IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why building a mosque near "ground zero" is bad  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why building a mosque near "ground zero" is bad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 55>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 11:06am
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

SignReader thanks for the link but I have a few questions.
My pleasure!
1) who then started the rumor a mosque would be built?
I think if election of Obama and complete dispossession WASP from the political corridors of the nation doesn't give people a clue about the the change in the US nothing would! Do I need to detail thatWink  The country is gone through almost a revolution that is unacceptable to the swept by this sea-change!
There is no need of rumor if the center's preliminary plans submitted to the city had thirteen floors and a floor has the mosque/prayer faculties, it is part of American Muslim life style....Is it illegal under the law? The ignorant phobia mongers oppose every mosque every whether it is Twin Tower area or clear across the country in California boonies ( see my other thread Temecula Valley Bigots) The Muslims are new nxxxrs of the land and they will have to learn to work with rest of targeted groups and they will do it when they are hit really hard and things get to the high courts!

2) If this project is meant to service the religious and non religious community why aren't there other leaders speaking with this gentleman.
Jim Wallis' group has done that ... what else one wants? You can't satisfy these bigots no matter what except follow the legal recourse where the bigots don't have prayer I think!

3) if this project is funded by non muslims why aren't they speaking on his behalf?
Mayor Bloomberg has and he is Jewish!

Hi GIbbs,
I have read that it's the Saudi muslims that are financing the majority of funds and not the American Muslims. Wouldn't it have been a better idea for the American Muslims to cough up the dough?

martha
I am not sure this is Saudi funded project unless it is illegal you have no business pointing fingers ...

IMO the Saudis stopped most of their funding after 911...BUT one can do the pointing about others say Catholic church system that is  controlled and funded from Vatican! The Bush Sr library took lot of funds from MEWink
Did you see Faisel's press conference video? He clearly says it is not a Mosque why don't you believe him?
The American Muslims have coughed up lots of dough to do that it is smart thing to do that for the well off otherwise US will take a bigger bite out of their earnings!
I think it will be an interesting drama come November midterm to see these hypocritical pols!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 23 July 2010 at 11:17pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 6:23pm
Thanks SignReader that was an informative response. I will give mines later.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2010 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Salams Blackflag,

Personally I would prefer it  FIRST if Islamic sects didn't kill eachother. The Ahmadis attack in Pakistan show how fragile relations are between muslims. People might say it was a political motive..but sunnis consider them heretics. Here in the UK the Ahmadis are kicked out of sunni restaurants and businesses. I don't see it as being a good example to show non-muslims.
So, when muslims are united I would feel we are getting somewhere.

As regarding Christians I post the following:-
In a famous letter to all Christian nations, Muhammad wrote, "Christians are my citizens; and by God! I hold out against anything that displeases them." The fact that Muhammad formalized this expectation in writing demonstrates its immense importance. He concluded the letter with a firm reminder, "No one of the nation of Muslims is to disobey this covenant till the end of the world."

Please refrain from posting any thing from the Ahmedi perspectives...They have long history of nefarious activities as far the treason of the faith is concerned ...Thanks...I think we have been on that discussion in the past if my failing memory serves me right!Sleepy I haven't had my tea yet!

Hmm, maybe the discussions on the Ahmedi's were before my time. Anyway, not quite sure what the issue is there, but sure ,we'll move on.

Smile

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2010 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

SignReader thanks for the link but I have a few questions.
My pleasure!
1) who then started the rumor a mosque would be built?
I think if election of Obama and complete dispossession WASP from the political corridors of the nation doesn't give people a clue about the the change in the US nothing would! Do I need to detail thatWink  The country is gone through almost a revolution that is unacceptable to the swept by this sea-change!
There is no need of rumor if the center's preliminary plans submitted to the city had thirteen floors and a floor has the mosque/prayer faculties, it is part of American Muslim life style....Is it illegal under the law? The ignorant phobia mongers oppose every mosque every whether it is Twin Tower area or clear across the country in California boonies ( see my other thread Temecula Valley Bigots) The Muslims are new nxxxrs of the land and they will have to learn to work with rest of targeted groups and they will do it when they are hit really hard and things get to the high courts!

2) If this project is meant to service the religious and non religious community why aren't there other leaders speaking with this gentleman.
Jim Wallis' group has done that ... what else one wants? You can't satisfy these bigots no matter what except follow the legal recourse where the bigots don't have prayer I think!

3) if this project is funded by non muslims why aren't they speaking on his behalf?
Mayor Bloomberg has and he is Jewish!

Hi GIbbs,
I have read that it's the Saudi muslims that are financing the majority of funds and not the American Muslims. Wouldn't it have been a better idea for the American Muslims to cough up the dough?

martha
I am not sure this is Saudi funded project unless it is illegal you have no business pointing fingers ...

IMO the Saudis stopped most of their funding after 911...BUT one can do the pointing about others say Catholic church system that is  controlled and funded from Vatican! The Bush Sr library took lot of funds from MEWink
Did you see Faisel's press conference video? He clearly says it is not a Mosque why don't you believe him?
The American Muslims have coughed up lots of dough to do that it is smart thing to do that for the well off otherwise US will take a bigger bite out of their earnings!
I think it will be an interesting drama come November midterm to see these hypocritical pols!

Erm, again not sure of your response andwhy you think I am pointing fingers. I had  read it and was passing it on. Though perhaps for the Americans it would look better for American muslims to fund it.? They might prefer it that way? No-idea. Get your point about American Muslims already having paid out tho. BUt not seeing it in that sense tbh

Er, I haven't seen fais post anything here, and looking at my posts I have only refered once to this building as a mosque/culteral centre.  Hmm, you got me there Sign*
Confused

martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2010 at 10:21am
[QUOTE=Nur_Ilahi]
Dear Martha,

Nur, it is also your responsibility to get ALL the facts. Seek knowledge. As a muslim I am only interested in the truth regardless of who committed this atrocity. 
Martha, one of the signs of the end times according to the Hadiths of Rasulullah (I know you do not believe in Hadiths) is that the world would be full of Fitnahs. Fitnahs as in Lies, slander, dishonesty, falsehood, Imposters, Untruths and the likes. How True our Dear Rasulullah was. The Satanic leaders of the world did a good job in slandering Islam when they carried out 911.  Islam the religion of Peace and Truth being slandered, being smeared so that human being would fear Islam like a plague. That is the TRUTH.
 The signs of the times are applicable in all religions, so I do understand what they are. Even if I don't follow hadiths the truth of the Quran still remains. And people can scorn, but a muslim is a muslim and there are plenty of them that DON'T follow hadiths and also DON'T follow the Rashad Khalifa. There are bad leaders everywhere, it isn't just assigned to Christians. We just have to spot themthats all.
I have my own reasons for not following hadiths. And I don;t think it would be right for me to explain them here. BUt the Quran is true.

Read my sentence again. I said thoughts are not ALWAYS truths. I still consider myself right about hijab. 
I have no problem if you do not want to don hijab. It is a personal choice. But to censure this wise law of Allah based on your ignorance, is too much for me. Putting this Islamic law in a very bad light. You know what made me came back to post? Your reply in the thread Hijab. It is soo.. not right.
I have also said many times that I have no problem with who wears hijab. I said it is not right for me. So that is that. Where have I said to censure the hijab? No, I have not and would not.
ANd it is NOT due to lack of belief before you suggest it is. I So you consider yourself right. That;s your perrogative.

I didn't say it was a sin. As always you love to twist words around.
If I am wrong, show me the reasons why I am wrong. I love to read between the lines especially your posts. I find some very misleading in regards to faith in Islam.
 I have no reason to prove you wrong on anything. It is you that wants to. I just post here cos I like to discuss. ANd it is healthy to discuss and we are encouraged to.
NO. What you SHOULD have said is it reflects my faith in MUSLIMS. There is a huge difference.  And what material do you rely on re: this atrocity?
If the atrocity was clearly carried out by Muslims, then by all means you should condemn the Muslims. But the atrocities were carried out by the DAJJAL WORSHIPPING ZIONISTS. Don't tell me, after 9 years you are still in the dark about that? I thought you are smarter than that.
 Nope, I don;t judge so easily and I haven't seen all the proof. THere are millions of sites to go through. And I am sure if there was definitive proof I would have heard a bout it. All I see are conspiracy theories,(which I love) but that isn;t what we are talking about. Tell me your source and save me time so I can read it. Then we can discuss afterwards.
Yep! Glad you accept you are a stonehead . Pass me the hammer please
You remind me of  'brother' Izrafil. I loved to spar words with him. I wonder where he is now.
Hmm, heard he was banned. Sparring is good sometimes. Othertimes it gets tedious. Think we know eachother well enough to know the what response is coming. Actually Israfil was ok.

Edited by martha - 26 July 2010 at 11:45am
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2010 at 1:43pm
Er, I haven't seen fais post anything here, and looking at my posts I have only refered once to this building as a mosque/culteral centre.  Hmm, you got me there Sign*

martha:
Not our member fais but the man in charge of the Cordoba Intuitive's Sheikh Feisal or Imam Feisel/Faisel what ever you prefer... the link I provided is on page 2 " this is not a mosque"!
 WE are here to edify, inform, learn and strengthen each others faith and respond the phobics gutter sniping... no intention getting anyone. I am too old for that... LOL
Another thing most people here are not aware that POTUS MO is community organizing for his base and my understanding is that it is the way his handlers are running this country of zombies!
So far 911 is concerned there should have been a trial of all accused by now, for people to see all the evidence in broad day light! Why that hasn't happened? It has been almost a decade!
Talk about mosques the bigots are opposing them everywhere, while they have no constitutional/legal basis just the z'nist Christians bigotry more than the Jews themselves!
There some decent law abiding Americans who really are up in the arms:
Read the numbers of the letters to the editor to Los Angeles Times under
Keeping the faith...It seems the mosques are the concern of the crusading war mongers inside and out!
BTW they are going nowhere fast after nine years of high tech war against a ragtag army without shoes and in process the American economy with high unemployment  is the main victim and so are the people who are too indoctrinated into a blatant lie ...
They are spending their kids inheritance or livelihood or both while opposing the construction of mosque...How dumb?
They are handing the world leadership to China on a golden platter!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 07 August 2010 at 1:05pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2010 at 12:14pm
Sign*

Thanks for straightening me out Thumbs%20Up

I agree with your post Thumbs%20Up 

I read your link about keeping the faith. It was good.

You know people often say muslim women for example are oppressed.BUt if all mosques or cultural centres are opposed then that is oppressing muslims. As is banning the hijab/burka etc. MUslims will be oppressed if these things happen.

My  concern has only ever been  how ALL people can intergrate irrespective of religions and cultures. Generally there are not enough people globally prepared to sit around the table and talk. Everyone everywhere demands this and that without considering others sufficiently. That includes wars, the economy, pretty much any topic you care to pick, including the building of this cultural centre. 

Understanding must come from all without pressure before hand. That takes time.

Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2010 at 9:47pm
Dear Martha,

The Quran is from Allah thru Prophet Muhammad. Hadiths are the actions and sayings of Rasululluh. Without Rasulullah there would not be the Quran. Many of the Hadiths are explanations or clarifications for the intricate meaning of the Quran. Without Prophet Muhammad salallahualaihiwassalam, we would not be able to discover the beauty and secrets that could be found in the Quran. As I mentioned earlier, to be a Muslim we have to recite the Shahadah. The first half is the negation of all other Gods but Allah who is worthy of being worshipped and the other half is accepting Muhammad as the Prophet and messenger of Allah. Rejecting hadiths is like rejecting the other half of the Shahadah.

I care less whether you don the hijab or not, but you were insinuating that by putting the hijab, you were endangering your life and family. As if the fault lies with this beautiful law of Allah. The problem clearly is not the hijab but the society you are living with.  

There are many websites that investigated the truth behind 911. And many of these originate from the US as well as many other western countries. It is a conspiracy plan against Islam and subjugating all humankind to slavery.
I am quite surprised that you are unaware of this conspiracy theory. From my experience debating on-line, those who have no love towards Islam would believe that 911 was carried out by Muslims.

As to Israfil, hmh... I will open up a thread about him once I got all the info.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 55>
  Share Topic