IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marraige  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marraige

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubs_07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marraige
    Posted: 25 November 2007 at 4:02am

Salaams To All.

I needed some help with my situation, if anyone can guide me on what i can pray to help the situation i am in.

I have been with someone for a few years with the intention of marraige. He has now told his parents who are not agreeing to this. I have prayed Istikaarah namaaz on many occasions. This has given me hope!! But now i dnt know what to do!!! As he says his mum, dad are not willing to accept me, as im indian (muslim) and he is pakistani,

If someone knows any duas that i could make that might help them change their heart.

Jazakallah  

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 8:12am

Originally posted by rubs_07 rubs_07 wrote:

I have been with someone for a few years....

What does it mean that you have been with someone for a few year?

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 11:48am

As he says his mum, dad are not willing to accept me, as im indian (muslim) and he is pakistani,

That's absolutely riddiculous. Tell him to inform his parents that you could "convert" as a Pakistani in less than three months.

The recipe is simple. A Paki ID card - Rs.5000 even with a fake address. Passport, I believe, costs in the same region, more or less.

The better suggestion is just quarantine him, I mean, stay clear of him for a few days. And, if possible, refer him to some good psychologist. He is the problem, he is responsible for you, his mum n dad are a mere excuse of convenience. 

rubs_07 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubs_07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 12:59pm

When i say a few years i mean i have known him, but its always been marraige!!

lol the weird thing is i can speak fluent urdu, but not punjabi, but can understand most of what they say...

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 7:36pm
Rubs (almost called you ribs for a second) if any man decides to not choose you simply over your ethnic/national origin then obviously he is not the man for you. Of all things petty to reject someone over, this is one of the them. God will indeed give you the strength and clarity you need in this situation. My advice, if there is no hope for a relationship with this man and if he continues to be influenced by his parents then there is no need to continue to lose energey over something that obviously will not work.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 9:28pm

My advice, if there is no hope for a relationship with this man and if he continues to be influenced by his parents then there is no need to continue to lose energey over something that obviously will not work

Absolutely prophetic, brother Israfil

I will go just a step further, it's not something that obviously will not work, it is simply not working as it is.

My gut feeling, vibe, whatever, he is the problem. I married an Indian, Urdu speaking girl when I was barely 19 years 2 months and 21 days old. And, one of the most powerful Pathan clan in tha part of the world, socially, politically and in all aspects of life could do NADA.

Such men or, should I say, boys, should be banned from public life. Reminds me of the some of those earlier Pakis into Britain. They would drive around without driving licences and if ever caught by the police they would plead "sorry, me ispeak no Inglesh".

Rubs, what country do you live in? Hand me the guy and I will make a man out of him - in three simple days. But I need the delivery in Mehmand agency or in Zhob (Baluchistan)!!

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 1:41am

The above posts by whisper and Israfil are perfectly good advice. That person is just using the name of the mom and dad to refuse marriage. There is no need to marry that person.

The question arises, Have you met his parents and how many times?? What is your own opinion about his parents??? Have you never met them?? Had he ever mentioned you before his parents??

Is it understood that you are both in same country outside the Indian sub-continent?? You are niether in India nor Pakistan. Then where are you?? Please tell.

One small advice will be given when you answer the above questions. That is a lame excuse. Indian Muslim is not different to the Pakistani Muslim.

Edited by minuteman
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 3:25am

Dear Rubs,

I heard alarm bells ringing when I read your post. I'm muslim, white British and married a Pakistani man(dont like to refer to them as Pakis) 3 years ago.

I often spoke to his family by phone, but he never took me to Pakistan. Understanding Islam I knew that there SHOULD be no difference between caste and culture.

He went back June last year and stayed for 6 months. He returned Christmas Eve. After me asking questions he told me he had another wife. As to whether he married her before me, or last year, he has never told me. But obviously his culture, not the religion came first to his mother. As oldest son he has to obey her first and not the wife. A Pakistani wife is never treated equal, and depending on how educated the family is depends whether the wife is more like a servant than a wife. It didnt matter to his family that I was getting hurt. I was a nobody. I worked very hard and paid the bills here, while my husband worked and sent his money home.

The whole thing has left me confused, unfit for work, and consequently heavily in debt. I supported his spouse visa.

Rubs, to have such questions as yours is not a good sign.

Last week I cancelled my husbands visa. We have lived separate since May. He went to Pakistan again 7 weeks ago now, telling me he was going for 3. So now when he goes to the airport an alert will come up on his visa. What he will do then is beyond me.

You may both love eachother very much. But love has little to do with it I'm afraid. He might marry you, but he will be obligated to marry a Pakistani woman if his parents insist. And can you handle that? Ultimately I wasnt able to. He lied to me. He has probably lied to the other wife too. Secret phone calls home, secret phone calls to me from Pakistan. Pakistanis especially Punjabi ones from the north, are by nature very secret people. It is a well known fact. Doesnt say much for them understanding Islam either.

Think very carefully. Do you really want all the hastle? He will have to do as his parents say, even more so if he comes from a town or village. They wont consider you, because you are not one of them. You are most likely going to be used for some other purpose.

Sorry I cant tell you that love wins, but you must consider all these facts first.

Let us know what happens. You have already had some very good advice from others. Please consider everything you have read.

Whisper, you said the early Pakis pretended not to speak English in the early days of being in Britain. I can assure you that still exists, not out of ignorance with the language, but just so they can get whatever they want, even visas.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic