IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tolerance  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tolerance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Epsilon View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epsilon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2009 at 11:43pm
Dear Forum members,
                                       This is my first outing on this forum. I am now retired and now have the time to try and understand matters that previously I had no time to pursue. My personal experiences of religion from childhood on have been very negative. As a consequence, after long and intense deliberations, I came to the conclusion that all religion is man-made and that I would seek truth rather than God. I am not intending to be confronting, just being open about my own beliefs.

I am very concerned about the future of the world if mankind cannot find a way for Muslims to be at peace with the rest of humanity. I have read the Quran, and other books about the history of Islam. As an unbeliever in any gods, I find that there are growing numbers of people like me who are more tolerant of others than people from any religion. I do not want to harm, insult, or make war on anyone; and I try to make the world a better place for all.

I am therefore made uneasy by all the vilification that the Quran heaps on unbelievers. I have many other misgivings about what the Quran prescribes, but the question of most concern to me is whether it is at all possible that Islam can co-exist with unbelievers, and acknowledge their right to unbelief. We are not a religion that threatens anyone on behalf of any god, we only want peace and to be allowed to live by the golden rule that predates all religions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic