IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marraige  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marraige

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marraige
    Posted: 30 November 2007 at 10:28am
I will take my time, I have better things to do than just basking in some imaginary past glories of our boys on different fronts. Plus, it does take time to pick up the right pieces from such a catalogue of rotten deeds. 
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 4:05am

Ha ha mi amigo!

Te esperando. Venga pues!

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 3:51am

Whisper, you are the one to be despised, or maybe pitied is a better word.

Thanks for the compliments, my dear dear Martha, and more for proving the age old adage that Truth is bitter.

You know very little about Britain, that is obvious, nor about our relationships with others.

My friend, I know both the Britains, full well. I know the Brit isles that I was schooled in and I also happen to know the Brit role that has played absolutely dirty games, with the world, out of sheer self interest.

I have my sympathies for you on spotting someone calling a spade a spade. I also have a bit of sympathy for this thread and am taking our debate to a new topic: "For Pobre Marthas of our world".

Let's meet there and please do come prepared with some facts and figures, not just with mere blind patriotism.

martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 1:38am
Whisper, you are the one to be despised, or maybe pitied is a better word. You know very little about Britain, that is obvious, nor about our relationships with others. If you base your 'facts' on your opinion and those of your 'friends', then you have few friends, or ones that are as despicable as you. Bobo.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 11:14pm

The old Britain did much for the old India:- education, hospitals and a better chance.

I always love this spin as if India had no educational institutions or a real health system before the Brits discovered their Golden Bird. Once, I watched a programme on the telly, which actually implied that the Indians didn�t speak with each before the great gift of the English language was delivered to them?

Just imagine, millions of Indians going about their streets as some deaf mutes. I am not too sure if they could see or not?

Why did the Brits go there?

India was a fully developed society + an area PRODUCING 72% of the global produce. It was like the Dubai of that day. As if the Brits or any other invader would spend even an ounce of energy on jumping on some empty cart?

Britain also gave out British passports to the Indians. A very charitable gesture.

My heart goes out for the Brits. Their passports! After looting all their wealth?

Whether we did right to split India into two to form Pakistan and India is always debatible.

Really? And, it�s not a known habit of the Brits to partition every country before they leave. Malaysia? They were lucky to have Tunko Abdel Rahman to whisper to them to keep united.

Nigeri � Biafra � war and ultimate defeat of the actual Brit plan.

I won�t mention Palestine, because the whole world know of this wound and the great Brit contribution to it. Great Churchill is on record saying: �and we would have 400,000 or even a million Jews doing our bidding in that part of the world�.

Not clever on the Asians part.

These very Asians had LIVED in absolute harmony for well over 1072 years, together.

I know, tomorrow, you will be saying the same thing about Iraq � after the SITUATION there has been created solely by Britain, the US and Australia - the English speaking cousins.

More recently, Mrs Thatcher made it possible for many Asians to come to Britain to train in good professions.

Despite the fact that you mention that poor Grocerette, I will just ask you one simple question: Were these �Asians� always the same before that golden British touch?

Do you know anything about conditions in London, I won�t even mention the provincial towns, in the 17th century?

You fail to point out our charitable deeds when Pakistan had a huge earthquake 2 years back. The British public raised millions of pounds of aid.

I am not discussing the poor British public who are equally abused and subjugated by their lying and cheating masters.

If you ask the Pakistani/Indians their opinion now, many agree that life would be better if they were still under British rule.

When did you conduct that poll?

I know it not to be true, yet what a great consolation for our past sins. Today, no one, no one, across the globe envies or even has been left with any sympathy for the Brits. They are despised. Not our fault, just your recent bligerances.

martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 5:54am

Whisper. Some facts for you. The old Britain did much for the old India:- education, hospitals and a better chance. Britain also gave out British passports to the Indians. A very charitable gesture.Whether we did right to split India into two to form Pakistan and India is always debatible. But Britain did not expect the 2 new nations to cause mass bloodshed. Not clever on the Asians part.

More recently, Mrs Thatcher made it possible for many Asians to come to Britain to train in good professions. We are a helpful nation, not a hindrance. You fail to point out our charitable deeds when Pakistan had a huge earthquake 2 years back. The British public raised millions of pounds of aid. Nothing to do with the government. That was a separate issue.

If you ask the Pakistani/Indians their opinion now, many agree that life would be better if they were still under British rule.

And Britain is nothing like the US

Most recent, I agree we were unable to get our government to stop from invading Iraq and Afganistan with the US. We never wanted our boys to go.

Rubs, sorry we are totally off the subject now. Let us know how it  isgoing. We are thinking about you. It is not an easy situation for you. Next thing, Whisper will probably say it's the fault of the British that this has happened.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 5:34am

To Whisper: Sir I was only comparing the various invading forces of Europe during the last few centuries who occupied most part of the world.

Brother, I agree with you in that sense.

But the French, the Portugese or the Spanish didn't bend the minds of their subjects. They didn't leave behind so much of internal strife. They didn't spit in and break every pot when the fo0lks wanted it back from them - like partitioning India - just to dilute the extent of heavy Muslim minority in that place.

One of my friends says that there is no place ever more complicated (he uses some other word, but wish to stay on IC for a while, yet!) than where Cricket is played!!

Benefactors? You mean they did all those things out of charity for los pobre Indianos? They only and ever did anything that was good for their business and good control of the place. They are exactly like the Americans, the only difference is they just smell and behave slightly better.

The Brit public is entirely different, but they could NOT stop their greedy duplidocuss rulers from getting their boys into Iraq and Afghanistan. I don't know about Iraq, but the Pathaans are extremely hospitable to their occupiers, a good 38% of the NATO chaps are now confirmed hard drug addicts!

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 3:27am

Perfectly good words from lovesakeenah. Every word is meaningful.

I wonder if both friends have the English nationality?? Because if they do not then it can be the cause of complications.

About prayers, it is very important that 1. One does not get tired of praying for something.  2. The prayers should be for good and logical, legal things.  3. The best time to pray and speak to God is during prosteration and the prayer shoud be in your own language, after the ritual Arabic words of Tasbeeh.

Please also consider that none of us is able to advise you in the matter of a case of Majnoun - Laila. That means intense love for some one without the fear of ill effects. Rub has to weigh her longings. And read the post of lovesakeenah again and again.

To Whisper: Sir I was only comparing the various invading forces of Europe during the last few centuries who occupied most part of the world. There were French in North Afrika and dutch in the far east. The Indians were lucky to have the British who brought a rule of law for varying faith and race people in India. Otherwise what was there?? The kings and princes were having dance and music sessions in palaces and wasting the public money.

The British gave personal liberty to every one to practice their own faith. That was the best thing that they did. and Muslims (specially Punjabi Muslims) should be very much thankful to the British. We know that any one who does not thank his benefactor does not thank Allah too. So I do not want to be a thankless person.

Edited by minuteman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic