IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why believe in Islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why believe in Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 4:11am
To Sign*Reader: That is 3 faces god. The Thai Buddhist believe in four faces god.

To Arab:Islam allows to go to war in self defence and going to war in self defence is better than sixty years of night prayer...

Thanks for your contribution. I took it from a book by Peter Bergen, a freelance journalist who authored THE OSAME BIN LADEN I KNOW.

If the above hadith was read "TO STAND ONE HOUR IN THE BATTLE LINE in self-defence IN THE CAUSE OF ALLAH IS BETTER THAN SIXTY YEARS OF NIGHT PRAYER", Osama would have not used it to go to war. I understand he formed a cult that teaches unIslamic protocol. Unfortunately, the world is deceived by this interpretation. If we have any Iman here, please do something to correct it. Never too late to correct Osama that what he did is unislamic.

My interpretation is quite different as I see it read as : TO STAND ONE HOUR IN doing charity (THE BATTLE LINE) FOR THE CAUSE OF ALLAH receives better blessing(IS BETTER) THAN SIXTY YEARS OF NIGHT PRAYER.

Only 2% of the world's population understood what Osama did was not islamic. Every now and then, those Muslims who were not aware of the misinterpreted hadith have gone to church asking to be baptised for they do not want to be Muslim anymore. The church asked them to go back to Iman seeking approval.

My country is facing this problem now. I know two Muslims had embraced Christinity, one still carries his muslim name but the other one has become LENA JOY who married a pastor.

Edited by pauline35
pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 4:32am
Brother BMZ asked : Do you think that trinity falls under an "operating system" designed to accomodate God, son and the holy ghost, by the ancient church fathers of the fellow Christians?

I think it is about a family not an operating system. It is probably designed to inspire the followers to cherish a decent family. Holy ghost sounds very angelic. It serves as a reminder for the followers to remember god so to be protected by god's servant, perhaps the holy ghost.

When the church chant, father and son and holy ghost, I freaked out. I would prefer to hear Holy Spirit than Holy GHOST. Spooky! Anyway, I am no longer a Catholic neither a Muslim.

Edited by pauline35
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 5:38am

pauline35

Only 2% of the world's population understood what Osama did was not islamic

Every now and then, those Muslims who were not aware of the misinterpreted hadith have gone to church asking to be baptised for they do not want to be Muslim anymore.

Where did you you get this from??

Edited by amah
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 11:21am

The Title Reads: "Why believe in Islam?"

I've been reading several books on the author Ibn Waraaq who, wrote the famous book "Why I am not Muslim" which was also followed by several books he edited. One called "The historical Muhammad" and the other which escapes my memory at this second is abouyt the Qur'an. It is quite interesting to hear (or in my case read) about how Islam is "this and that." In his new book "Leaving Islam" was quite funny......

So whats the point?

The reason why I chose Islam originally because, spiritually I felt close to its principles crystallized in the Qur'an. Logically it made sense to me and even atheist would argue that even if they denied its theology any young religion would be closer to modern thought. Because Islam contains a lot of modern thought it find itself agreeable to modernist like myself.

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2007 at 6:54pm

Israfil,

"The reason why I chose Islam originally because, spiritually I felt close to its principles crystallized in the Qur'an. Logically it made sense to me and even atheist would argue that even if they denied its theology any young religion would be closer to modern thought. Because Islam contains a lot of modern thought it find itself agreeable to modernist like myself."

Well-said.

Best Regards

BMZ 

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2007 at 6:57pm

Originally posted by pauline35 pauline35 wrote:

Brother BMZ asked : Do you think that trinity falls under an "operating system" designed to accomodate God, son and the holy ghost, by the ancient church fathers of the fellow Christians?

I think it is about a family not an operating system. It is probably designed to inspire the followers to cherish a decent family. Holy ghost sounds very angelic. It serves as a reminder for the followers to remember god so to be protected by god's servant, perhaps the holy ghost.

When the church chant, father and son and holy ghost, I freaked out. I would prefer to hear Holy Spirit than Holy GHOST. Spooky! Anyway, I am no longer a Catholic neither a Muslim.

That is why they changed the translation from Holy Ghost to the Holy Spirit, which does not scare or frighten anyone.

Patty ain't gonna like what you said in the last sentence.

Edited by bmzsp
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 7:55am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

Originally posted by pauline35 pauline35 wrote:

That is why they changed the translation from Holy Ghost to the Holy Spirit, which does not scare or frighten anyone.

Patty ain't gonna like what you said in the last sentence.

From my end Catholics and the church say Holy Spirit  I have always known it to be that way I say it that way, its more natural to me that way and when i heard from others say ghost its like huh? but i guess some people say it that way

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 8:52pm

From BMZ:

"Patty ain't gonna like what you said in the last sentence."  

Well, no I'm not happy with it (you little rascal, you).  But I feel badly when I hear or read of anyone who has lost their faith for whatever reason.  Many times we as humans tend to take a "swerve" until we find our way again.  I did for a long time.  Many of my friends did too.  But eventually we got a tap on the shoulder from God saying "come home, I love you and welcome you back."  If we listen, I think He says this to all of us at certain times in our lives. 

You're really a fun person, BMZ.  I love discussing with you because you have one of the kindest, sweetest personalities I've ever encountered.  God/Allah truly blessed you with a wonderful manner of conversing with people!

Then BMZ said:

"That is why they changed the translation from Holy Ghost to the Holy Spirit, which does not scare or frighten anyone."

My friend, everyone knows "ghost" and "spirit" are the same.  There's nothing spooky about either.  Not unless you just enjoy trying to scare the bejeebers out of somebody.

Have a good night, BMZ!

Edited by Patty
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
  Share Topic