IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Proud day for 7 July bomb heroes  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Proud day for 7 July bomb heroes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Ketchup Ketchup wrote:

Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

I have political and intellectual issues with Britain. You obviously paint them in colours of yoru own suitability.

Red white and blue are the new black

I got those colours to in my flag

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Ketchup View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ketchup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 4:51pm

Fashionable isn't it ha ha

"The days followed one another patiently. Right back at the beginning of the multiverse they had tried all passing at the same time, and it hadn't worked."
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 5:06pm
Aren't you all getting pretty petty here? Let me say one thing blind patriotism and nationalism takes away peoples humanity no matter what nation it is they belong to. Whether you are swiss, kenyan or british. Someone please explain to me why, by just sharing the same geograhpical location with other people they are suddenly more important to you than any other humans on the planet. To me a kid dying in Afghanistan or China is just as sad as one dying a mile from me. A life is a life, period. And I don't care whos flag they live under. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Ketchup View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ketchup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 5:21pm

Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

Aren't you all getting pretty petty here? Let me say one thing blind patriotism and nationalism takes away peoples humanity no matter what nation it is they belong to. Whether you are swiss, kenyan or british. Someone please explain to me why, by just sharing the same geograhpical location with other people they are suddenly more important to you than any other humans on the planet. To me a kid dying in Afghanistan or China is just as sad as one dying a mile from me. A life is a life, period. And I don't care whos flag they live under. Peace

British humour phases many Americans..  we are taking the piss which is no way, in any in shape or form, related to toilet habits.

"The days followed one another patiently. Right back at the beginning of the multiverse they had tried all passing at the same time, and it hadn't worked."
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 5:47pm

Originally posted by Ketchup Ketchup wrote:

British humour phases many Americans..  we are taking the piss

true  

Someone please explain to me why, by just sharing the same geograhpical location with other people they are suddenly more important to you than any other humans on the planet.

I cannot answer that.

Australia is far from other geographical locations, besides New Zealand

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 7:17pm

Aren't you all getting pretty petty here? Let me say one thing blind patriotism and nationalism takes away peoples humanity no matter what nation it is they belong to.

I agree that blind patriotism is a very bad thing, but I don't think anyone here was displaying it. People were just trying to lighten the atmophere caused by a certain individual's blind ranting.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 7:46pm

Aren't you all getting pretty petty here? Let me say one thing blind patriotism and nationalism takes away peoples humanity

It's just the saddness of our realities. When we are left with nothing else to hang onto we end up worshipping a flag. And live with the lame excuses of one or the other humour.

Those chaps in Basra, I suppose, were also taking the piss out of the Iraqis. And, so do all our others Brits at football matches across the world - really made Britain very popular specially in Europe!

I had thought that somehow Colin had freed himself of the poor island mentality.

My friend, why should we have any psychological issues with anyone? We have all the world primary resources in our lands? The sun smiles and shines at us? We are not the most overcharged country in the world. Won't mention the law & order thingi at all.

Talking about your political mess is not ranting. Just trying to show you how you could rise out of the mess Britain and her trans-Atlantic English speaking cousins have created in the world., O B L and all the other dirty terrorists are a creation of your messing up with the world - for sheer third rate greed.

Any real contributions to this other than the hyena giggle?

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 7:51pm

People were just trying to lighten the atmophere caused by a certain individual's blind ranting.

I had genuinely thought at least for a while that you could afford to think, but then perhaps just the bleakness of a Sunset power can be quite painful.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic