IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rules Lawyers Ruin Enjoyment  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRules Lawyers Ruin Enjoyment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 1:20am

minuteman, thankyou for your words of encouragement. My belief in Islam is based on firm simple truths, so I try my best

But you didnt answer my question?

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 2:26am
Originally posted by karina karina wrote:

I have just joined this forum thios wekk, and I ma appalled y what's goign on.

I feel for Angela and others, and I may reconsider particpating.

This is so sad.

I  joined in the hope of getting closer to my religion and fellow muslims.

Hi Karina, don't let this stop you from participating, What many of us are going on about is some unnecessary movements and closures. Some of the reasons given are not within the guidelines but made up along the way.

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 3:05am
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

I have a question please. Something I dont understand.

Over the course of some weeks, one particular member has repeatedly attacked me verbally on IC, saying that I am deluded, need to see the GP, that Iam in self-destruct mode. Is this not an insult to me? He does not personally know, so why does he do it?Why has this not been challenged by the moderators? I am a human being, and I have no idea why this member likes to insult me He gives the facts clearly enough on certain topics raised, and I have no qualms about this. He is very knowledgeable. But surely I dont deserve the insults he dishes out. So why is this not picked up?

Martha,

You are a wonderful woman never forget that.  If someone is harassing you, you need to hit the report button next to their post and send it in as a complaint.

As for the Saudi thing,

The point is my thread was not about Saudi Justice, Israfil's was.  Mine was about women in the Holy Kingdom and rape victims and punishments.  How men who raped a woman women were not stoned per Muhammed's (pbuh) way and yet this WOMAN was being beaten and the excuse was that no one should show mercy per the Quran's text?  That's a discussion that should be going on in my thread, why Women are treated differently...but no...it got shut down because it was the same event but a different topic. 

You miss the point...you admit your not perfect but you never correct your mistakes. Instead you just say, no one is perfect and leave it at that.  Move the threads back when people complain...or reopen them.  If you are going to be uniform, be uniform...not hit and miss.  If you're not perfect then you can be wrong which means you should be willing to correct your mistakes.  Anyway, this argument is futile. 

God Bless
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 4:02am

Hi Angela,

I can understand why you're unhappy about your thread being closed down. You are one of the people I most respect here. Because I know how passionate you are about the things you write. And your knowledge far exceeds mine on so much.

Yes,I admit I'm not perfect, but I dont see the point of reopening old posts. I dont think it benefits anyone if we keep repeating ourselves. And when I know I'm wrong I'll admit to it. But often there are times I cant reply because I dont know where I'm wrong........ If you get the drift.

Love, Martha  xx

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

I have a question please. Something I dont understand.

Over the course of some weeks, one particular member has repeatedly attacked me verbally on IC, saying that I am deluded, need to see the GP, that Iam in self-destruct mode. Is this not an insult to me? He does not personally know, so why does he do it?Why has this not been challenged by the moderators? I am a human being, and I have no idea why this member likes to insult me He gives the facts clearly enough on certain topics raised, and I have no qualms about this. He is very knowledgeable. But surely I dont deserve the insults he dishes out. So why is this not picked up?

Martha,

You are a wonderful woman never forget that.  If someone is harassing you, you need to hit the report button next to their post and send it in as a complaint.

As for the Saudi thing,

The point is my thread was not about Saudi Justice, Israfil's was.  Mine was about women in the Holy Kingdom and rape victims and punishments.  How men who raped a woman women were not stoned per Muhammed's (pbuh) way and yet this WOMAN was being beaten and the excuse was that no one should show mercy per the Quran's text?  That's a discussion that should be going on in my thread, why Women are treated differently...but no...it got shut down because it was the same event but a different topic. 

You miss the point...you admit your not perfect but you never correct your mistakes. Instead you just say, no one is perfect and leave it at that.  Move the threads back when people complain...or reopen them.  If you are going to be uniform, be uniform...not hit and miss.  If you're not perfect then you can be wrong which means you should be willing to correct your mistakes.  Anyway, this argument is futile. 

God Bless

"you admit your not perfect but you never correct your mistakes."

How do you claim to know me? I have already told you in my last post that it is not I alone, it is moderator group. You have no evidence, yet you claim to know what is going on.  

Another thing is that in my last post, I asked you to show one post where I threatened to ban you as you claimed I did, and you showed none.

Speculating on one's character and integrity without any evidence goes against Islam; that is called slander. Please don't do again.

In the thread that I closed in women's section, I told you the same thing; please see that. I told you that Islam forbids us to speculate without any evidence.

And women's, men's, youth's sections etc will not be used for any type of current event. I have already explained that.

Yes, I feel I made no mistake and have explained enough on this matter.

I have already told you that we are not obligated to explain any step; we do so only for the sake of courtesy.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by karina karina wrote:

I have just joined this forum thios wekk, and I ma appalled y what's goign on.

I feel for Angela and others, and I may reconsider particpating.

This is so sad.

I  joined in the hope of getting closer to my religion and fellow muslims.

Hi Karina, don't let this stop you from participating, What many of us are going on about is some unnecessary movements and closures. Some of the reasons given are not within the guidelines but made up along the way.

And have you been complying what is in the guidelines? You were warned before for absolute non-compliance. Yes, guidelines are being updated from time to time, and we will see what else could be included there. For the time being, nothing was made up, and I have already explained that.

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
truthseeker100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 12:36pm

Salam,

Peacemaker,

I am happy to see the time and effort you put in here. You cannot make the whole world happy. There will always be some or many who will disagree with you. Even Prophets could not make everyone happy.

And the sad part is that even the sacred day of Eid was not spared and such discussions were carried here.

Yes, nobody is perfect. With that said, I appreciate that you devoted your precious time here even on Eid�s day. And you are one of the best moderators I have ever seen in my life. It is not exaggeration; it is just what I have been observing your very closely.

Please excuse me, peacemaker, to advise you that leave this place now and take care of your sick daughter.

May Allah bless you in both worlds. I am very grateful to you for your help and guidance in many ways. Please keep it up.

Eid Mubarak to all.

And, behold, with every hardship comes ease:
Qur'an 94: 5
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 5:39pm

As'Salamu Alaikum,

Eid Mubarak. Actually , i was busy with the celebrations of eid since two days. I did login but did not care to post anywhere. Well, am not as sincere as our moderator, Peacemaker, who even on the day of eid, tried to spent his time for IC.

Brother peacemaker, i don't understand, why u always give them explanation as why those threads are been closed ? It was well-explained many a times.

I need not discuss this known fact , but as a sort of revival, we know you as a "member- friendly moderator. I personally feel easy to approach you. You are an unbiased mod. When your decisions don't match up or support OUR views we PANIC. And this is what happening.

We thank you for lending your time for IC. And we wish you to continue with this same approach.

And Karina, never conclude of a person just by getting influenced by other's view. If u wish to judge a person, try to know him by your ownselves, rather than ---. Even in your personal life . Hope, u continue with us.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic