IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to be a Successful Muslim Wife  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to be a Successful Muslim Wife

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 3:07pm
Thats so nice, sis Aminah07. May Allah make your marriage happily ever after, ameen. Am not married yet sis but inshallah i will try to apply all this tips

As for you sis Infomagination, maybe you have been a great wife to your husband and it is him that fails you, Allahu Alam. Just pray to Allah to make every thing easy for you sis for only Him can make you happy. Cry for the ONE (ALLAH) that can give you comfort and security, sis. Good luck. 
And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
Aminah07 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aminah07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 4:45pm

WaAlaikumAssalaam br.Sign_Reader,

InshaAllah I wouldn't want to blame technology for whatever goofy thing I managed to do on the thread.

LOL~~how'd that happen?

Well in my defense it might be the new mouse the kids really wanted. You barely tap on the thing and it's clicking away like it's got it's own agenda or something. I have no idea why we needed one with a laser thingy in it anyways?~kids gotta love em.

my appoligies to everyone.

JazakAllahuKhair

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 11:19pm

Thanks to Truth_light and Aminah for their good ideas. Those are the right guidelines for a successful marriage.

I would only like to say something for a help to the husbands. It is mentioned ( In hadith??) that the woman was born from the rib of Adam. Even though that may be a christian idea, I am not sure and it may be in the hadith too. Please do not believe it literally.

It is said that the prophet told the men not to straighten the rib, i.e. not to press the wife beyond its limit otherwise it will break.

The actual meaning is that every time a man will do or say something, the lady will also have a say in that matter. That say may not be the ideal or good thing. But she will say something and suggest something. Give some regard to what she says and all will live peacefully in the house.

Aminah07 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aminah07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 4:52am

JazakAllahuKhair br Minuteman

martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 5:14am

Some really nice comments from the sisters.  Shame that not all sisters are given the entitlement to stay at home if they wish, to pamper the husband as she would like, and to have the freedom to live such an easy life.

I'm sure many 'less fortunate sisters' would love their husbands to take full charge of the bills, that all worries and concerns lay with 'their man' , to maybe also have a 'servant' in the home, as many asians seem to have back home.Yes I think I could handle a similar life of ease very nicely. How wonderful to relax and concentrate all day getting the outerappearance ready in time for him to come home, and sit at home all day chatting and drinking tea.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 5:40am

That is also a good point of view from Martha, about those eastern do nothing type of wives. There was no lesson for them to take part in any earning affair. That is because Islam has put all the burden on the husband, so to say. But I hope it is not the final word. The mother of the faithful (Hazrat Khudaijah r.a.) was a practical business woman trading to distance countries.

I hope not all husbands will bind their ladies to remain at home all the time. In the Indian sub-continent, the ladies are quite hard workers, working in the fields and doing their share of work in many ways. Islam has put the burden of earning on the man. But it is possible that man cannot meet the demands of the house alone. So what to do?

If the lady will earn (working in office or school etc) then she will pass the orders in the house too. The ladies are not allowed to work in the offices or to show their faces anywhere. It is a complicated affair. Truth-light should please arrange some other program of good guidance for married ladies so as to keep in view the overall practical problems faced by the muslim families.

Truth_light24 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 6:12pm
Thank you so much brother and sisters for the enlightenment

And I hope my soon-to-be-husband will allow me to continuously work after I got married. Am used to being a working woman and I think Its a waste not to practice the skill you painstakingly acquired for years in college.
And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 6:26pm

And truthlight, you said a wife shud sing for her husband

It may make him run, if she is a bad singer

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic