IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is the purpose behind our existence?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is the purpose behind our existence?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the purpose behind our existence?
    Posted: 03 February 2008 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Volume 1, Book 2, Number 28:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said: "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful." It was asked, "Do they disbelieve in Allah?" (or are they ungrateful to Allah?) He replied, "They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them. If you have always been good (benevolent) to one of them and then she sees something in you (not of her liking), she will say, 'I have never received any good from you."

Volume 2, Book 18, Number 161:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Abbas:

The sun eclipsed in the life-time of the Prophet (p.b.u.h) . Allah's Apostle offered the eclipse prayer and stood for a long period equal to the period in which one could recite Surat-al-Baqara. Then he bowed for a long time and then stood up for a long period which was shorter than that of the first standing, then bowed again for a long time but for a shorter period than the first; then he prostrated twice and then stood up for a long period which was shorter than that of the first standing; then he bowed for a long time which was shorter than the previous one, and then he raised his head and stood up for a long period which was shorter than the first standing, then he bowed for a long time which was shorter than the first bowing, and then prostrated (twice) and finished the prayer. By then, the sun (eclipse) had cleared. The Prophet then said, "The sun and the moon are two of the signs of Allah. They eclipse neither because of the death of somebody nor because of his life (i.e. birth). So when you see them, remember Allah." The people say, "O Allah's Apostle! We saw you taking something from your place and then we saw you retreating." The Prophet replied, "I saw Paradise and stretched my hands towards a bunch (of its fruits) and had I taken it, you would have eaten from it as long as the world remains. I also saw the Hell-fire and I had never seen such a horrible sight. I saw that most of the inhabitants were women." The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! Why is it so?" The Prophet replied, "Because of their ungratefulness." It was asked whether they are ungrateful to Allah. The Prophet said, "They are ungrateful to their companions of life (husbands) and ungrateful to good deeds. If you are benevolent to one of them throughout the life and if she sees anything (undesirable) in you, she will say, 'I have never had any good from you.' "

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 124:

Narrated Usama:

The Prophet said, "I stood at the gate of Paradise and saw that the majority of the people who entered it were the poor, while the wealthy were stopped at the gate (for the accounts). But the companions of the Fire were ordered to be taken to the Fire. Then I stood at the gate of the Fire and saw that the majority of those who entered it were women."

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 125:

During the lifetime of Allah's Apostle, the sun eclipsed. Allah's Apostle offered the prayer of (the) eclipse) and so did the people along with him. He performed a long Qiyam (standing posture) during which Surat-al-Baqara could have been recited; then he performed a pro-longed bowing, then raised his head and stood for a long time which was slightly less than that of the first Qiyam (and recited Qur'an). Then he performed a prolonged bowing again but the period was shorter than the period of the first bowing, then he stood up and then prostrated. Again he stood up, but this time the period of standing was less than the first standing. Then he performed a prolonged bowing but of a lesser duration than the first, then he stood up again for a long time but for a lesser duration than the first. Then he performed a prolonged bowing but of lesser duration than the first, and then he again stood up, and then prostrated and then finished his prayer. By then the sun eclipse had cleared. The Prophet then said, "The sun and the moon are two signs among the signs of Allah, and they do not eclipse because of the death or birth of someone, so when you observe the eclipse, remember Allah (offer the eclipse prayer)." They (the people) said, "O Allah's Apostle! We saw you stretching your hand to take something at this place of yours, then we saw you stepping backward." He said, "I saw Paradise (or Paradise was shown to me), and I stretched my hand to pluck a bunch (of grapes), and had I plucked it, you would have eaten of it as long as this world exists. Then I saw the (Hell) Fire, and I have never before, seen such a horrible sight as that, and I saw that the majority of its dwellers were women." The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is the reason for that?" He replied, "Because of their ungratefulness." It was said. "Do they disbelieve in Allah (are they ungrateful to Allah)?" He replied, "They are not thankful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors done to them. Even if you do good to one of them all your life, when she seems some harshness from you, she will say, "I have never seen any good from you.' "

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 126:

Narrated Imran:

The Prophet said, "I looked at Paradise and saw that the majority of its residents were the poor; and I looked at the (Hell) Fire and saw that the majority of its residents were women."

I think a disclaimer first, I mean no respect or offence. But this is a very male dominated thing, from a male dominated society & man run religion. This puts or paints women in a negative view one that men will see to exploit women as a lesser being. Since it is already mentioned in the verses that majority of women are in the hell fire its (something I don't believe in personally) set it up for others to put women down and treat them less than with equality.

Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

Narrated Imran:

The Prophet said, "I looked at Paradise and saw that the majority of its residents were the poor; and I looked at the (Hell) Fire and saw that the majority of its residents were women."

When a person dies, and is permitted to Heaven, all his worldy goods are just that, and will not go with him. The majority of Hell's residents being women, is due to the fact that they constantly complained in this life, with no just cause.

that is just as bad!

sorry for going of topic.

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 1:57pm

Believer,

What we should remember is that there are many women who constantly berate their husbands, even if he does his best. This kind of woman surely would not be entitled to a place in Heaven, regardless of her religion. I would also say that a man who does not appreciate a wife who is blameless, will also not be permitted in Heaven.

Narrated Imran:

When a person dies, and is permitted to Heaven, all his worldy goods are just that, and will not go with him. The majority of Hell's residents being women, is due to the fact that they constantly complained in this life, with no just cause.

Are there any Buddhist or Hindu on this forum? -that could be a good discussion.  Jesus was all about equality it shows in His parables.  Krishna never disputed the caste system.

Any true believer of Islam will tell you that the caste system does not exist on earth or Heaven. Only misguided human beings, pressured by culture, will take caste and worldly goods into consideration. Sad but true.

I dont think there is a limit to how many husbands a woman can have, providing of course she only takes one at a time. Liz Taylor has done pretty well for herself, as has Zsa Zsa Gabor.( and many more no doubt) 

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 1:38pm

So you say that the Quran is corrupt too?  You are the first Muslim to ever admit that.   

Well of course the best women are virtuous!  Mohammad may have said there were virtuous women, did he say most women are? 

Mohammed said, "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers are women."

Volume 1, Book 2, Number 28:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said: "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful." It was asked, "Do they disbelieve in Allah?" (or are they ungrateful to Allah?) He replied, "They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them. If you have always been good (benevolent) to one of them and then she sees something in you (not of her liking), she will say, 'I have never received any good from you."

Volume 2, Book 18, Number 161:

The sun eclipsed in the life-time of the Prophet (p.b.u.h) . Allah's Apostle offered the eclipse prayer and stood for a long period equal to the period in which one could recite Surat-al-Baqara. Then he bowed for a long time and then stood up for a long period which was shorter than that of the first standing, then bowed again for a long time but for a shorter period than the first; then he prostrated twice and then stood up for a long period which was shorter than that of the first standing; then he bowed for a long time which was shorter than the previous one, and then he raised his head and stood up for a long period which was shorter than the first standing, then he bowed for a long time which was shorter than the first bowing, and then prostrated (twice) and finished the prayer. By then, the sun (eclipse) had cleared. The Prophet then said, "The sun and the moon are two of the signs of Allah. They eclipse neither because of the death of somebody nor because of his life (i.e. birth). So when you see them, remember Allah." The people say, "O Allah's Apostle! We saw you taking something from your place and then we saw you retreating." The Prophet replied, "I saw Paradise and stretched my hands towards a bunch (of its fruits) and had I taken it, you would have eaten from it as long as the world remains. I also saw the Hell-fire and I had never seen such a horrible sight. I saw that most of the inhabitants were women." The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! Why is it so?" The Prophet replied, "Because of their ungratefulness." It was asked whether they are ungrateful to Allah. The Prophet said, "They are ungrateful to their companions of life (husbands) and ungrateful to good deeds. If you are benevolent to one of them throughout the life and if she sees anything (undesirable) in you, she will say, 'I have never had any good from you.' "

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 124:

Narrated Usama:

The Prophet said, "I stood at the gate of Paradise and saw that the majority of the people who entered it were the poor, while the wealthy were stopped at the gate (for the accounts). But the companions of the Fire were ordered to be taken to the Fire. Then I stood at the gate of the Fire and saw that the majority of those who entered it were women."

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 125:

During the lifetime of Allah's Apostle, the sun eclipsed. Allah's Apostle offered the prayer of (the) eclipse) and so did the people along with him. He performed a long Qiyam (standing posture) during which Surat-al-Baqara could have been recited; then he performed a pro-longed bowing, then raised his head and stood for a long time which was slightly less than that of the first Qiyam (and recited Qur'an). Then he performed a prolonged bowing again but the period was shorter than the period of the first bowing, then he stood up and then prostrated. Again he stood up, but this time the period of standing was less than the first standing. Then he performed a prolonged bowing but of a lesser duration than the first, then he stood up again for a long time but for a lesser duration than the first. Then he performed a prolonged bowing but of lesser duration than the first, and then he again stood up, and then prostrated and then finished his prayer. By then the sun eclipse had cleared. The Prophet then said, "The sun and the moon are two signs among the signs of Allah, and they do not eclipse because of the death or birth of someone, so when you observe the eclipse, remember Allah (offer the eclipse prayer)." They (the people) said, "O Allah's Apostle! We saw you stretching your hand to take something at this place of yours, then we saw you stepping backward." He said, "I saw Paradise (or Paradise was shown to me), and I stretched my hand to pluck a bunch (of grapes), and had I plucked it, you would have eaten of it as long as this world exists. Then I saw the (Hell) Fire, and I have never before, seen such a horrible sight as that, and I saw that the majority of its dwellers were women." The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is the reason for that?" He replied, "Because of their ungratefulness." It was said. "Do they disbelieve in Allah (are they ungrateful to Allah)?" He replied, "They are not thankful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors done to them. Even if you do good to one of them all your life, when she seems some harshness from you, she will say, "I have never seen any good from you.' "

Narrated Imran:

How many husbands can a women have?  How many witnesses do they need?

Are there any Buddhist or Hindu on this forum? -that could be a good discussion.  Jesus was all about equality it shows in His parables.  Krishna never disputed the caste system.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 4:24am

Excellent reply to the believer by Nur_Ilahi.. We honor Jesus from the bottom of our heart, and his mother and his disciples. But we do not believe that he is a god. There are many prophets, But none of them is a god. We do not want to argue or debate in these matters and no dishonor to any christian. With due respect, all our main beliefs are contained in the Quran. Any one can see them.

Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 10:24pm

Can men corrupt the WORD of GOD?

Indeed men can. The Bible is a good example.

Jesus is GOD incarnate.  A manifestation of GOD - that is why He is so special. 

If Christians think that Jesus is God incarnate, then Buddhists think that Buddha is their god incarnate, then Hindus think that their Krishna is their god incarnate. Why should God incarnate in a creation of His? How could we place a SUPREME BEING FULL OF MAJESTY in an animate object that can give no benefits whatsoever to human being?

If you think Jesus who died on a cross looking so very very sorry and full of weakness is so special, then you have to think again. A SUPREME BEING IS SUPPOSED TO BE STRONG and ETERNAL not weak and defenceless.

I apologize, I was not clear.  Yes we can speak with GOD everyday, anyday on our own.  There are no reasons for a go between.

Then why should we need Jesus for salvation? The jobs of the prophets is to show us the way to God. Lighting up the path to God. We have to tread this path ourselves. Follow their footsteps that lead the way to Salvation. Not thru them do we worship God. There is no hijab or obstacles between us and God. This is fair to all of His Servants who wants to seek Him.

I am talking about after this life.  You can choose to try and reach heaven to be with GOD on your own, but you will never be holy enough, have done enough good deeds, lead a righteous enough life, etc.

As I said you do not understand the meaning of Al-Rahman and Al-Raheem. The Most Compassionate, The Most Merciful. He is God Al-GhafurThe Most Forgiving. He is God At-TawwabThe Accepter of Repentence. He gives us sustenance and everything that we need in this world, how do we say �thank you boss� ? By worshipping a stone, an idol, a statue � anything that He created? How ungrateful can we be?

Jesus teaching were very different then Mohammad's.  The real teachings of Jesus was definitely similar to Muhammad. First and foremost, he taught the monotheism of God � THE ONENESS OF GOD. Without any associates whatsoever.

GOD forbid you are female, chances are you will not reach heaven in Islam.  Through Jesus anyone can enter heaven.  Faith and repentance. � I wish that you can back up these words with solid proof whether in the Quran or Sunnah. I believe in the the Justice of God as He is Al-Adl � The Most Fair. There will not be any human being without women and there will no be any human being either without men.

And what did Muhammad said about women? Women are the twin halves of men.

The world and all things in it are valuable; but the most valuable thing in the world is a virtuous woman.

The best women are the virtuous; they are the most affectionate to infants, and the most careful of their husband's property.

When a woman performeth the five times of prayer, and fasteth the month of Ramadan, and is chaste, and is not disobedient to her husband, then tell her to enter Paradise by whichever door she liketh.

Salam.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 5:16pm

Can men corrupt the WORD of GOD?

Jesus is GOD incarnate.  A manifestation of GOD - that is why He is so special. 

I apologize, I was not clear.  Yes we can speak with GOD everyday, anyday on our own.  There are no reasons for a go between.

I am talking about after this life.  You can choose to try and reach heaven to be with GOD on your own, but you will never be holy enough, have done enough good deeds, lead a righteous enough life, etc.

Jesus teaching were very different then Mohammad's. 

GOD forbid you are female, chances are you will not reach heaven in Islam.  Through Jesus anyone can enter heaven.  Faith and repentance.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 6:43am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

I am not.  Only through Christ, my faith and repentance can I come colse to being worthy of coming to GOD.    

Dear believer,

Then you do not understnd the extent of God's love. As I said before, God created us without the assistance of anyone in between. He just said 'BE!' and 'BE IT!".

Also I mentioned that the biggest act of God's love is sending HIS Prophets and Messengers as well as holy scriptures as a guide to mankind in finding Him. Yes you can find salvation in following the footsteps of Jesus, but not in worshipping him nor thru him. And he was not the only one messenger or prophets that God sent. We have to follow the latest messenger or prophet as he brought the latest tidings from God. And the last messenger was Muhammad and the last holy scripture, is Al-Quran.

In fact all the messengers and prophets of God only worship the ONE TRUE GOD without any intermediary whatsoever. Why when come to Jesus humans must go to God thru him? There is nothing so special about Jesus. His teachings were basically the same with all the teachings of the prophets sent to mankind by God AlMighty. It was men who changed the scriptures to suit their ego or men led by Satan to lead the innocents away from truth and away from the ONE TRUE GOD who created the whole universe.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 6:07pm
minuteman - Very nice verses but they do not explain how to get on the right hand and stay away from the left hand.
John 3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic