IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How do you know which in verse  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do you know which in verse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you know which in verse
    Posted: 13 January 2008 at 7:45am

in Quran has been replaced with a better one?  Naskh

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
layalee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote layalee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 9:38am

I don't understand this question!?

Please re-write

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 12:19am

Bismilla hirahma' niraheem.

Naskh is an Arabic word which means to remove or lift away.  The Nasakh only occurs with commandments, prohibitions, permissions, and so forth. We Muslims believe in Naskh, not like the Jews who disbelived it.  To understand Naskh , it can be said that the changes in the rules can be made by Allah swt.

Further, Naskh occurred in previous Books and Law. Insha-Allah these examples shall help us understand Naskh better. Allah allowed Adam to marry his daughters to his sons and then later forbade this practice. Allah also allowed Nuh to eat from all kinds of animals after they left the ark, then prohibited eating some types of foods.

Further, marrying two sisters to one man was allowed for Israel and his children, but Allah prohibited this practice later in the Torah. Allah commanded Abraham to slaughter his son, then repealed that command before it was implemented. Also, Allah commanded the Children of Israel to kill those who worshipped the calf and then repealed that command, so that the Children of Israel were not all exterminated.

Naskh in Quran

Here is the  verse from Holy Quran which discusses Naskh

" Whatever a verse (revelation) do Nansakh (We abrogate) or Nunsiha (cause to be forgotten), We bring a better one or similar to it. Know you not that Allah is Able to do all things "

I shall try my best to search for it. Am sure there may be rules which have been changed by Allah swt. I wish our other members share there knowledge over this subject.

Allah swt knows the Best

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 11:14pm

Seeks, only because of your invitation in the last few lines of your post, i am indulging in this important topic. I do not believe that there is any naskh in Quran. I do not believe that any verse of the quran is mansookh (abrogated). I know there is a difference of opinion on this subject between groups of muslims and some people do not like it to be discussed.

But because it is an important matter so it should be put up gently for study and leave the matter to the readers to decide which is right.

The verse given by Seeks is 2:106. The translation given was correct. In other words, it can be said:

"We do not abrogate any verse (order) or make it to be forgotten but we bring a better one in its place or equal (in quality) to that (verse, order, command)."

It says that we do not abrogate any verse..... And if we do abrogate any verse then we bring another one in its place which is better than it or at least it is as good as the abrogated verse.

Please note that there is no indication that it is about the Quran. And verses has other meanings such as orders or commands or signs. In the end I would say that there is no abrogated verse in the Quran and no one knows which one is abrogated exactly. There is no agreement on the list of abrogated verses.

Any verse which the people did not understand well, or found it to be in conflict with another verse, they marked it as abrogated. So every one had his own list of abrogated verses. Such a thing puts doubt on the verses or parts of quran about their validity. That is not a good thing. All of the verses of the Quran are valid.  (More later)

Edited by minuteman
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 10:30am

Assalmau Alaikum,

Everyone,

Please comply with section rules and guidelines. It is very important and it has been pointed out many times earlier:

Following links may be helpful, insha Allah ( God willing ):

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Islam Online-English-AAbout_Islam/AskAboutIslamE/AskAboutIslamE&am p;cid=1168265477728

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamO nline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=111950354817 4

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=2656& CATE=1

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 5:43am

The Bible is set up in chronoligical order so it is easy to see and understand why GOD gives a certain command and at a later date gives a different command.  

Is this the case with naskh in the Quran, but it is not apparent because it is not written in chronological order? 

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 10:54am

Hi believer,

I hope that you would study the matter contained in the links in my last post. And we can take on from there.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 7:08pm

"Let's first agree on certain points, which I believe you are aware of. First, no one can offer a correct explanation of the Qur'an except scholars who have mastered all sciences that qualify them to understand its occasions of revelation, linguistic style, structure, and all other imports and aspects."

In the Quran it appears that the whole story is not revealed as to why a verse is given or abrogated.

John 3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic