IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why believe in Islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why believe in Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 6:18am
Originally posted by rookaiya rookaiya wrote:

where in the Quran is that stated?

I said "imply".
Douggg View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 6:38am
Hi BMZ, , first, thankyou for welcoming me in the other thread.   I appreciate the opportunity for friendly dialogue.

Satan, in the wilderness temptation of Jesus, challenged Jesus as to being the Son of God.  Satan tempted Jesus 3 times.    Twice directly challenging Jesus as to being the Son of God... "if thou be the Son of God" in Matt 4:3, again in Matt 4:6.   The third temptation of Satan offering Jesus the kingdoms of this world was also a challenge to Jesus's being the Son of God,  simply because the kingdoms already belonged to Jesus to begin with being the Son of God.

Does not Islam not echo the doubt pursued by Satan to put in people's mind denying that Jesus is the Son of God... except that Islam is even more direct and affirmative in this area, as core to the belief of Islam is that God has no Son?     

For that reason, it seems to me that the inspiration of the Islam religion originates with Satan.

Peace,

Doug L.     

Edited by Douggg
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 8:55am

Originally posted by Douggg Douggg wrote:

Hi BMZ, , first, thankyou for welcoming me in the other thread.   I appreciate the opportunity for friendly dialogue.

Satan, in the wilderness temptation of Jesus, challenged Jesus as to being the Son of God.  Satan tempted Jesus 3 times.    Twice directly challenging Jesus as to being the Son of God... "if thou be the Son of God" in Matt 4:3, again in Matt 4:6.   The third temptation of Satan offering Jesus the kingdoms of this world was also a challenge to Jesus's being the Son of God,  simply because the kingdoms already belonged to Jesus to begin with being the Son of God.

Does not Islam not echo the doubt pursued by Satan to put in people's mind denying that Jesus is the Son of God... except that Islam is even more direct and affirmative in this area, as core to the belief of Islam is that God has no Son?     

For that reason, it seems to me that the inspiration of the Islam religion originates with Satan.

Peace,

Doug L.     

No, Douggg

There is a serious problem here.

Satan did not go on his own to tempt or test or try Jesus. Jesus, on the other hand, was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by Satan.

I suspect this statement was inspired by Satan. Don't you think so? The second problem is after declaring,"This is my son with whom I am pleased". Why would the Father plan to have him tested or tempted by the devil? Did the Father have doubts?

In case of Adam & Eve, Satan went himself to deceive or trick them.No spirit led Adam and Eve to be tested by Satan.

Douggg View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

[QUOTE=Douggg] Hi BMZ, , first, thankyou for welcoming me in the other thread.   I appreciate the opportunity for friendly dialogue.

Peace,

Doug L.     

Hi BMZ,

Satan did not go on his own to tempt or test or try Jesus.

The bible only says that Satan came to tempt Jesus after Jesus had been there 40 days fasting such that Jesus was physically weak and hungry when Satan decided to tempt him.  

Jesus, on the other hand, was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by Satan.

"on the other hand" of what?   That Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by Satan - I agree with you, as that is what is written the bible, Mark 4:1.

I suspect this statement was inspired by Satan. Don't you think so?

No, I don't.  Why would you think that?

The second problem is after declaring,"This is my son with whom I am pleased". Why would the Father have doubts?  The Father had just publically declared that Jesus was his beloved son.

You are asking me a question of why would the Father plan to have Jesus tested or tempted by the devil, that perhaps you should ask God.   But in my humble opinion it was to show that Jesus had authority over sin and Satan.

In case of Adam & Eve, Satan went himself to deceive or trick them.No spirit led Adam and Eve to be tested by Satan.

I don't see the relavency.   Nonetheless, Adam and Eve were not anointed by the  Holy Spirit, I agree with that... and they fell to temptation - didn't they?

BMZ, none of the above erases that Satan's intent was to deny that Jesus was the Son of God.  Denying that Jesus is the Son of God is a
fundamental belief of Islam.    The inspiration of the religion of Islam should be obvious.

Also, the one thing by which man can be made perfectly righteous  and justified before God, and to deal with the problem of our inherited nature to sin, due to the original sin of Adam and Eve, Islam also denys - that is the crucifixion death and resurrection.

Does Islam believe that Satan's goal is to destroy humanity?   If so, we are in agreement on that point.

But the very thing that saves humanity, the good news, Islam is against - just like Satan.   That is, the fundamental beliefs that Jesus is the Son of God and that Jesus was crucified, buried, and resurrected - that which Satan wants men to stay away from is what Islam fervently teaches men to stay away from.  

That Islam calls Satan a few names - he probably is having a good chuckle - as muslims deny Jesus is the Son of God, reject the cross,  and go on to eternal destruction... mission accomplished.   And Satan probably thanks the militant jihadists for killing more humans as well.

Peace,

Doug L.

Edited by Douggg
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2007 at 1:05am

Dougg, out of how many Gospels were our gospels today chosen? Tens? Hundreds? And please dont talk about the militant jihadists because u forget something which is, who attacked Iraq when Iraq never attacked it? Your government. Who invaded Afghanistan when Mulla Omar asked your government to just show him one proof that links bin laden to 9-11 and he'll personally hand him over? Your government. Whos on a, I quote, "crusade" right now? Your government. So plz give me a break.

Jesus according to the bible was tempted by satan yet according to your belief, those who voted on the trinity werent tempted by Satan? The fact is nothing can make u sure. What happened to those who didnt believe Jesus was God? They were persecuted.

Read the Quran ull come to realize that there is nothing in the Quran which contradicts the message of the prophets. There is something in the Quran which contradicts the doctrines which came into existance AFTER the prophets thanks to normal human beings of whom u follow till this very day. If a trinity existed which it doesnt, it would have been preached by all the prophets since the very begening and we wouldnt have been having this discussion. Noah peace be upon him would have said "your God is a truine God but one" Moses would have said your God is one and in a trinity but one. Even Jesus would have said o children of Israel the lord your God is one, in a trinity. The prophets woud have preached that your salvation comes in you believing that later on God is going to sacrafice his own son for your sins on a cross. No one ever preached that. All of a sudden we are to believe this while all of this came into existance after all the prophets and after Jesus Christ himself!? Impossible.

Douggg View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2007 at 1:34am
Hi Arab, ,

Dougg, out of how many Gospels were our gospels today chosen? Tens? Hundreds? And please dont talk about the militant jihadists because u forget something which is, who attacked Iraq when Iraq never attacked it? Your government. Who invaded Afghanistan when Mulla Omar asked your government to just show him one proof that links bin laden to 9-11 and he'll personally hand him over? Your government. Whos on a, I quote, "crusade" right now? Your government. So plz give me a break.

Satan works every angle he can to destroy the souls of mankind.

Jesus according to the bible was tempted by satan yet according to your belief, those who voted on the trinity werent tempted by Satan? The fact is nothing can make u sure. What happened to those who didnt believe Jesus was God? They were persecuted.

Your comment regarding the trinity, voting, tempted by Satan ??? doesn't make sense to me.  I don't under the point your are making.   So I can't respond to that.   Persons persecuted for not accepting Jesus is certainly unjustified and not something God ordained and God is against such things.

Read the Quran ull come to realize that there is nothing in the Quran which contradicts the message of the prophets. There is something in the Quran which contradicts the doctrines which came into existance AFTER the prophets thanks to normal human beings of whom u follow till this very day. If a trinity existed which it doesnt, it would have been preached by all the prophets since the very begening and we wouldnt have been having this discussion. Noah peace be upon him would have said "your God is a truine God but one" Moses would have said your God is one and in a trinity but one. Even Jesus would have said o children of Israel the lord your God is one, in a trinity. The prophets woud have preached that your salvation comes in you believing that later on God is going to sacrafice his own son for your sins on a cross. No one ever preached that. All of a sudden we are to believe this while all of this came into existance after all the prophets and after Jesus Christ himself!? Impossible.

The Lord from heaven came into this world to save it.   Do you believe this?    The plan of salvation was not revealed to man's understanding until after the resurrection - because that was God's decision.  That's why even according to the nt, Christianity would agree with you, in part.   Do the prophets over-ride God? 

Peace,

Doug L.

Edited by Douggg
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2007 at 7:21am

Douggg: "The Lord from heaven came into this world to save it. Do you believe this?"

No, I do not believe this but would like to know which Lord came down from the heaven. I have not seen any improvement in this world after the arrival and departure of the "Lord".

Douggg: "The plan of salvation was not revealed to man's understanding until after the resurrection - because that was God's decision.  That's why even according to the nt, Christianity would agree with you, in part.   Do the prophets over-ride God?"

What plan of salvation was revealed by Jesus in his own words?

Edited by bmzsp
Douggg View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2007 at 8:47am
Hi BMZ,

Douggg: "The Lord from heaven came into this world to save it. Do you believe this?"

No, I do not believe this but would like to know which Lord came down from the heaven. I have not seen any improvement in this world after the arrival and departure of the "Lord".

The Lord who created the earth and everything in it. 
1:10  He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
1:11  He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
The world has not improved - true.   It gets more and more evil every day.   Isn't that what the bible says will happen - that the world will be like in the days of Noah - violence running rampant?

Jesus will return to this earth prior to May 15, 2018.   I get that by believing what Jesus said about the generation that sees the budding of the fig tree parable, which occured in May 15, 1948, which also marks the generation of Gog/Magog, and adding 70 years - the maximum length of a generation.   1948+70= 2018.   No later than May 15, 2018, all of the prophecies will be fulfilled regarding the end-times and the return of Jesus.

And by subtracting the 7 years for the last week of Daniel 9's 70 weeks, 2018 - 7years = 2011.    The confirmation of the covenant with many of Daniel 9:26-27 will occure no later than May 15, 2011.

And what I believe is that Gog/Maog will just precede that last week, the seven years, which will begin when the Antichrist arrives in Israel to be unwittingly accepted by the Jews as their messiah.  With the nuclear issue regarding Iran, listed as Persia, in Ezekiel 38 - it appears that Gog/Magog could occure easily before May, 2011.

Here is a easy to read chart of those events that I recently made.   I have 35 years full time study in bible prophecy.  I am 58 years old, btw, born in 1948, the same year that Israel became a nation again.  

Peace,

Doug L.

Edited by Douggg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic