IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - a question for atheists  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a question for atheists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 2:18pm
I refuse to believe that life is pointless.  Anyone with a soul, knows that it isn't.  
Now is it possible that there are people walking the earth that do not have a soul?  Sure... they are the demons....
but a demon wouldn't waste their time with these conversations.  

To be an atheist, you'd have to not have a soul... and if you did not have a soul you would not care about anything... you would be one of the demons... and even the demons believe.

So I don't believe that there is any such thing as a true atheist.

There are only those who deny God, because they find it impossible to accept God, because they want to be their own gods....

which means we would end up with a world full of demi-gods, and false gods, walking around.... a world where there were no rules, and no bounds, because everyone thinks it's ok to be their own god, and of course that would mean something different for everyone.  This is just the type of confusion the enemy of the Creator is working to establish... to turn everyone away from the Creator, so that the creation will destroy itself.

Edited by Caringheart - 29 May 2016 at 2:22pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 2:31am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I refuse to believe that life is pointless.  Anyone with a soul, knows that it isn't.  
Now is it possible that there are people walking the earth that do not have a soul?  Sure... they are the demons....
but a demon wouldn't waste their time with these conversations.  

To be an atheist, you'd have to not have a soul... and if you did not have a soul you would not care about anything... you would be one of the demons... and even the demons believe.

So I don't believe that there is any such thing as a true atheist.

There are only those who deny God, because they find it impossible to accept God, because they want to be their own gods....

which means we would end up with a world full of demi-gods, and false gods, walking around.... a world where there were no rules, and no bounds, because everyone thinks it's ok to be their own god, and of course that would mean something different for everyone.  This is just the type of confusion the enemy of the Creator is working to establish... to turn everyone away from the Creator, so that the creation will destroy itself.

I just don't get why you think life only has meaning if there is some sort of great sky fairy looking over you.

There are lots of rules in the world which we, the people, have made to allow society to work. The best of these are based on ethics.

airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 3:05am
Quote Caringheart:
...This is just the type of confusion the enemy of the Creator is working to establish...
Like it or not, Nature doesn't care about how you look at it.
The world does not change upon you wishing it to be different.

In psychology there is a word for it: 'Repression'.

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 30 May 2016 at 3:25am
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 7:38am
I did already but may be you didn't know how to google for it.

Actually, I tried to open the link you sent me to. Google, I know.

For convenience I give you the link to the most prominent scientific journals: Science and Nature.

But you did not check whether it was workable for everyone. LOL

Typing "evolution" I got 76247 entries in Nature and 38935 in 'Science' (On the 'Science' Homepage, Click on "Research Journals" first).

I am here but there is no header as Research Journals. Did you miss something?

May be, but I better do not even try to imagine which animal you evolved from.

You do not have to because I was evolved from a Man as planned and executed by God Almighty.
Invite [all] to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching;
and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 7:46am
Do you really consider the science of evolution to be false?

Last I heard it was a theory of evolution. And the answer is an emphatic yes! I do not believe the entire creation just happened on its own, without a purpose. That it was just an accident and that there is nothing to look forward to no matter how I have spent this life.

Do you really want to say that all the evidence that shows us how we came to be through the very long history of earth is somehow a plant? A falsified record? That God has planted the fossils?

It may not necessarily be a plant but it is a kind of an alternative suggested by those who do not believe in God for whatever reason. But the evidence against evolution is more acceptable to me than what is for it.
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 8:01am
I do not mind people being religious, but I do mind when religious principles are held up against reality.

Or, what you consider reality! I am jumping in for two reasons. Because you are commenting on religion which you do not believe in. And your reality is presumptious!

In this sense there is absolutely no difference between Islamic and Christian fundamentalism.

The third reason is that Islam and Christianity are vastly different from each other.

Edited by The Saint - 30 May 2016 at 8:02am
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

Do you really consider the science of evolution to be false?

Last I heard it was a theory of evolution. And the answer is an emphatic yes! I do not believe the entire creation just happened on its own, without a purpose. That it was just an accident and that there is nothing to look forward to no matter how I have spent this life.

Do you really want to say that all the evidence that shows us how we came to be through the very long history of earth is somehow a plant? A falsified record? That God has planted the fossils?

It may not necessarily be a plant but it is a kind of an alternative suggested by those who do not believe in God for whatever reason. But the evidence against evolution is more acceptable to me than what is for it.

Please explain what evidence you see as being contradictory to the idea of natural selection.
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

I do not mind people being religious, but I do mind when religious principles are held up against reality.

Or, what you consider reality! I am jumping in for two reasons. Because you are commenting on religion which you do not believe in. And your reality is presumptious!

In this sense there is absolutely no difference between Islamic and Christian fundamentalism.

The third reason is that Islam and Christianity are vastly different from each other.

Reality is not only presumptious but the only truth.

Everything else is fiction. No matter how much you want it to be true.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
  Share Topic