IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - American Philosophy  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAmerican Philosophy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2006 at 6:43am

"The West & the East are neither wholly good nor wholly bad."

A most abused apology for all the death and destruction "west" showers on "chidren of a lesser God" - the Lebanese Prime Minister's words, not mine!

Mohini View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 9:42am
I think it is written somewhere in the Bible, though I have not read mine in a long time, that is us, the good USA that will receive the greatest punishment in the end.  Not all Amercians stand behind the actions of the government.  Unfortunately most of us are powerless against them and think parts of the world do not always understand this.  Fortunately we have the freedom to disagree with them but for the most part, powerless todo anything about it. How will we ever change this world? How will we repair what has been done?  How can we be so consistantly wrong in our policies?  How do we manage to create enemies all over the world? We the people are powerless over our governments decisions.  It would fall on deaf ears. The present administration has closed eyes and ears.  I just tell myself to hang on and it will be over in 2 1/2 years.  Or will it?
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 6:01pm

My friend, first of all, I must say, you have one of the most unusual and poetic screen names. I am lost right now, not too sure if its Sanskirit or Bangla?

You are absolutely right about mans' utter helpless state. One day, soon, we will change the economic system that renders us powerless. All indicators are for a system change. We won't ever find peace on our planet without Alternative Financial Therapy.

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

[PA most abused apology for all the death and destruction "west" showers on "chidren of a lesser God" - the Lebanese Prime Minister's words, not mine

How dare he?!

Time for regime change & operation freedom.

Edited by ak_m_f
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2006 at 10:34am

I like to show all sides of an issue.  The US made an especially sincere effort to honor all those from other countries who were victims of the 911 attack on the World Trade Center.  How can we ever expect to have peace when any and all efforts are constantly sabotaged by posts which tell only half truths?  I am totally for peace for all people on earth.  Not just for Americans, Brits, The West....but for ALL people.  Sometimes when it seems there is a little progress being made, I read articles which stir the pot once again....it seems to make sure we don't ever reach any agreements or learn to love one another.  It makes me physically sick anymore.  Why do we do this to each other???  Don't we all really want peace?  Or is it just a joke, and we "play" at saying we want peace while having our fingers crossed behind our backs?  Here is the article about Salman Hamdani, and others from foreign lands, from the State Department. 

http://usinfo.state.gov/albums/911/ham1.htm

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2006 at 7:02pm

Patty wrote: I like to show all sides of an issue.

No you�re not.

I haven�t read one single sentence, on this or any other topic, where you did not try to present ONE side and ONE side only. You WRITE of peace and God, but the words between the lines show how you truly feel. But not to worry, you have plenty of company here on IslamiCity.

Patty wrote: The US made an especially sincere effort to honor all those from other countries who were victims of the 911 attack on the World Trade Center.

Special effort? Why shouldn�t they? After all, they were responsible for the deaths of all these people. If you don�t know what I mean, ask me!

Patty wrote: How can we ever expect to have peace when any and all efforts are constantly sabotaged by posts which tell only half truths?

Why don�t you step up to the plate and TELL US, since apparently you are the only one that knows the FULL truth.

Patty wrote: I am totally for peace for all people on earth. Not just for Americans, Brits, The West....but for ALL people.

� but it must be the American version of peace� otherwise we bomb everyone who disagrees back to the stone-age!

Patty wrote: Sometimes when it seems there is a little progress being made, I read articles which stir the pot once again....it seems to make sure we don't ever reach any agreements or learn to love one another.

The pot is going to be stirred until America acknowledges the RIGHTS of all those who want to live their lives without interference from the Neo-Cons, the Christian Right and the Neo-Nazis that have integrated themselves into the regime of the Evil Empire.

Patty wrote: Why do we do this to each other???

Why did you say WE? I thought that YOU are exempt from doing this to others?

Patty wrote: Don't we all really want peace? Or is it just a joke, and we "play" at saying we want peace while having our fingers crossed behind our backs?

Isn�t crossing fingers behind one�s back used by Americans when they�re lying?

Patty wrote: Here is the article about Salman Hamdani, and others from foreign lands, from the State Department.

This propaganda website is SUCH old news. I pity you for having to resort to this.

As I said on another topic page: �Of course people from all over the world were sympathetic and full of pain for America. Unfortunately, and the world didn't know that Dubya and his handlers had been laying in wait for something like this to happen so that they could finally pounce on Afghanistan and eventually Iraq.

You KNOW that the �wars� had been planned long before Dubya was even considered, by the puppeteers, as possible president.

I would like to ask you a question, Patty. Don�t you feel in your heart that there will never be world peace until all of humanity has accepted Christ as their saviour?

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 8:45pm

Hanan posted:

"I would like to ask you a question, Patty. Don�t you feel in your heart that there will never be world peace until all of humanity has accepted Christ as their saviour?"

No.  That is definitely not my belief.  Nor is it the belief of the Catholic Church. 

I have taken all the abuse from you that I intend to take.  I have done absolutely nothing to you.  The article I posted was given to me by a Muslim.  Sorry you didn't care for it. 

MODERATORS, WHY IS THIS WOMAN PERMITTED TO CONSTANTLY INSULT, RIDUCULE, AND SAY EXTREMELY RUDE THINGS ABOUT ME?  I AM IN TOTAL DISBELIEF THAT YOU PERMIT THIS ON YOUR SITE.  DO YOU WANT NON-MUSLIMS HERE, OR WOULD YOU PREFER WE LEAVE?  I HAVE DONE NOTHING TO ANY OF YOU.  I DO NOT CALL YOU NAMES, I AGREE THAT WAR IS WRONG AND AMERICAN TROOPS SHOULD NOT BE IN THE ME, BUT NO MATTER WHAT I SAY I AM REPEATEDLY AND CONSTANTLY BELITTLED BY HANAN.  I ASK YOU ONE TIME, WHY DO YOU ALLOW THIS?

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 1:37am

I AM REPEATEDLY AND CONSTANTLY BELITTLED BY HANAN. 

Patty, just you watch how I deal with her!

Hand me something (really, anything, even smaller than a cummin seed, will do) to hold her in contempt against you.

You know, Pathaans love jumping on anyone, just anytime of the day, but we always need solids reasons for taking anyone to task. We are trying, but we haven't yet learnt the pre-emption technology being supplied to the world by its "American saviours".

Just anything, even smaller than a cummin seed, please!

Edited by Whisper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic