IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need answers from converts  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need answers from converts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Searching View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Searching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 10:10pm

As you can tell from my name I am searching for answers.  I was raised as a born again christian.  In the past few years I have begun to question why I believe what I believe.  I wonder at times if I was not raised this way if I would not believe it so easily.  I have been doing some "soul searching" and research to find out why I believe.  I have been reading a lot about Islam and my husband has shared a lot about it with me also.  He is a christian as well, but is fluent in Arabic, very knowledgeable of Middle Eastern culture/history/religion, etc...  We have both been considering converting to Islam.  I believe he is much closer to it than I am. 

I would like to get responses from people that were christians, esp. born again christians that converted to Islam.  What was it that caused you to convert?  Can you give me proof from the Bible that Jesus is not THE son of God and that Jesus is not the only way to heaven?

I am very sincere.  This is something I have thought about a lot lately I find it to be overwhelming to make a decision that is contrary to what has been drilled into me for 35 years.  The more I learn about Islam and Muslims the more I am leaning towards Islam, but I still have a long way to go.  I would appreciate all the support that anyone can offer. 

Thank you in advance,

Melody

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic