IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Osama bin Laden  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOsama bin Laden

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 11:54am

Do you really want to make this into a discussion of what country has committed the most atrocities?

You are truly a red, white, and blue American. Only someone so patriotic could cakll the destruction of an indigenous people by settlers who outnumbered, out-gunned, and felt that God gave them the right to kill the savages, a war. That's not a war, that's genocide.

The US was the number one backer of Saddam and his Baathist party. They helped put him in power, and they supplied his weapons. The US also helped put the Taliban in power in Afghanistan. So, logically that would mean that OUR government has ties to terrorists as WE were the ones supplying them weapons.

Why is it an act of terror if a Palestinian, who has no country and no army, bombs something, but it's a state sanctioned act of war if an Israeli or an American does it. Because the targets are civilians? Well, I'm pretty sure quite a few of our bombs fell on Iraqi civilians. AND, the US is the only country to ever use a nuclear weapon, which they used against civilian targets in Japan.

If you want to use violating UN sanctions as an excuse to go to war, why not attack Israel which has violated over 50 UN sanctions? More than any other country in the history of the UN?

Who is the criminal here? Yes, terrorists flew planes into the WTC and Pentagon killing 3000 innocent Americans. The US flew two nuclear weapons into Japan killing 50,000 innocent Japanese, and leaving a legacy of birth defects, radiation sickness and death that still effects the country. Which is worse? Or are you one of thos epeople who think that American lives are jsut more valuable than anyone else's? 

Edited by Mishmish
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Originally posted by b95000 b95000 wrote:

All sorts of alternative energies are being researched by the free nations...I agree, oil will become less and less a factor to the world..

So why then, would the US stupidly fight and lose 1,600 young men and women for a 'few drops of oil? as Dubya says?  No, the reasons and reasoning must be deeper...and they are.  Free Iraqi, Free Afghanis, free Middle Easterners...watchful eyes on the Middle East rogue regimes and terrorist orgs which fomented the greatest mass murder of Americans in American history..

If the Bush regimes motives were to stem the tide of terrorism, why did they invade Iraq? A country with a secular Baathist regime that had no ties to terrorism?

B: Are you serious?  No ties to terrorism?  Haven't you heard of Saddam's support of the Palestinian homicide bombers?  $25,000 to families that would send their kid to kill civilians...does that sound like NO TIES?  What about the high level contacts and privileges given to people like Ramsi Yusef - the first World Trade Center bomber (who murdered 6 people?)  Does that sound like NO TIES?  What about the support and succor given to AQ over 10 to 15 years prior to 9/11, including the meeting with high level AQ by members of Saddam's IIS and his military - does that sound like NO TIES?  What about the fact that prior to the 2002 liberation of Afghanistan, when AQ fled Afghanistan through Iran, they came to rest (to fight another day) in Iraq - does that sound like NO TIES?

In fact, Saddam would never have allowed terrorism to gain a foothold in Iraq as it would have been a danger to his regime.

B: "if it would have been a danger to his regime..."  Saddam had his reasons for tying to Islamic radicals and giving them succor and they had their reasons for cozying up to Saddam and his number two in the world black gold..you as much as admit that through the common sense side of your statement!

Why didn't Bush go after the people that they surmise actually perpetrated the greatest mass murder of Americans in American history, (although this statement is a falsehood as practically the entire Native American population was decimated by European settlers which is truly the greatest mass murder of Americans in history, but we choose to ignore this as we did it), Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda? Why invade a country that had absolutely nothing to do with 9-11?

B: Again, this has NEVER been proven definitively - but you choose to believe Saddam over all the evidences and all the dozens and dozens of contacts in the prior 10 to 15 years prior to 9-11.  I will side with more skepticism of Saddam's innocence in 9-11.  As to your quick and dirty review of American history - it is clear that there were atrocities on both side of the Indian/Settler wars and that Indians have suffered from great poverty since succumbing to the Anglo-Spanish settlements...but what is to be said of all the African slaves that were taken by Muslim slavers, for instance or the indigenous peoples that Muslims killed to establish themselves in various regions...there are black eyes aplenty to go around and unrighteousness.  And the world is a complex and sad place (at times.)  To call what happened between Indians and settlers murder and not wars is not quite accurate...there were some heinous slaughters on both sides...but I'm not too sure that there were every 3,000 murdered in one hour.

So your efforts to try to 'prove me wrong' in that are to what end?  Let's deal with facts then...I will grant you that there were atrocities there though..

Because Saddam was an unpopular ruler throughout the world, and his army was virtually nonexistent so they couldn't put up much of a fight, and Iraq is sitting atop vast oil reserves, with lots of oil rich neighbors next door...If Bush and his cronies REALLY had moral intentions of spreading freedom and democracy and stopping tyrants, why not send 150,000 troops into Sudan and stop the genocide there?Or into China and stop the genocide of the Tibetan people? Or into numerous other countries where there are brutal regimes repressing freedom and democracy?

B: Were there 16 Section 7 UN SCRs violated by Sudan?  There were for Iraq.  Again, it would be great for you to deal with the facts on these things Mishmash...the US led coalition did have valid reasons for going into Iraq.  Or do you oppose the UN also?

Meanwhile, back at the war: our government has opened the door to terrorists in Iraq and now it truly is a terrorist state. So, I guess the US is the number 1 propmoter of trerrorism in the world as we seem to be going out of our way to make it so easy.

B: You, like some here are want to do, will blame the police that fight the crime, rather than the criminal...others here wonder about 'making up morality as one goes along' - what about that viewpoint?  That somehow it is not the fault of the criminal and murderer but of the one who seeks (through confluence of circumstances granted - but you must deal with reality Mishmash) to stop the murderer?

This is absurdity at its height...and yet you fail to see the huge pink elephant in the room..

Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 11:16am
Originally posted by ubiety ubiety wrote:

I noticed you haven�t yet blessed us with the moral laws Iesa {SAW} brought, so what is your morality based on? Do you just make it as you go along?

Dear Ubiety - why do you ask the question like that?  I most certainly don't make up morality as I go along - you?  What are your views as to Saddam's and the Taliban's morality?  Just curious..
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 10:42am

Originally posted by b95000 b95000 wrote:

All sorts of alternative energies are being researched by the free nations...I agree, oil will become less and less a factor to the world..

So why then, would the US stupidly fight and lose 1,600 young men and women for a 'few drops of oil? as Dubya says?  No, the reasons and reasoning must be deeper...and they are.  Free Iraqi, Free Afghanis, free Middle Easterners...watchful eyes on the Middle East rogue regimes and terrorist orgs which fomented the greatest mass murder of Americans in American history..

If the Bush regimes motives were to stem the tide of terrorism, why did they invade Iraq? A country with a secular Baathist regime that had no ties to terrorism? In fact, Saddam would never have allowed terrorism to gain a foothold in Iraq as it would have been a danger to his regime.

Why didn't Bush go after the people that they surmise actually perpetrated the greatest mass murder of Americans in American history, (although this statement is a falsehood as practically the entire Native American population was decimated by European settlers which is truly the greatest mass murder of Americans in history, but we choose to ignore this as we did it), Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda? Why invade a country that had absolutely nothing to do with 9-11?

Because Saddam was an unpopular ruler throughout the world, and his army was virtually nonexistent so they couldn't put up much of a fight, and Iraq is sitting atop vast oil reserves, with lots of oil rich neighbors next door...If Bush and his cronies REALLY had moral intentions of spreading freedom and democracy and stopping tyrants, why not send 150,000 troops into Sudan and stop the genocide there? Or into China and stop the genocide of the Tibetan people? Or into numerous other countries where there are brutal regimes repressing freedom and democracy? Because they have nothing that the US wants: OIL 

Meanwhile, back at the war: our government has opened the door to terrorists in Iraq and now it truly is a terrorist state. So, I guess the US is the number 1 propmoter of trerrorism in the world as we seem to be going out of our way to make it so easy.

Edited by Mishmish
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
ubiety View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 10:11am

Thank you

I am grateful to you Whisper

I wish to convey glad tidings, and a reminder that the devil has already fallen!

ubiety View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 10:06am

Dear b95000,

I noticed you haven�t yet blessed us with the moral laws Iesa {SAW} brought, so what is your morality based on? Do you just make it as you go along?

And yes I eagerly await to illustrate there is only One Force.

Surah 35, Al-Faatir

Verse 40

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Tell me or inform me (what) do you think about your (socalled) partner-gods to whom you call upon besides Allah, show me, what they have created of the earth? Or have they any share in the heavens? Or have We given them a Book, so that they act on clear proof therefrom? Nay, the Zalimun (polytheists and wrongdoers, etc.) promise one another nothing but delusions."

Verse 41

Verily! Allah grasps the heavens and the earth lest they move away from their places, and if they were to move away from their places, there is not one that could grasp them after Him. Truly, He is Ever Most Forbearing, Oft-Forgiving.

Edited by ubiety
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 9:24am

So why then, would the US stupidly fight and lose 1,600 young men and women

Second thought. Just because the US is simply outright stupid. Can't afford to see beyond its nose.

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by rocitreal rocitreal wrote:

Might I add, that America is not the country of Nazism, we are the country that ultimately STOPED Nazism from spreading into the entire world. 

What you have to credit America with is being the deciding factor in STOPING NAZI GERMANY not helping it spread.

Actually, the downfall of Hitler and his government was when he decided to attack Russia in the Winter. His army was completely unprepared and the Russians destroyed it. This opened the door for the allies to step in and enter France, etc...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>
  Share Topic