IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tolerance  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tolerance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Natassia Natassia wrote:

Where do you get your information from?� Your own personal feelings and opinions?� Are are you honestly referring to the Tafsir in order to understand the TRUE meanings?

�

Because I refer to the Islamic writings to keep things in context and explain the true meanings.

�

I provide sources and citations.
All the above information comes from the Quran Y Ali.Surah 9 Al Tawbah.(Iqra) Are you honestly trying to make me think you know what your talking about because you read Tafsir.A.Yusuf Ali has commentary in the Qur'an as well but you probably wont see it on the any sites.

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 18 August 2009 at 1:02pm
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 1:10pm
Dear Natassia I have Tafsir in my Qur'an it is only commentary not words from Allah or any Prophets.

Haqa'iq at-tafsir ()
"The truths of tafsir" by abu 'abdu'r-rahman as-sulami (325/936 - 412/1021) he quotes extensively from the tafsir of ibn 'ata', an earlier sufi (d. 309/922) and companion of al-junayd, and seeks to bring out the mystical allusions in the qur'an.(Source:Taha Publication)

Tafsir (tuf-seer)
Any kind of explanation, but especially a commentary on the Qur'an. Translations of the Qur'an from Arabic into other languages such as Spanish, Urdu, or English are considered tafsirs of the Qur'an, since only the original Arabic text actually constitutes the content of the Qur'an. (Source:CIE)

Tafsir ()
Commentary of explanation of the meanings of the qur' an. firstly there is tafsir bi'l-ma'thur (tafsir by what has been transmitted, as is seen in the tafsir of ibn kathir), which conveys past opinions and secondly tafsir bi'l-ma `qul wa bi'd-daraya (tafsir by logic and comprehension), which involves interpretation. the second form of tafsir is further divided into at-tafsir al-lughawi (linguistic tafsir as in al-kashshaf); at-ta'wil, falsafa wa't-tasawwuf (allegorical, philosophical and sufic like mafatih al-ghayb of ar-razi); al-isra'iliyat (based on jewish sources, like tafsir ibn hayyan); tafsir ayat alahkam (verses which contains judgements (like ahkam al- qur 'an by ibn al-'arabi); tafsir ar-riwaya wa'd-daraya ( commentary through narration and proof like tafsir ibn kathir), and tafsir bi'r-ra'y, based on individual interpretation.(Source:Taha Publication)

Tafsir al-jalalayn ()
"Commentary of the two jalals," jalal ad-din as-suyuti's (d. 911/1505) completion of the tafsir of his teacher, jalal ad-din al-mahalli (d. 863/1459). a paraphrase of the text of the qur'an with linguistic explanations and material from hadith and variants. it is also known as al-itqan fi 'ulum at-tafsir ("the perfection of the sciences of tafsir").(Source:Taha Publication)

Tafsir al-qur'an ()
By ibn kathir, a synopsis of earlier material in an accessible form, which made it popular. he relies totally on hadith material without any opinion of his own.(Source:Taha Publication)

Tafsir at-tabari ()
Its actual title is jami' al-bayan. at-tabari's commentary on the qur'an is a compendium of earlier interpretations with his own opinions interspersed. it is valued but very large (thirty volumes).(Source:Taha Publication)

It's Qur'an first then Sunnah.Tafsir is basically commentary, it gives insight about the two.

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 18 August 2009 at 2:23pm
Natassia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natassia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Akhe Abdullah Akhe Abdullah wrote:

Dear Natassia I have Tafsir in my Qur'an it is only commentary not words from Allah or any Prophets.

LOL  Cop out.

How can you prove that Allah only meant that 9:5 and 9:29 are to be obeyed in self-defense...not aggressive action?
You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life. (John 5:39-40)
Natassia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natassia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 1:25pm

δίκοπο μαχαίρι Troll

non sequitur  LOL
You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life. (John 5:39-40)
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 2:24pm
Volume 9, Book 92, Number 381:
Narrated Hudhaifa:

Allah's Apostle said to us, "Honesty descended from the Heavens and settled in the roots of the hearts of men (faithful believers), and then the Quran was revealed and the people read the Quran, (and learnt it from it) and also learnt it from the Sunna." Both Quran and Sunna strengthened their (the faithful believers') honesty. (See Hadith No. 208)

Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 2:44pm
Volume 9, Book 92, Number 387:
Narrated Abu Musa:

The Prophet said, "My example and the example of what I have been sent with is that of a man who came to some people and said, 'O people! I have seen the enemy's army with my own eyes, and I am the naked warner; so protect yourselves!' Then a group of his people obeyed him and fled at night proceeding stealthily till they were safe, while another group of them disbelieved him and stayed at their places till morning when the army came upon them, and killed and ruined them completely So this is the example of that person who obeys me and follows what I have brought (the Quran and the Sunna), and the example of the one who disobeys me and disbelieves the truth I have brought."

Natassia you say:you refer to the Islamic writings to keep things in context and explain the true meanings.But you clearly don't believe in it true meanings do you?
Natassia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natassia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 2:59pm

Natassia you say:you refer to the Islamic writings to keep things in context and explain the true meanings.But you clearly don't believe in it true meanings do you?

No, I don't.  Isn't that fascinating?  I understand the "clear" message of the Quran.  I understand the context.  I understand the five pillars of faith, the shahadah, "science of hadith," etc.

I get it.

I just don't believe in it.

I wonder...would you blame that on pride, the shaitan, or Allah himself?
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2009 at 4:26am
Originally posted by Natassia Natassia wrote:

I just don't believe in it.

I wonder...would you blame that on pride, the shaitan, or Allah himself?

Nope, just ignorance.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic