IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why believe in Islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why believe in Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2007 at 7:16am
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

My friend, everyone knows "ghost" and "spirit" are the same.  There's nothing spooky about either.  Not unless you just enjoy trying to scare the bejeebers out of somebody.

what like those night tours at haunted places  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 6:05am
From Amah: Where did you you get this from??

I got the news from my country and the pastor who is my colleague confided to me that he receives special guest (almost every week) who requested to be baptised in his church. These 2% Muslims have started to embrace other religion since 9/11. One of my colleague(Zakri) that I know have embraced Christian because of believing that Islam teaches terrorism as what Osama did. What he didn't understand is that Osama is cultist. Zakri is attending the Christian church every sunday morning but still carries his muslim name. Another saddest thing is that the most latest trend is about using Islam as the foundation to swindle money from those gullible student who wants to learn about Islam. My point is Muslims around the world, need to be alert about cultist who misinterprets the teaching of true Islam.

Edited by pauline35
pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 6:20am
BMZSP : Patty ain't gonna like what you said in the last sentence.

Ooops! I didn't mean it.

Edited by pauline35
pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 7:29am
Angel : what like those night tours at haunted places!

Pauline would like share one moment of truth from one of my close gal friends. She started to see things like spirits when she was eight. I guess she inherited from her mum.

One day whilst on her way home in a van, the driver was talking about ghost story whilst passing the cemetery. There were three people in the van, the driver, my friend and another acquaintance. The driver got excited telling too many ghost story to my friend. My friend then said, "You better stop talking about ghost cos there is one now sitting behind me."

The driver pulled emergency break and got out of the van and ran as fast as he could.

My friend was amazed he could run that fast. She went out to get him back and luckily he came back because that area was the cemetery land. The only safe way out is to drive out of that area.

Spooky huh!
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 5:27am
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2007 at 1:06am

if islam is really a religion created by satan to lead people away from worshipping christ, then its ironic that his followers "seek refuge in Allah from Satan, the rejected one."

when muslims perfom salaah, before we read the surahs, we say "aaoozubillahi minashaitanirajeem" :( i seek refuge in Allah from satan the rejected one.) then we say "bismillahir rahmannir rahim" ( in the name if Allah most beneficient, most merciful).

to me, this is proof enough that Islam cannot be a religion created by satan. every day muslims seek protection in Allah from Satan. how does this help satans course and how does this amount to worshipping satan? unless satan feels worshipped by the fact that he is cursed daily by muslims all over the world. maybe thats how they worship him in reverse. by cursing him, they actually worshipping him.

whoever came up with that idea of Islam being satans religion is truly misguided. wanaoozubillah.

Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 5:23am
Originally posted by rookaiya rookaiya wrote:

whoever came up with that idea of Islam being satans religion is truly misguided. wanaoozubillah.

No religion is innocent. Doesn't the Quran imply that polytheists who have their own religion are led by the Devil?

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 5:49am
where in the Quran is that stated?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic