IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Market Place (Bazar/Souk) > Religious
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hadith of the day  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hadith of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 82>
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:27pm

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

�If the servant of one of you brings his food and he does not want to make him sit and eat with him, then let him offer him a morsel or two, because he has prepared it and served it.�

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2418 and 5144; Muslim, 1663.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 1:18am

Abdullah bin `Amr bin Al-`as (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: A man came to the Prophet (PBUH) of Allah and said, "I swear allegiance to you for emigration and Jihad, seeking reward from Allah.'' He (PBUH) said, "Is any of your parents alive?'' He said, "Yes, both of them are alive.'' He (PBUH) then asked, "Do you want to seek reward from Allah?'' He replied in the affirmative. Thereupon Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Go back to your parents and keep good company with them". [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

In another narration it is reported that a person came to Messenger of Allah (PBUH) and sought his permission to participate in Jihad. The Prophet (PBUH) asked, "Are your parents alive?'' He replied in the affirmative. The Prophet a(PBUH) said, "(You should) consider their service as Jihad.''

"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 6:44pm

It was narrated from Mu�aadh ibn Jabal (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) took him by the hand and said: �O Mu�aadh, by Allah I love you, by Allah I love you.�

Then he said: �I advise you, O Mu�aadh, do not neglect to say following every prayer: O Allaah, help me to remember You and give thanks to You and to worship You well.�  { Allahumma A'ainni al'a zikrika wa shukrika wa husni ibadatik"}

Narrated by Abu Dawood (1522). Al-Nawawi said in al-Adhkaar (p. 103): Its isnaad is saheeh. Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said in Buloogh al-Maraam (p. 96): Its isnaad is qawiy. It was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 6:37pm

Abu Umama al-Bahili reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "I guarantee a house on the outskirts of the Garden to anyone who abstains from disputation, even if he is in the right, and a house in the middle of the Garden for anyone who abandons lying, even when he jests, and a house at the summit of the Garden for anyone who has good character." [Abu Dawud] 

Edited by seekshidayath - 28 June 2008 at 6:38pm
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 7:04pm
Al-Tirmidhi HadithHadith 1909

Narrated byAnas ibn Malik

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "Sadaqah appeases the Lord's anger and averts an evil death."

Al-Tirmidhi HadithHadith 29

Narrated byMu'adh ibn Jabal

I said to Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him): Inform me about an act which would entitle me to get into Paradise, and remove me away from Hell-Fire.

He (the Prophet) said: You have asked me about a matter (which ostensibly appears to be) difficult but it is easy to those for whom Allah, the Exalted, has made it easy.
Worship Allah and do not associate anything with him,
establish prayer,
 pay the Zakat,
observe the fast of Ramadan
and perform Hajj to the (sacred) House (Ka'bah).

He again said: Should I not direct you to the gateways of good?

Listen to me: The fasting is a shield against evil, the charity extinguishes (the fire of sin) just as water  extinguishes fire, the prayer of a person during the middle of the night.

Then he recited: 'Who forsake their beds...(up to)....they used to do.'

Then he said: Should I not direct you to the highest level of this matter, to the pillar on which (it rests) and its top?

I said: Allah's Messenger yes, (do tell me).

He said: The uppermost level of the matter is al-Islam. Its pillar is the prayer and its top is Jihad.
He then said: Should I not inform you of the sheet anchor of all this?
I said: Allah's Apostle (of course do it).

He took hold of his tongue and said: Exercise restraint on it.

I said: Apostle of Allah, would we be held responsible for what we say with it?

Thereupon he said: Mu'adh, may your mother be bereaved. Will anything else besides (irresponsible) talk cause the people to be thrown into the Hell-Fire upon their faces or on their nostrils?

Transmitted by Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah.

Edited by seekshidayath - 04 July 2008 at 7:05pm
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 5:46pm

As'Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

It was narrated that Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: 

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

�Whoever is mainly concerned about the Hereafter, Allaah will make him feel independent of others and will make him focused and content, and his worldly affairs will fall into place. But whoever is mainly concerned with this world, Allaah will make him feel in constant need of others and will make him distracted and unfocused, and he will get nothing of this world except what is decreed for him.� (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2389; classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami�, 6510).

Edited by seekshidayath - 10 July 2008 at 5:50pm
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 6:58pm

Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

"In Paradise there is a tree in whose shade a rider could travel for a hundred years without crossing it. Recite, if you wish: �In shade long-extended� [al-Waaqi�ah 56:30]"

Reported by al-Bukhaari, 4502

Edited by seekshidayath - 17 July 2008 at 6:59pm
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2008 at 6:04pm

According to the Hadith;

Abu Huraira (RA) related that the Prophet(SAW) said: Allah the Majestic and Exalted said: "Every deed of man will receive ten to 700 times reward, except Siyam (fasting), for it is for Me and I shall reward it (as I like). There are two occasions of joy for one who fasts: one when he breaks the fast and the other when he will meet his Lord" (Muslim).

If every deed is multiplied by so much, each time we miss or give up an opportunity to do a good deed, we are giving up the opportunity to earn so much reward!

Edited by seekshidayath - 30 August 2008 at 6:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 82>
  Share Topic