IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Flat Earth and the Geocentric Universe  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flat Earth and the Geocentric Universe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2014 at 3:11am
Ron Webb you've been flirting with upsetting Muslims on this forum for a while now. If you are man enough come out and say it like a man, list everything that you think is wrong is Islam.

Stop hiding behind the computer.

You are more than despicable but I don't know the word for it so I won't call you it.

Edited by Abu Loren - 17 June 2014 at 3:12am
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2014 at 3:53am
More bad news for the scientific types here.

But before you read it quickly go and grab your science books.

Mankind has been shrinking in size since the creation of Adam (Alayhi Salaam). Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala has been destroying nations and people for their transgressions thought human history. He tells us in the Qur'an that He creates a new creation after the former has been destroyed.

Two scenarios

1) In the Great Flood of Prophet Nuh (Alayhi Salaam) many species on the earth has been destroyed. There is evidence from the Bible that dinosaurs lived side by side with humans, so we can deduce from this that these creatures were destroyed in the Flood.

Job / 441:1 Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?  

41:2 Canst thou put an hook into his nose? or bore his jaw through with a thorn?

41:3 Will he make many supplications unto thee? will he speak soft words unto thee?

41:4 Will he make a covenant with thee? wilt thou take him for a servant for ever?

41:5 Wilt thou play with him as with a bird? or wilt thou bind him for thy maidens?

41:6 Shall the companions make a banquet of him? shall they part him among the merchants?

41:7 Canst thou fill his skin with barbed irons? or his head with fish spears?

41:8 Lay thine hand upon him, remember the battle, do no more.

41:9 Behold, the hope of him is in vain: shall not one be cast down even at the sight of him?

41:10 None is so fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to stand before me? 

Leviathan was evidently the greatest of the marine reptiles, or dinosaurs, something like a plesiosaur, perhaps, although modern commentators tend to call it a crocodile. Isaiah says that leviathan was "the dragon that is in the sea" (Isaiah 27:1), and the psalmist said that leviathan "played" in the "great and wide sea" (Psalm 104:25,26).

Source:

KJV Defenders Study Bible, by Dr. Henry Morris, Ph.D.
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Language: English
DEF 10 ISBN 0-529-10444-x
DEF 10-1 ISBN 0-529-10445-8

2) Allah Subhana Wa Taa'ala also destroyed the people of Thamud, they are said to be over eight feet tall.

Therefore, we as human beings are the final creation until the Last Day.

Something else to consider also from the book of Job.

26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.  

26:8 He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them.  

26:9 He holdeth back the face of his throne, and spreadeth his cloud upon it.

26:10 He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.  

26:11 The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof.

26:12 He divideth the sea with his power, and by his understanding he smiteth through the proud.

26:13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.  

26:14 Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2014 at 10:25am

Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Ron Webb you've been flirting with upsetting Muslims on this forum for a while now. If you are man enough come out and say it like a man, list everything that you think is wrong is Islam.

"Being a man" doesn't mean being undiplomatic or provocative.  I say what I need to say to make myself understood, but I don't wish to upset anyone.  Not even you.

Quote Stop hiding behind the computer.

Stop hiding behind ad hominems.  They only highlight the fact that you have nothing substantive to say.

Quote You are more than despicable but I don't know the word for it so I won't call you it.

I stand by my opinion that both of us are sincere and genuinely good people, one of whom (I'll let you decide which oneWink) is being led astray by false teachings.

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2014 at 4:00am
Asteroids and Meteors

We are told by scientists that there are billions of Asteroids and meteors traveling throughout the Solar System and the Universe. If that is the case then statistically the earth should be bombarded with these entities but we hardly ever notice them.  Why?

One reason could be that we have been lied to.

The other reason that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is protecting the earth because nothing happens without His Will.

Allahu Akbar!
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2014 at 4:49am
The real reason is that (almost) all celestial bodies are tied to a sun (planets) or to planets themselves (moons) - simply by gravitation. Our earth is not floating around freely (in the universe) either, otherwise I can assure you that it would get very cold very quickly - even at your place.
What you say is however not completely out of any logic: At the beginning of our solar system the earth (and other planets) were indeed heavily bombarded by comets. Over the billions of years of existence (of our solar system) most of these object have been "absorbed" so that there are not many left anymore. The motion and gravitational pull of the planets (and the sun) act(ed) like gigantic vacuum cleaners.
The planets of our solar system are tied to their respective orbits (according to the laws of physics which we know very precisely) and they are separated well enough to never collide with each other. Again this separation evolved over time: one thinks that our moon was created after a collision between our old earth and a small planet (or big comet). Again almost all objects on a (potential) collision course have been weeded out over the billions of years.

Obviously you can still say "Allah made it [in the end]" - but you can not deny that modern science delivers a much clearer picture on how our solar system evolved than the Quran ever did (and will).

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 19 June 2014 at 3:18am
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2014 at 4:03pm

We are told by scientists that there are billions of Asteroids and meteors traveling throughout the Solar System and the Universe. If that is the case then statistically the earth should be bombarded with these entities but we hardly ever notice them.  Why?
Lots of reasons, but mostly because the vast majority of them are barely larger than dust particles.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 2:49am
With the lack of responses to my claims I will give myself a pat on the back and say "I am right". Wink
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 4:36am

With the lack of responses to my claims I will give myself a pat on the back and say "I am right". Wink

Lack of responses??

Speaking of lack of responses, please reread my post on June 16.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
  Share Topic