IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why building a mosque near "ground zero" is bad  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why building a mosque near "ground zero" is bad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 55>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteppeNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2010 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

Hi GIbbs,
I have read that it's the Saudi muslims that are financing the majority of funds and not the American Muslims. Wouldn't it have been a better idea for the American Muslims to cough up the dough?

Here in UK, we have the government always moan about certain centres whom are recruiting �extremists�, including 2 of the biggest mosques in London, yet the govt knows where the funding for this �extremism� is coming from, all it needs to do is close the taps, but some how I think their mutual benefit between politics, oil shaykhs and media.

Plus, they could have found a better name, sounds like a re � reconquista Big%20smile

Wont be long before they have the American version of "undercover mosque" once the jobless crowd get sucked into a "We v Zionist Kuffar" mentality.

Edited by SteppeNomad - 22 July 2010 at 4:41pm
Ya Allah, Bismillah, AllahuAkbar.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2010 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

Nur_Illahi
It won't matter to the public that the mosque community center is a symbolic representation of peace, these people care about their feelings and how America felt on September 11th 2001. All people know is that the hijackers were so-called Muslims motivated ultimately by a religious-political message. It doesn't matter if you call Americans ignorant or not understanding. The damage is done and it will take decades or maybe never to eradicate this feeling. You can preach until your face turns blue society will never fully accept Islam in the folds of daily life, unfortunately.

Just as an atheist cannot persuade you that God doesn't exist so to, you cannot persuade Americans. Even if you do, the conservative Christians in power have the money, resources, and influence to continue the bigotry against Muslims and in an age of technology, speech and simple talk only goes so far. Again this is still a bad idea

Gibbs, do not speak on behalf of all Americans. I do not think that they have the same feelings as yours.
Islam should have the freedom to speak and not being suppressed by the likes of "the conservative Christians in power have the money, resources" .

This building is a a stepping stone for Islam and Muslims InshaAllah!
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2010 at 10:09pm
Dear Martha,

Nur, it is also your responsibility to get ALL the facts. Seek knowledge. As a muslim I am only interested in the truth regardless of who committed this atrocity. 
Martha, one of the signs of the end times according to the Hadiths of Rasulullah (I know you do not believe in Hadiths) is that the world would be full of Fitnahs. Fitnahs as in Lies, slander, dishonesty, falsehood, Imposters, Untruths and the likes. How True our Dear Rasulullah was. The Satanic leaders of the world did a good job in slandering Islam when they carried out 911.  Islam the religion of Peace and Truth being slandered, being smeared so that human being would fear Islam like a plague. That is the TRUTH.

Read my sentence again. I said thoughts are not ALWAYS truths. I still consider myself right about hijab. 
I have no problem if you do not want to don hijab. It is a personal choice. But to censure this wise law of Allah based on your ignorance, is too much for me. Putting this Islamic law in a very bad light. You know what made me came back to post? Your reply in the thread Hijab. It is soo.. not right.

I didn't say it was a sin. As always you love to twist words around.
If I am wrong, show me the reasons why I am wrong. I love to read between the lines especially your posts. I find some very misleading in regards to faith in Islam.

NO. What you SHOULD have said is it reflects my faith in MUSLIMS. There is a huge difference.  And what material do you rely on re: this atrocity?
If the atrocity was clearly carried out by Muslims, then by all means you should condemn the Muslims. But the atrocities were carried out by the DAJJAL WORSHIPPING ZIONISTS. Don't tell me, after 9 years you are still in the dark about that? I thought you are smarter than that.

Yep! Glad you accept you are a stonehead . Pass me the hammer please
You remind me of  'brother' Izrafil. I loved to spar words with him. I wonder where he is now.

So you don't believe that Islam is a true religion? 
Lol, again you are playing games with words. 
This is a straitforward question. I think you should not have any problem in answering that.

You ask why not. I have given my reasons. I depend on no-one other than my GOd thanks. 
And your reasons if you ask my God is that it is unacceptable.

Wow, how come you know the REAL truth ? HmmmErmm Well, no TRUE muslim would commit this act. BUt they might have thought they were.
Still thinking that Muslims are behind 911? This speaks volume!

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 2:39am
Nur Illahi my feelings have nothing to do what I implied. If you must know I don't care of they built another dome of the rock there. I just know from people from work and others on the street I speak to about how they feel about muslims. The fact that this thread is discussing the issue is in it of itself evidence of how Americans feel about Islam. Nothing about my opinion here.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 7:12am
Gibb,

Most of them are ignorant. You should make it your responsibility to educate  your countrymen to get out of this situation. You know who were behind this atrocity. You should keep them informed of it and let them know who the real culprits are. It is not for the Muslims, but it's for upholding Truth. That is if Truth matters to you.
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 7:54am
well ultimately I don't know who was behind the attacks. I do know that thousands of people died that day. Muslim, non-muslim, Jewish, Sikh, Hindu, all suffered the same fate. But regardless of that fact, society is convinced that this was done by Muslims and since then as you already know, the media has demonized Islam. Now psychologically I assume New Yorkers are still affected so again, even if I stood there in support, there are hundreds maybe thousands opposed to me.

I mean you can build it there but despite its reasons for it being there vandals will take the opportunity to deface the property. I think fiscally in that location its not the smart thing to do.
UmmFatima View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmFatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

I mean you can build it there but despite its reasons for it being there vandals will take the opportunity to deface the property. I think fiscally in that location its not the smart thing to do.

I agree... we don't need to put our brothers and sisters in a risky location... I don't think it's a wise move.

@Nur Ilahi
You're right that we aren't doing enough to inform ppl that the perpetrators of 9/11 weren't Muslim like they said they were, and that a mosque there might shed some light on this reality.

I still think a cultural center might be better.
�Our Lord! Grant us comfort in our spouses and descendants, and make us leaders of the God-fearing.� -Al-Furqan 74
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 9:06am
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

Salams Blackflag,

Personally I would prefer it  FIRST if Islamic sects didn't kill eachother. The Ahmadis attack in Pakistan show how fragile relations are between muslims. People might say it was a political motive..but sunnis consider them heretics. Here in the UK the Ahmadis are kicked out of sunni restaurants and businesses. I don't see it as being a good example to show non-muslims.
So, when muslims are united I would feel we are getting somewhere.

As regarding Christians I post the following:-
In a famous letter to all Christian nations, Muhammad wrote, "Christians are my citizens; and by God! I hold out against anything that displeases them." The fact that Muhammad formalized this expectation in writing demonstrates its immense importance. He concluded the letter with a firm reminder, "No one of the nation of Muslims is to disobey this covenant till the end of the world."

Please refrain from posting any thing from the Ahmedi perspectives...They have long history of nefarious activities as far the treason of the faith is concerned ...Thanks...I think we have been on that discussion in the past if my failing memory serves me right!Sleepy I haven't had my tea yet!

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 55>
  Share Topic