IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Osama bin Laden  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOsama bin Laden

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>
Author
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 7:34pm
"I believe that the Indian tribes who armed themselves and fought against the Calvary were trying to survive an invasion by group of settlers who had the mind set that they had all rights to this country and everything in it."

=======================

Kind of like the Christians that fought the Muslim invaders of their holy lands and elsewise?  How can you make such turn on a dime distinctions?

As to the American Indians - there were many tribes that made treaties and peace with the European settlers and many that did not.  Indiginous peoples have had a tough road to hoe, but not just here, why aren't you blasting on the Spanish and Portuguese and the Mulsim slave traders?  I think your agenda might be leaking through?

As to the US support of Saddam - in turns, as I've mentioned already, Saddam played both ends against the middle in the cold war with the US and Russia and also with France and Germany, et al...why no mention of them in your diatribes?

Be comprehensive in your critique and perhaps I'll believe that you are trying to be honest here and not just pursue a biased agenda Mishmish..

Edited by b95000
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 8:20pm

You mean the Christians who took the Holy Lands from the Jews? If we go back far enough all lands belong to Allah.

The Muslims had political control of the Holy Lands for almost 400 years before the Crusades. During that time the Sciences and educational institutions flourished. Students from all over the world came to the Middle east to learn. There was no persecution based on religion. When the Crusaders came they killed all, Muslim and Jew alike.  

I believe I was replying to your comment that my assertion that the US was the #1 backer of Saddam was absurd.

And where are the American Indians who made treaties with the Settlers?

I could blast the European slave-traders or the American slave-traders...

What is your point? Are you really trying to say that the US is not guilty of any wrong doing, ever? That the Christians have never committed any crimes or atrocities. You are the one with the agenda here. Apparently Whisper was right when he said that you wanted only to cause problems.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

You mean the Christians who took the Holy Lands from the Jews? If we go back far enough all lands belong to Allah.

B: Are you claiming that Christians were not killed and harassed for the first 500 years of their existence?  And in part by the Jews of that time?  Come on Mishmish..Christianity grew despite its initial persecution and not primarily through violence - AT ALL.  It was not even adopted by a state til Constatine..Jerusalem, Bethlehem, et al were holy because of Jesus Christ, not because of some war!

The Muslims had political control of the Holy Lands for almost 400 years before the Crusades. During that time the Sciences and educational institutions flourished. Students from all over the world came to the Middle east to learn. There was no persecution based on religion. When the Crusaders came they killed all, Muslim and Jew alike. 

B: 'Political control' that came through military conquest.  'no persecution' as long as those religions submitted to Islam and were subjected to pay it tributes (taxes.)  That doesn't sound like freedom Mishmish.

I believe I was replying to your comment that my assertion that the US was the #1 backer of Saddam was absurd.

B: You mention a few years in the 80s. Saddam was in power 25 years or so...what about all that other time...you mean to tell me there was not a SIGNIFICANT relationship between Saddam and the Soviet Union?  There as indeed...but you ignore that..

And where are the American Indians who made treaties with the Settlers?

B: Most American Indians, South Am. Indians, etc. that died, died of germs that they were not resistant to...that is a fact...I am not saying they've had it easy...they have not.  There are American Indians all ove the US though..

I could blast the European slave-traders or the American slave-traders.  What is your point? Are you really trying to say that the US is not guilty of any wrong doing, ever?  That the Christians have never committed any crimes or atrocities. You are the one with the agenda here. Apparently Whisper was right when he said that you wanted only to cause problems.

B: Ah, but what's your point: "Muslims were minding their own business" and yet you chide me for trying to provide some balance to that exaggeration that cannot stand the light of historical fact.  How is that 'causing problems' to discuss history?  Sorry you see it that way or that you must have me agree with you for there to be 'no problems.'

Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Osama View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 4:22pm

Osama Bin Laden:

�The situation at the land of the two Holy places became like a huge volcano at the verge of eruption that would destroy the Kufr and the corruption and its' sources. The explosion at Riyadh and AlKhobar is a warning of this volcanic eruption emerging as a result of the sever oppression, suffering, excessive iniquity, humiliation and poverty.�

Full speech can be found at [http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1022331]

Many are the lies that flow forth from the beast
Many of you think that Al-Qaeda equals terrorist

Sheikh Bin laden shows great wisdom within the words above, for he gracefully explains the source of what you deem is the no-good. At no point is he admitting to ordering any iniquity, rather simply explaining the inevitable results of man made policy.

If you posses any contrary evidence, clear proof he has ordered any terrorism, I will gladly read over that evidence, for a propaganda myth is what I call terrorism.

kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2005 at 9:33pm

My Iman (& Mahdi) is Sheik Osama bin Laden. May Allah send His Mercy & Blessings upon him, and bestow him with a Most Gracious Victory.

Id love to meet your coward sheik one day , and kill him!  By the way isn't he wahabbi (spelling might be wrong) a sect of the Sunni. Isn't the Mahdi a shia thing?

Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 10:32am

a sect of the Sunni. Isn't the Mahdi a shia thing?

My friend, what doest thou know about this Sunni - Shia difference? Thank goodness for as long as the Mahdi is not some Mid Western thing.

kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 11:03am
I obviously knew more than you gave me credit for huh? Incidentally Christ did speak of the mahdi........in the category of "false prophets."
Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.
83antony View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 3:50am

long live Al-Qaeda

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>
  Share Topic