IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to be a Successful Muslim Wife  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to be a Successful Muslim Wife

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2010 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

The ones with the arms around the kids..
heheh...

Thanks :) It WAS a serious question btw...one just looks like a grandmother.
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2010 at 4:59am
oh she is probably the eldest wife. Its hard to tell ages especially cross- culturally. 
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by maRYam_shARifa maRYam_shARifa wrote:

masha'Allah this thread is very informative.. alhamd'Allah i read it because i just got married yesterday.. hehe! thx for the tips!
maY Allah bless us more...LOL

Dear Maryam,

I wish to congratulate you and May Allah Almighty bless your marriage and for you to stay united till Paradise.

Just another tip.

To love is to sacrifice, to please the other party without asking anything in return.

But of course True Love is Loving Allah, trying to please Him with obeying all His commands with honesty and sincerity, without even asking for His Paradise.

Salam.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2010 at 10:15am
".....without even asking for His Paradise."

The Prophet of Allah (SAW) said of Firdous:

When you pray ask for Firdous, for it is in the middle of heaven and
is higher in grade than the heaven and above Firdous is Allah's
throne, moreover the canals of heaven flow from Firdous. (Bukhari)
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2010 at 7:49pm

The Dua' of Ahlussufi -

Illahi anta maksudi wa redhaka mathlubi
O Allah You are my goal and Your pleasure is my only desire!

Edited by Nur_Ilahi - 09 January 2010 at 8:01pm
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2010 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

The Dua' of Ahlussufi -

Illahi anta maksudi wa redhaka mathlubi
O Allah You are my goal and Your pleasure is my only desire!

So Ahlussufi trumps Sunnah/hadith of Prophet/Sahih Bukhari ? Confused

Edited by Chrysalis - 09 January 2010 at 11:00pm
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2010 at 4:24am
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

So Ahlussufi trumps Sunnah/hadith of Prophet/Sahih Bukhari ? Confused

I do not find anything wrong with this dua'.

If you analyze further, the character of Redha and ikhlas meaning not asking anything in return is the main essence of this dua.

wisdomseeker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisdomseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 6:00am
Assalamu alaikum,

It is not that we are not supposed to ask for paradise, we sure are supposed to do, and we should surely do.

The scene changes though when we are worshipping allah, that is while doing ibadath i mean, and not while making a dua....here....in the former case...we should do it, keeping in mind that we would do it even if there was no heaven or hell, for once we have recognized our creator we worship him unconditionally, and not bound by the condition that we do it only if we get the jannah in return.

While, making a prayer of course we must ask for jannah, and for his grace to save us from hell. doesn't Allah say in the quran,with regard to those asking him during pilgrimage, that for those who ask only of this world and not for His blessings in the hereafter, they shall be granted things only in this world and will be deprived of his grace in the hereafter, whereas those who ask of both the worlds shall receive blessings of both according to their deeds.(al baqra)

Forget me not when you pray for jannah,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic