IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - polygamy.........????????  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

polygamy.........????????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2005 at 12:59am

"In non-Muslim societies, more than 65% of married men have affairs with more than 2, 3 or 4 women. There are more than 45% of women who have affairs the same way outside of marriage. All these practices are correct for the people of reason. They admit any zina (fornication/adultery) but they don't admit any alternative for keeping people in cleanliness and pure solutions. "

As Salaam Alaikum,

Can please tell me the source of your information??

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2005 at 5:40am

Zaman,

The quote comes from a statement by Sheikh Muhammad Al-Hanooti, a member of the North American Fiqh Council.  This is stated in the article copied above.  I do not know where he got the information, as it is not stated in the quote.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
iman View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2005 at 11:37pm

salam,ummziba thanx for ur webs i will check it inshallah.

zaman. i know zina its wronge. but what it bothers me is that these man dont think about anythng else just weman. why dont they think how to establish islamic sheriah ( khalifa) first so if they have any problem they have the low to solve it but like this they know they do whatever they want becaouse in the end we dont have a khalifa. do u get me???????? they just want to fuel us by saying     ''oh my iman will be better if i have another wife cose ill not be looking weman again'' all rubish, cose ,man will be strong in iman only if he fears Allah not if he has many weman. anyway they are laying no1 but themselfes.

iman

ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2005 at 12:12am

Originally posted by Iman Iman wrote:

cose here its a normal thing. but im from alabania i can exepted so easy as arabs, in albania no1 does poligamy. anyway the web u gave me its not opening. iman

As Salaam Alaikum Iman,

I agree, marrying 2'nd time, won't make your husband stronger in faith.But at least, it won't make him weaker in faith, either. From, what I can understand from your case, your problem is the result of differences in opinion because of culture, that are invitable in intercultural marriages. Judging your husband to be good or bad won't help.

Edited by ZamanH
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
SimplyMuslim View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyMuslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2005 at 12:44pm

Assalamu Alaikum All,

I would like to convey my sentiments to ZamanH. Problems with culture?? The real issue here is the fact that a sister is being hurt by the unnecessary would-be actions of her husband. Although it is accepted in Islam, there are strict restrictions on marrying more than one woman. If the first wife does not consent, then anyone with a heart will realise that it is very painful to watch the man you love even contemplate marrying another, especially since there is no real valid reason being given.

Like Ummziba has mentioned, your responses seem very cold and dismissive. Not to mention not very helpful with the situation at hand.

Islam allows polygamy, true. A man may marry 4 wives if and only if he has the consent of the first wife and is able to treat each and every one exactly equally.

In this day and age there are very few circumstances that call for the marrying of a second wife. If, as in the case of sister Iman, the husband has no valid reason for wanting/needing a second wife then all he is serving to do is put his wife through emotional turmoil, and this IS the case since sister Iman is not happy with this situation.

Salam.

jalillah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jalillah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2005 at 1:00pm
assalamulaikum sister I heard your husband wants to gain himself another wife? well thats a big responsability I hope he is a fair and equal man..Oh!! boy he'll be in trouble and rich enough but if you refused thats no sin on you sister.. and if you accept he will be left behind to answer for those action as having more than one wife is actually a recommandation as the needs arises to stablelize the society and stop man coommitting adultery as that is a biggest sin..in gods eyes..and specially if your husband has a different motive to why he needs another ...is answerable only to allah..as allah only knows what man conceils..

Edited by jalillah
May Allah Bless those who seek the truth......Allah Stands Alone in truth..
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2005 at 2:26pm

"A man may marry 4 wives if and only if he has the consent of the first wife.."

Please support this assertion with evidence, that a man must have consent of his wife, prior to taking a second wife. 

SimplyMuslim View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyMuslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2005 at 3:13pm

Assalamu Alaikum,

Is it not so that the husband must not take another wife if the previous wife/wives are unhappy about it? Since if they are disgruntled how is that in keeping with the husbands duty to keep them all happy?

I must recant if my previous statement is not true, I was under the assumption that the consent was required or could be made a condition of marriage, may Allah (swt) forgive me for what I have stated incorrectly.

Please accept my apologies all!

Salam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic