven while casually discarding the most obvious duties Allah, SWT, has assigned to him.  This issue slams me like a bad car accident, right to my heart.  Pray for us all to have kindness towards each other, ISA.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Noah View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 3:55pm
Peace Jenni. have you ever concidered to throw the source of all the comotion out the window? Im talking about hadith.

To me it was a simple, i must admit,  i realised that the Quran simply made a lot more sense in every aspect. Either the hadith badly parroted the Quran, or it gave advice that was absolutely useless (like covering water, like telling us how Mohammad(pbuh) urinated etc), and then theres all the occult esotheric knowledge to be found in it. all the copycating from the Bible etc..

Many confronted me with it. Well then we dont know how to pray?
Not only is that completely irrelevant, but its not true either. Were told to pray, so pray! Similarly Moses(pbuh) people where told to find a cow. That was all there is to it, but they insisted to annoy him with questions about it. what color does it have e.i...who cares? al they where told was to get a cow. how hard can it be!
But there is altso several verses that shows what should be uttered as part of it, and that prostraton is part of it. This is further detailed in several of all the prophets(pbut) examples (i can make a new thread on this subject alone if you like).

All the frustration (nearly) that you seem to utter. stems from teachings that makes no sense. why? because they make no sense thats why, and all the soothtalk in the world is not going to change that.

This represents my own interpretation of Quran, and my own standpoint. not the truth. that is reserved for Allah alone, and Allah knows best. may he guide us all to truth

Peace
Noah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic