IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How do you know which in verse  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do you know which in verse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you know which in verse
    Posted: 14 April 2008 at 7:22am

Very good and easy post for every one to understand. Jesus had a God to whom he prayed in the garden before his arrest. He had a God to whom he called while on the cross, "My God, My God, Why have you forsaken me?" That proves the truth of the Quran.

The bible does not tell what was the result of Jesus prayer in the garden. But the Quran tells the result of Jesus prayer. Allah informed Jesus that  1. He (Jesus) will not die on the Cross,  2. that he will be raised close to Allah,  3. that Allah will clear all bad false charges about Jesus and those things will not be remembered by any one, 4. That Allah will make the believers in Jesus to prevail upon his enemies till the day of  Judgement. ( 3:55)

These were the promises made to Jesus by his God. The first was that he will not die on the cross. But when Jesus was on the cross, it appeared to him as if he was going to be killed on the cross which death he did not like. So, he suffered much bravely. But when it could not be born any more, Jesus (Isa a.s.) yelled out loudly, "O my God, O my God,..... Why have you forsaken me..." Those words are in the bible. They are not in the Quran and we may not trust or believe them.

That means he was not expecting that he will die on the cross. He had the knowledge about it.

We Muslims love Jesus as much as we love  Moses and Muhammad. We know that jesus  had a God. It is proved by the bible too.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 3:51am
I guess it was not that hard to understand for me...
Believe in One god
His messanger and Angels
Do acts of worship
and do acts of charity (also viewed as worship as well)

To me the most telling line in the Whole of Bible is "My God, My God why have you forsaken me?"  "God" would never utter these lines. If Jesus were God, how could God think that "God" could have forsaken him? If he is "god" would he even "feel" this way..

People "want" to beleive that Jesus is God, that if I pray to Jesus or othersaints, Maryetc it wil lhelp.  Just like when others pray to rocks, the moon, fire etc.  All created who must return to Creator.  If Jesus was created, is not the Creator.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 2:03pm
Hayfa - To understand what exactly Allah /Mohammad are presenting in the Quran.

honeto - I have seen the same with the Bible, Muslims finally understanding what Christians really believe and embracing the gift of salvation through Christ.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 5:58am
I guess the question to ask, what does it matter? I can say one is curious..
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2008 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

"Let's first agree on certain points, which I believe you are aware of. First, no one can offer a correct explanation of the Qur'an except scholars who have mastered all sciences that qualify them to understand its occasions of revelation, linguistic style, structure, and all other imports and aspects."

In the Quran it appears that the whole story is not revealed as to why a verse is given or abrogated.

Hi believer,

the bottom line is that its (Quran's) universal message of bringing people to the worship of their creator alone (which is the bigget thing in life) does not need anymore than your natural abilities. If one seriously look into it with that purpose they are lead by its light. I have seen in my personal experience, people who said never, but once they read the Quran, they could not losen their grip on it.  

Hasan

The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 7:08pm

"Let's first agree on certain points, which I believe you are aware of. First, no one can offer a correct explanation of the Qur'an except scholars who have mastered all sciences that qualify them to understand its occasions of revelation, linguistic style, structure, and all other imports and aspects."

In the Quran it appears that the whole story is not revealed as to why a verse is given or abrogated.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 10:54am

Hi believer,

I hope that you would study the matter contained in the links in my last post. And we can take on from there.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 5:43am

The Bible is set up in chronoligical order so it is easy to see and understand why GOD gives a certain command and at a later date gives a different command.  

Is this the case with naskh in the Quran, but it is not apparent because it is not written in chronological order? 

John 3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic