IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Where Do You Stand?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where Do You Stand?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 10:22pm
Maybe I should just switch to decaf . . .
Yusuf
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 11:15pm

I recommend a nice cup of Chai Tea...

PAZ, Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 7:49am

Originally posted by Yusuf. Yusuf. wrote:

I influence young people by my demeanor, my happiness in life, and by making it clear to all that Islam is what brought this peace to me. 

okay, I agree but what if (and it does) some other religion/s makes others happy, brings peace to them and have good demeanor ? How can islam be the only true religion then ?

I know I don't agree with a lot of Islam, For me personally, Islam makes me unsettled, not at peace with myself nor brings happiness in life, this is why islam is not for me otherwise I'll probably be on the path. (& for many others) 

If islam is suppose to bring peace then why doesn't it bring peace and happiness to life to all people but only to some ? while those other people are quite happy at peace and with the world that other religions and faiths bring them, again how can islam be the only true religion and path ? 

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Yusuf. View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:15am

Hi Angel,

While I personally believe that Islam is the "final edition" of religion, all religions are essentially the same, and so naturally each one has the ability to bring peace to a person's life.

Can you give me a specific example of something about Islam that unsettles you?

Yusuf
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Yusuf. Yusuf. wrote:

Can you give me a specific example of something about Islam that unsettles you?

I cannot give 'a' specific example, at least not right this moment.

But to become muslim means giving up on who I am, the person that I am, that in itself is unsettling. Ok, I guess that was a specific example ;-)

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 9:51am

Assalamu alaikum,

Forgive me, Sister Khadija, for going a bit off topic, but I feel I would like to say something about what Angel says she feels 'unsettled' about.

Angel, when I became a Muslim, everything I was, the person who I was did change - almost completely.  Looking back now, I realize that I changed for the better and more importantly, I changed back to what I had been.

By that I mean, before my parents shaped me, my schooling (mis)informed me, my life experiences scarred and shattered me, society pressured me...I feel I changed back to what I was always meant to be - the true me.  The change was all good.  The feeling was all good.  I am now, who I always was afraid to be!

Now, that may sound a little strange, but, mull over it a bit and see if you can find some truth in that.  Sure it can seem unsettling, even very scary, but it is the end result that counts.  Just some food for thought for you.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 10:50am

Ummziba, you trying to persuade me

Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Now, that may sound a little strange, but, mull over it a bit and see if you can find some truth in that.  Sure it can seem unsettling, even very scary, but it is the end result that counts.  Just some food for thought for you.

Peace, ummziba.

It doesn't sound strange, I know many people go thru similar experiences as you but not all end up following islam.

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

]

It doesn't sound strange, I know many people go thru similar experiences as you but not all end up following islam.

This is why there is an concept called Hidayah...

Edited by Suleyman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic