IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islaam for a Buddhist  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islaam for a Buddhist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varshaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 10:35am
Hi Mr. Shakur!!!!!

Thank you for giving me the website.:)

Varshaken, the Samurai.
saalih View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saalih Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2005 at 12:34pm
your welcome
varshaken View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varshaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 10:42am
Hi Mr. Tasneem, Mr. Shakur and all!!!!!!!!

I have read short chapters of Koran and have some doubts regarding some versus. Please reply me finding time.

The following versus say that only Moslems are fit for heaven.
"3:19 : Surely the (true) religion with Allah is Islam, and those to whom the Book had been given did not show opposition but after knowledge had come to them, out of envy among themselves; and whoever disbelieves in the communications of Allah then surely Allah is quick in reckoning.
"3:85 : And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers."

Though Mr. Tasneem has said to Mr. Kim,"God does not deny anyone their reward for any good that they have done and they receive that reward in this life. If after the message has come to them and they deny it and persist in their disbelief in His Unity and continue to associate partners with Him He does not forgive them."

But the above versus, Allaah clearly says that religion other than Islaam are not be accepted. They are confusing. What does those mean?

And the following versus,
"56:8 : Then (there will be) the Companions of the Right Hand;- What will be the Companions of the Right Hand?"
"56:9 : And the Companions of the Left Hand,- what will be the Companions of the Left Hand?"
"70:37 : On the right hand and on the left, in sundry parties?"

What do the above versus mean? I mean, whose right hand and left hand?

Thanking you,

Varshaken, the Samurai.
Tasneem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasneem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 9:14pm

Hello Mr Varshaken

"Islam" means submission or surrender to the ONE & ONLY GOD. From this you cannot infer "that only Muslims are fit for heaven". A person who truly believes in his/her heart that there is only One God, will hasten to obey God and to seek His love and His forgiveness. Believing in the ONE and Only true God does not mean simply saying that one believes in the One God, it also means that he/she would obey His commands which are in the Qur'an the speech of God. The message of Islam - meaning submission, was the same message that was brought to mankind by all the Messengers of God. As I have written in one of my earlier posts this Message (of God's oneness) was not adhered to by the populations to which this Message came. It was changed wherein they associated partners with God thereby falsifying the essence of the Message. Islam is the only religion that professes the unity of God. Many other religions also claim that they believe in only one God but a closer inspection reveals too many gods/dieties etc are worshipped too in order to reach the one God, which is prohibited in Islam. In Christianity too Jesus is regarded as God/son of God and is worshipped and this is not acceptable in Islam.

A Muslim in the true sense of the word is one who has surrendered to God which encompasses not mere belief but also obeying His commands, His Apostle, belief in the angels and belief in the hereafter. A person simply by virtue of hs birth as a Muslim does not become a Muslim unless he believes in God's oneness and obeys His commands.

Regarding my post that you have quoted let me explain again. Allah has said in the Qur'an that everyone will be rewarded for whatever good they have done and also for their evil deeds. There will be no injustice done to anyone. He has also promised that He will forgive all sins for those who sincerely repent and ask his forgiveness EXCEPT ONE and that is if they associate any partners with GOD. So people who have heard the truth about the Message of Islam continue to persist in their disbelief and associate partners with God they will not be forgiven in the hereafter and for whatever good they have done they will receive their reward in this life. For the true believers the reward could be in this life and God willing in the hereafter. I hope this explains it.

God willing, i shall get back to you about the second part of your question.

Edited by Tasneem
muratkose View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muratkose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 12:21am

Hello Varshaken!

1- Islam is the name of massage from Allah to human being throug Noah and Muhammad PBUH. So, Muhammad PBUH is not the only prophet of Islam, he is the last prophet of Islam. If you think that everything like planets, animals, plants, mountains etc are muslims, you can make it more clear.

2- Our prophet says that in the judgment day the ones who've earned the heaven will be on the right side of the judgement place. The ones who will go to hell will ve on the left side. ( righteousness)

varshaken View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varshaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 9:19am
Hi Mr. Tasneem!!!!!

Thank you for replying. Now I understand why there is so much of militancy in the name of "Islaam". Instead of looking at the meaning, they were looking at the word.:)
Thank you.:)

Though Mr. Muratkose has answered my second question, I still dont understand it.

You said,"As for those communities who have never come in contact with the true Message or for that matter children or infants who die young, I would assume that God would not punish them. He is the Best dispenser of justice and is the Most Compassionate and Merciful."

I was thinking over this and found a silly argument. If Allaah does not punish people who die very young, then it would be even better if no one is born. I mean, if we control birth, then there will be no one left after some years. This way we can find less people in Heaven or hell. This is really silly argument, but not out of question.

Another thing, God is omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent. So He knows everything, the past, the present, the future. So He knows that some non-believers and idolators will deny Him. Then what is the point in giving a choice of submitting to Him or not? He exactly knows whether who will go to Heaven and who will go to hell now itself. He knew it before he started Creation. I dont find any point in creating us as He knows well that some of us will not believe.

These may be silly questions. But please bear with me. May be I have missed some important points.

If you find time, please answer me.

Thanking you,

Varshaken, the Samurai.
varshaken View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varshaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 9:23am
Hi Mr. Muratkose!!!!

Thanks for answering me.

Can you be a little elaborate regarding the second answer.

When I read the versus, I started speculating about the Day. At the extreme right there will be our Prophets, then the believers and then at last the non-believers. But then, got another problem, Prophets should be the foremost. I could not explain myself and so I asked the question in the forum.

Anyway, thanks for answering my questions.:)

Thanking you,

Everthankful,
Varshaken, the Samurai.
Tasneem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasneem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 7:04pm

Mr Varshaken

I still have to find the answer to the second part of your first question and I have'nt found the time to, but I will look up and let you know God willing, otherwise perhaps Mr Shakur or Mr Muratkose may provide the answer before me.

I have a little time now and I found your questions very reasonable and something many of us ask when we are learning about Islam. About my answer that you have quoted, let us never forget that God is the best dispenser of justice. Why would He punish an infant or anyone who has not come in contact with the true message? But why are they sent on earth? Allah knows best, everyone is sent for a purpose. He accomplishes that purpose in whatever way He wants. This is beyond our knowledge and what is beyond our knowledge it is best not to speculate over it. As you continue to read the Qur'an you will perhaps be able to understand more about this when you read the Sura on the Cave and also Yusuf.

About your second last para Allah has given everyone of us a mind and a choice which He has not granted to any other living creature to the same extent as He has granted to the human mind. It is left to us to exercise this mind in thinking, pondering and following the right path. Most of us get too engrossed in the glitter of this world and we fear man more than anyone else. But we know from the Qur'an that this life is not the be all and end all and to Allah is our return. If we do not exercise our mind properly then it is our own loss. IN Islam we do not believe in pre-destination. This world is a test ground for each one of us and we are given the choice to follow path A or path B. In the Qur'an it has been clearly mentioned that we are going to be held accountable for all our deeds. Allah has said that no one knows the exact moment when and where the rain is going to fall, the future of the baby that is in its mother's womb, where we are going to die and when, however, where the life hereafter is concerned He has given us the choice to work towards it.

Also Allah has said in the Qur'an that whatever good we get it is from Allah and whatever evil befalls us it is from our ownselves. So to prevent the bad Allah has given us the choice to obey Him, to follow His commands, to fear Him, to repent and seek His forgiveness.

Edited by Tasneem
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic