IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Flat Earth and the Geocentric Universe  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flat Earth and the Geocentric Universe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2014 at 4:15am
Abu Loren
Quote You can laugh all you want as an unbeliever, but what's your best argument? None.

Not true !
Here's one: Eartlike Planets. This is sure just the beginning, since we are just about to develop the necessary instrumentation to find [much] more earth-like planets in the near future.

And what is your best argument ? The Quran, wow !

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 14 June 2014 at 4:45am
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2014 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

I don't know who Eric Dubay is nor do I care.

LOL You don't know?  He's the guy you quoted.  You don't care?  He's the guy you think should receive the Nobel Prize for that sentence.

Quote With all of your scientific advances (which is not much) you scientific types still haven't found an earth like planet. I 'll tell you the reason why that is. It's because you will never find one because this planet we live is unique.

There are billions of earth-like planets in our galaxy alone -- which is just one of billions of other galaxies.  They are extremely difficult to find, but see below.

Quote You can laugh all you want as an unbeliever, but what's your best argument? None.

No, our best argument is based on the data from the Kepler telescope, as explained in the above link.  Your best argument, by contrast, is a collection of uncorroborated stories told by a guy more than a thousand years ago.

Quote Find me an earth like planet with water then we can talk.

Our best example so far is Kepler-186f, but we will be processing the Kepler data for years to come, so no doubt there will be many others.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2014 at 3:37am
I bet you guys with everything that I have (which isn't much) that you will NEVER find an earth like planet with flowing water and life. The reason? Because we are special and Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala made it that way. :)

Keep reading those science books those *****s the professors wrote and you will certainly live in hope.

Let's not beat around the bush, there is only ONE planet in the universe with life and that planet is the one you are living in.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2014 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by schmikbob schmikbob wrote:

Welcome, everyone, to Abu Loren's world where the planet is flat, gravity does not exist and large waves that kill people never occur.

Abu Loren, saying that finding life outside our Solar System is "hard" is like saying nothing so maybe just stick with the nothing.

If you have your science text book under your arm then you might find this video shocking! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd4VHcFY1Vg
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2014 at 1:43pm

I bet you guys with everything that I have (which isn't much) that you will NEVER find an earth like planet with flowing water and life. The reason? Because we are special and Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala made it that way. :)

So why do you suppose Allah made all those quintillions of planets, and then only put life on a single one?  Seems like such a waste...

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2014 at 2:15pm

If you have your science text book under your arm then you might find this video shocking! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd4VHcFY1Vg

More likely I would find it a total waste of time.  I generally don't bother with YouTube links.  Why should I watch this one?  What's it about?
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2014 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

So why do you suppose Allah made all those quintillions of planets, and then only put life on a single one?  Seems like such a waste...

My answer is going to shock you so hold on to your hats and quickly go and grab your science books written by all those eediots all those years ago.

There isn't quintillions of planets. There is just one planet in the universe and that one is the one you are now living in. Created by Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala maker of heavens and the earth, He created it for human beings, jinn and all the other life forms to live in. By the way do a search in the Qur'an for "all living things are made from water".

The planets as we know them today we inherited them from pagan Greeks and Romans whom made these planets their gods.

Wait just a minute! I can hear you say. What about all those sightings from telescopes and all those pictures of planets?

Well the nearest "evidence" you have of these planets are when you look at the sun and something passes in front of it. So you say it must be planets. Wrong. They are just huge asteroids left over from the asteroid belt or rather 'strayed' over from their original trajectory.

As for the pictures, they are the result of of the greatest CGI images made in human history from those *****s at NASA. They the master deceivers who are working with satan to facilitate the impending arrival of Ad Dajjal or the Anti-Christ.

Still laughing? Good.

So where can one find the truth?

From the scriptures sent down to mankind from our Creator who knows.
Both in the Bible and in the Qur'an there are mention of earth. sun. moon and stars but NO planets. Why not? Because they do not exist. Why do we or anybody need other planets? There is life only on this planet outside of heaven. And only the angels live there presently, and everything else lives right here on planet earth.

The stars by the way are not other suns similar to ours but very very far away. Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala tells us in the Qur'an that He made the stars as adornment for us and to use them as a point of direction when travelling.
Let me go even further by saying that there are no galaxies no quasars, no pulsars and no other invented rubbish that we are forced to believe in by the deceivers.

So when you filter it down the Universe looks like this.

There is the earth right smack in the middle with the sun, the moon and the stars orbiting the earth. That's it! That's our Universe.

The only thing I can't tell you is how large the Universe is.

All thanks and praise to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala Lord of the worlds who made the heavens and the earth.

Allahu Akbar!

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2014 at 5:35pm

By the way do a search in the Qur'an for "all living things are made from water".

Been there, done that.  The only remarkable thing is that anyone would find such a statement remarkable.  Muhammad lived in a desert, for goodness' sake!  Of course he knew how important water is to life!

Quote Wait just a minute! I can hear you say. What about all those sightings from telescopes and all those pictures of planets?

Well the nearest "evidence" you have of these planets are when you look at the sun and something passes in front of it.

No, the nearest evidence of planets is when I look up at the sky at night and I see them.  I've been fascinated by the planets, and observing them with my own eyes, since I was a kid.

Quote So you say it must be planets. Wrong. They are just huge asteroids left over from the asteroid belt or rather 'strayed' over from their original trajectory.

What is the difference between a huge asteroid and a planet?

Quote As for the pictures, they are the result of of the greatest CGI images made in human history from those *****s at NASA. They the master deceivers who are working with satan to facilitate the impending arrival of Ad Dajjal or the Anti-Christ.

NASA???

For a few hundred dollars you can buy your own telescope and see the planets for yourself.  Or contact the Dubai Astronomy Group, and I'm sure someone will he happy to let you look through their telescope.  We've been able to see good images of the planets for hundreds of years.  We've studied them and calculated their orbits with great precision long before NASA existed.

Quote So where can one find the truth?

From the scriptures sent down to mankind from our Creator who knows.

How do you know that the scriptures are the truth?

Quote The stars by the way are not other suns similar to ours but very very far away. Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala tells us in the Qur'an that He made the stars as adornment for us and to use them as a point of direction when travelling.

Which is ridiculous because most of the stars are not even visible to the naked eye.

Quote Let me go even further by saying that there are no galaxies no quasars, no pulsars and no other invented rubbish that we are forced to believe in by the deceivers.

Again, get yourself a decent telescope and you can see plenty of galaxies for yourself. The Magellanic Clouds are galaxies that you can see with the naked eye.  Unfortunately Sharjah is still a bit too far north to see them, but if you ever get a chance to travel even a few hundred miles south they should be visible on the horizon under good conditions.

Quasars and pulsars are more esoteric, and you won't be able to observe them for yourself.  But honestly, why would anybody make them up?  The existence of quasars and pulsars in no way conflicts with Islam or any othe religion as far as I know.  Are you just inventing conspiracies for their own sake?

Quote So when you filter it down the Universe looks like this.
There is the earth right smack in the middle with the sun, the moon and the stars orbiting the earth. That's it! That's our Universe.

If you watch Venus for a couple of years, you can actually see it orbiting the sun.  It's never more than about 45 degrees away from it, and it moves back and forth from one side to the other.  Just like it's orbiting it.

You like to talk about "deceivers".  Let me suggest to you that if the planets don't orbit the sun, then Allah must be the greatest master deceiver of them all, to have designed a solar system where the planets look exactly like they do, and whose positions can be calculated to within a tiny fraction of a degree by assuming that they do.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
  Share Topic