IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is the purpose behind our existence?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is the purpose behind our existence?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 9:55am

Nur_Ilahi,

What do you mean by this statement? can you please explain.

And how do we reciprocate His Love? By putting Him in a stone and worshiping Him? By associating Him with a man that He created? To me that is an insult to His Love and to His Majesty

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 4:34pm

Agape - unconditional LOVE.  But that does not mean that a payment must not be made for sins, bad deeds commited.  A debt must be paid.

LOL!!  Are we getting off topic again?

God gave us rule over all creatures.

Genesis 1

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." 

--------------------------------

Would GOD bless those if He did not love them?

Genesis 1

28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

------------------------

Psalms 8

3 When I consider your heavens,
       the work of your fingers,
       the moon and the stars,
       which you have set in place,

4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
       the son of man that you care for him?

5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings  
       and crowned him with glory and honor.

6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
       you put everything under his feet:

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Agape - unconditional LOVE.  But that does not mean that a payment must not be made for sins, bad deeds commited.  A debt must be paid.

Dear Believer, it is true that we all love the God (We call Him Allah) and He loves us. Where as the love of the christians God (Abb ie. father) may be limited to one man, his son Jesus, or at the most to the people, the Love of Allah (Rabb) is far widespread. It encompasses the entire creation, dead or alive, material or spiritual, past or present, on earth or in the universe.

Allah is the Rabb. He is nourishing (supporting) everything to progress and perfection. Please see the very first verse of the Quran (V. 1:1). He is the Rabb (not Abb) of the sickness and diseases, of ideas, of repltiles, seas, oceans, volcanoes and storms, bodies and souls. Rabb has got the full qualities of Abb in it and even much more than that. Because what a Rabb can do, the father cannot do.

You said, "A debt must be paid."  There is no need to punish any one for the crime of another person. There is no need to punish. Allah is forgiving and Merciful. He can forgive sins. Only, we have to repent. That is necessary. We have to repent. That was the lesson of John the baptist and also the lesson from Jesus. Man needs to repent.

Do you believe that a man can forgive the sin or crime of another man but the God cannot forgive any one without punishing him?? That is not right. God can always fogive the greatest sin in a twinkling of an eye. Peace and blessings for you. Thanks.

Edited by minuteman
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 5:46am
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

And how do we reciprocate His Love? By putting Him in a stone and worshiping Him? By associating Him with a man that He created? To me that is an insult to His Love and to His Majesty

Salam dear Martha,

Whatever we see in this world whether past or present are just creations of the Creator. From the furthest of the planets, to the tiniest of the veins or the minutest of a DNA. We can see His Majesty, We can observe His Power, we can talk to Him, sometimes we can even hear His words. We can feel His Love, but We cannot see Him physically. If we can see Him physically, then there is no purpose of Heaven where one has to strive to get there to see Him personally.

For me, God AlMighty has got no parallels, no match, nothing similar, nothing comparable. He created the stones, He created Men, it is not befitting for such MAJESTY to be placed in an inanimate object like the idols, or in the shape of a man, who himself needed his mother for a living.

To me a Supreme Being that is worthy of worship, does not need anything, nor anyone. He is Al-Hayy, - The Living, He is Al-Awwal, and He is Al-Akhir - The Last.

Am I being too harsh? If I am, please forgive me.

Salam.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 6:30am

Salaams Nur-Ilahi,

I totally agree with your above post.

And I can now see that you were trying to explain 'idols' when refering to 'putting a man in stone'

Thankyou for your very nice, heartfelt post

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 6:39am

Who said we only love Jesus, or GOD only loves Jesus?

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Yes, we all must repent every day for sins we have commited and for those we don't even realize!!  We can never repent enough to erase all of our own personal sins.  GOD is so holy and righteous that we can never come close to Him without Jesus.  With Jesus we can fight the sin, the temptation is much less.  We can put on the armor of Jesus

You are correct this is not right- Do you believe that a man can forgive the sin or crime of another man but the God cannot forgive any one without punishing him?? That is not right.

So in Islam there is no hell?  That brings us back to all the women in hell!!  LOL!!

John 3
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 6:48am

Nur-Ilahi - Yes!!  GOD does not need anything. 

He desires a relationship with us.

GOD didn't need to come to earth in human form.  He wanted to!!  Jesus is just one manifestation of GOD.

GOD is ONE!!

Praise GOD from whom all blessings flow!!

John 3
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 5:49am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

GOD didn't need to come to earth in human form.  He wanted to!!  Jesus is just one manifestation of GOD.

The question is why Jesus? And why must he die? Sorry if I am being blunt, but dying on a cross shows a weak god, a helpless god, How are we to respect someone that we want to hold on to, to put all our hopes for the hereafter if he had shown his weakness.

Astaghfirullah - I seek forgiveness from Allah - ALLAHUAKBAR - ALLAH IS GREAT! It is impossible that He is weak, It is impossible that He dies.

Looking at the brightness of the sun, we can see the manifestation of God's power, looking at the rain falling, we can see the manifestation of His Rahmah or Mercy, looking at a mother suckling her baby with love is a manifestation of God's Love, looking at the tiniest of the veins in a brain, is a manifestation of His intellect. There are indeed many more of His manifestation that He showed us and many of us are too blind (spiritual myopia like someone mentioned).

Jesus was just a prophet, a creation of God, like you and me.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic