IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mohammad & Wives  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mohammad & Wives

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2007 at 11:22pm

Bismillah..

Senekerk,

It is natural to have doubts at this stage, shaitan is working overtime after you. But you need to cast aside these doubts and concentrate on the bigger things. Say "aoozobillahi minash shaitanir rajeem". (I seek refuge in Allah from satan the rejected)

My brothers have explained so well to you that I have nothing to add. Keep reading quran (translation) and keep reading books on islam. MAy Allah help you find the true path.

wassalaam. 

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 1:19am

I think senekerk is sincere in her questions  let her clear her doubts now better then having them latter and or forgetting about them and having them affect her uncontiouse mind. Senekerk, what you are having trouble with is what also many Muslims have troubles with. Not the prophets marriage, but understanding him. You see, at times he would behave as a normal human being, he gets married, he has conflicts with his wives and they make up etc. At times he would behave as a prophet, at times as a friend. We have to be able to understand these different parts of his life. For example, a conflict happened between two Muslims Al Zubair and another guy may Allah be pleased with them. So they went to the prophet for him to judge between them, and he told Zubair that it would be better for you if you did so and so. Zubair understood the different parts the prophet had so he asked him "is this an advice from a friend or is this the ruling of a prophet"? And the prophet said "no its an advice from a friend".

He had different parts of his life, and we have to know how to differ between them. For example, since he was a prophet and it would be better for us to imitate hm since he is our role model, should we also eat all that he ate and sleep like he slept etc. No these are personal things these are parts of his normal life as a human being we dont have to immitate them. So you have to be able to understand that he was a normal human being like us he used to get happy and get sad and laugh and joke and so on. If he didnt have these human urges that he had we would have said "well then how are we supposed to take him as a role model he didnt even have the urges we had". U know? So he was like us, but divinely inspired. A man, a ruler, a father, a husband, a friend, a prosecuted man, a politician, a negotiator, a single guy, a Prophet, a religious leader, a general, everything so that we would take him as a role model in everything but we have to understand the different aspects of his life. People study this at Islamic colleges for years and years, its hard for me and or you to understand this in one discussion. For example, there was a specific type of honey he didnt like because it would cause bad breath so he didnt use to eat it, can we eat it? Of course. He used to get sad and cry at times for example when his son Ibrahim died and when he was escaped Mecca, should we do the same thing if it happens to us and have the same reaction? We dont know because every human being has a different reaction. He is the best role model for us but he was still human and has the right to behave like one.

Edited by Arab
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 1:28am
Keep in mind that his entire biography and hadiths which speak about him are as wide as the wall of a house lol. They are thousands and thousands of pages so do not expect by reading this book that you will understand his personality and so on this is a mere summary of what happened.
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 4:53am
Peace, Arab - your generous heart is a shining example of what this
forum can be used for. I have been reading your exchanges with Kay and
really dig your soulful posts.   Bless you - wa t'barak Allah, ya khoya.

Senekerk - Ask yourself what you are getting out of this experience.
Hopefully, folks like Andalus and Arab have shown you some of it's
magic. I, for one, have gelled with a few folks here and (naturally) am
repelled by others.

We can all be hurt by rough responses to our questions, like yours.

But then you read on - and see there is more spiritual depth to all of the
characters here, including S*R. A tough-looking but warm hearted Zen
Master (as maybe a few gruff fellows might be around here) ready with a
stick in case you get drugged listening to the sound of one hand clapping
or too caught up with questions that will lead further from any effective
realizations of the divine.

As they'd say in the Lower Ninth Ward, "Keep your eye on the donut, not
the hole, sugah!"

Anyway - more concisely - since I am part of this community for the time
being I will say what should be said without the rationalizing/moral
Tartufferie:

"I am sorry. It was short sighted and wrong to suggest you were a troll,
making fitna, etc."

Bless you, sweet Kay - God keep you close and God help us all Jamal
Morelli

Edited by Jamal Morelli
senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 5:58am

Look at Qu'ran 18:7-18:8 in the Asad translation and also in the Yusuf Ali translation.  The differences indicate we might benefit from going back to the Arabic  on this use of 'beauty'.

It could also be a idiomatic use too.  In American culture we always call brides and babies beautiful even though that might not be an objectve truth .  Perhaps the authors of the hadiths were simply being polite.

Thank you for this explaination.

I think senekerk is sincere in her questions  let her clear her doubts now better then having them latter and or forgetting about them and having them affect her uncontiouse mind. Senekerk, what you are having trouble with is what also many Muslims have troubles with. Not the prophets marriage, but understanding him. You see, at times he would behave as a normal human being, he gets married, he has conflicts with his wives and they make up etc. At times he would behave as a prophet, at times as a friend. We have to be able to understand these different parts of his life.

Arab-i think you hit the nail on the head so to speak. Thank you for your time and explainations and support.

This site means alot to me and I learn very much from it.  It has been a positive experience for me and I don't want anything to hamper that. So bear with me while I ask my questions. Bismillah  Ar-Rahmaan Ar-Raheem this is what I cling to and try to emulate.

Peace

Kay
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 11:06am
We are with you sister  dont worry, we are with you. It has also been a positive experence for me and honor sister.
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2007 at 5:28am
Heard this morning on an mp3 of hadiths and then went and found it
online to post -

seemed pertinent, anyway...

Bismillah,

On the authority of Al-Hasan bin Ali, the grandson of the messenger of
Allah, who said : I memorized from the messenger of Allah his saying :

"Leave that which makes you doubt for that which does not make you
doubt."

narrated by Termithi and Nasaee, and Tirmithi said it is true and fine
hadith.

senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2007 at 6:12pm
I will remember that. Thank you Jamal
Kay
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic