IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marraige  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marraige

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 5:18am

As-salaam alaykum sis.martha

My heart goes out to you&am really sorry things turned this way.But no regrets,for Allah never deserts His faithful servants.It's rather unfrtunate,but Allah knows best.I would just like to implore you to find that rhythm back into your life.Wether you wish for it or not,that man would even tually get his life back together,Whichever way,he'd either return permanently to Pakistan to be with his other wife&famiy or be stuck i UK.I doubt the latter would prevail.He knows better than that.

Please take care of yourself,pay attention to your health&see how you can get back on track.I know it's easier said than done,but my dear sister,life goes on,with or without him.And you've got to convince yourself that.

Allowing the ordeal to weigh you down would mean more health problems&it would affect every other aspect of your life.May Allah grant you peace of mind&ease your affairs.Just continue to put your trust in Him&don't be disillusioned.Humans fails humans,but Allah deserts us not,if only we put our Trust in Him.

Am sorry if that went off Rubs' topic.

But i believe people have spoken&they have spoken well,masha Allahu.

It's better to listen than be sorry later  Rubs.Please make the right decision while you've still got the time.Marriage is no joke in Islam.And  once any hindrance isn't Islamic related,then don't let anyone fool you.Stay within the bounderies of Islam&not some selfish ideology of some ignoramus.ANyone can claim to be a Muslim,but not everyone's a Muhmin!!

May Allah guide you aright&make your path easy.Ameen!!

"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 6:43am

Whisper, you said the early Pakis pretended not to speak English in the early days of being in Britain. I can assure you that still exists, not out of ignorance with the language, but just so they can get whatever they want, even visas.

Martha, the irony is that after all they still believe they are better beings than anyone else on our earth. And, specially, in Britian, which is a generous and a very gentle host and, possibly, the only country with a model welfare system!

martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 6:57am

Yes Whisper, I agree. Britains still suffer not only for the Empires past doings(I wont say mistakes, as hindsight is a wonderful thing) but also because we are extremely generous to immigrants to the deteriment of our own people.

As a nation we are too soft on others. I think most British  on the whole are honest human beings. Yet others can come, work illegally for years and have no-one chasing them for tax! When I lived in London I saw the most terrible things, but the government turn a blindeye to it all. Britains are upset at this time. We are being taken for a ride by most it seems.

Actually I could go on and on, but I would take hours

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 11:37am

Salaams,

Understanding that you want the parents of this man to change their minds... but if they have not met you, that probably will not happen.  Pakistan is a very socially conservative society.

Keep in mind that marriages are arranged in that society. And for the most part, it does work. It is not a matter of getting along soley with the spouse but the family as well. It is  not all that strange that they are reluctant to do a marriage to a person they have not seen. Especially if you would possibly live in that culture and family. They don't know the qaulity of the person you are, and marriage is for life. 

I am not saying that are right for not giving you a chance. But they are cautious. My friend married a nonPaksitani woman. He brought her to his home in Karachi and she has a VERY diffficult time. They ended up divorcing. Caution is not a bad thing. At least the man is being honest with you and telling you. He is not gonig to marry you and then end up divorcing you, or marrying you for a green card.

Martha, I have to disagree with you, that if he did marry her,  he would have to marry a Pakistani wife. This is not necessarily the case. I know a number of people married to Pakistani people and their families are fine. It does depend upon the individual family.

And also about mothers vs. wife etc..  it s inot always that typoe of conflict. One thing that I noticed is that everyone is expected to obey their elders.  And their are different tensions in a household where everyone lives together. Yes you obey your parents, just as your kids will obey you.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
rubs_07 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubs_07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 11:46am

but does any1 know anything i can pray that might help the matters???

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 11:54am

Martha is right. The British are good and wise people. They were the first to behave themsleves, getting rid of the divine right of kings. They occupied many places in the world and developed / educated the people there. They enforced decent laws and upheld civil liberties and supported secular social good behaviour.

Even now they are very easy and loving people. But what to do about the pakistanis who cannot digest decency. It is the misbehaviour of the Pakistanis and generally the Muslims who is putting them at odd with the things.

The story of Martha is very moving, and a typical common case. Her husband was at fault. Now martha should have trust in God, more than before. I wonder if they had any children. Martha should keep meeting the Muslims and attend all gatherings. That will make life easy and may pick up some new interest in life. She supported the man and his second spouse +parents financially . That is a matter of the past.

I wonder what that man was doing himself and why was he not earning enough to support Martha. So let bygone be bygone. Good-bye to the bad guy. Good riddence.

rubs_07 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubs_07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 12:04pm

Thankyou for everyones comments... I have taken this on board. I have met most of the family, even the mum, dad. They just didnt know who i was. Use to work with his sister.

I live in England. Reading everyones comments sounds easy to do, but i still have hope, but then again i have made it clear i cant wait anymore. That if he has decided to choose his mum, then his parents have succeded. And there was no point even telling them. As he never managed to gain anything from telling them.  I really dont know what to do, do i wait a little while see what happens or move on and see whats around the corner... Only allah knows best.

martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 1:51pm

Thanks minuteman for your comments. I was previously married and had 3 children. But no children with the Pakistani man, though I would have liked that. I now live alone. I wouldnt wish my situation on anybody, but it will improve I'm sure

Rubs, I wish you well. And I really hope your boyfriend is honest with you. At least that way your mind will be clear as to how to move foreward with your life. Keep us updated. We all care about eachother in this forum, even if we dont always agree. Without the members I would be quite alone.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic