IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jinns are not fiction  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jinns are not fiction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 40>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2015 at 6:44am
Which verses? Water reaches clouds by evaporation, convection, cooling and condensation. None of these are mentioned in 30:48 or 39:21. As for 36:44, it doesn't even mention clouds!

�Allaah is the One Who sends forth the winds which raised up the clouds. He spreads them in the sky as He wills and breaks them into fragments. Then thou seest raindrops issuing from within them. He makes them reach such of His servants as He wills. And they are rejoicing.� [Quran 30:48>

Do you, like your wife, mebbe, Airmano, wish to read evaporation, cooling and condensation in the translation? I told him and I am telling you also that you will not see those terms. But you will definitely find the phenomena in the verses that those terms represent.

Occam's Razor. The same reason we reject Russell's Teapot. Or as Pierre-Simon Laplace (allegedly) said, "I have no need for that hypothesis."

You did not answer my question?

I would describe the reality of the world as a necessary assumption, rather than a self-evident truth. It might be false; but if so, then I don't see how we can know anything about anything.

So, you admit you believe the reality of the world just for convenience? You are are even willing to admit that the reality of the verse may be false. So, you are willing to go along with something that may be false! But you are not willing to go along with the highly probable reality of God?

The argument that we should believe in God because lots of other people believe in God is classic argumentum ad populum.

The �spaghetti monster� and the �great pumpkin� are not natural tendencies. There is not a broad natural tendency to believe in a �spaghetti monster� or �great pumpkin�. These are not natural tendencies, they are culturally bound. For example, if I believe in a spaghetti monster, I would have to have been brought up in a culture in which you are taught about spaghetti and monsters. However, the idea of God, the basic underlying idea of a creator, of a supernatural cause for the universe, is cross-cultural. It is not contingent on culture but transcends it, just like the belief in causality and the existence of other minds.

http://www.onereason.org/god-confusion/do-we-need-evidence-for-god/

No, why would you say that? If there is no difference, then either both have to be real or both have to be imaginary. In this case, I think both are imaginary.

You said: But I still don't see any significant difference between supernatural beings and magical ones.

So, you accept magical beings. Therefore, you accept supernatural beings. Because you see little difference between the two.
Invite [all] to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching;
and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2015 at 8:36am
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

Do you, like your wife, mebbe, Airmano, ...

You're shooting blanks, Mr. Saint!  You're trying to be offensive (why?), but you only end up being ridiculous, because we don't care what you think about our sexuality!

Quote ... wish to read evaporation, cooling and condensation in the translation? I told him and I am telling you also that you will not see those terms.

Why not? Aristotle used those terms nearly a thousand years ago.  It's not like the concepts were unknown.  Of course, maybe ("mebbe"Wink) they were unknown to Muhammad...

Quote But you will definitely find the phenomena in the verses that those terms represent.

Where?  Explain to me how 30:48 or any other Quranic verse even hints at evaporation, cooling or condensation.

Quote There is no given about God. 'I would argue that we don�t need any evidence for God�s existence. So the question itself needs debating. It shouldn�t actually be �does God exist?�, but rather �what reasons do we have to reject His existence?�

Occam's Razor.  The same reason we reject Russell's Teapot.  Or as Pierre-Simon Laplace (allegedly) said, "I have no need for that hypothesis."

You did not answer my question?

Sure I did.  Twice, in fact.  The answer is Occam's Razor.  (You do know the term, right?)  In other words, we reject the God Hypothesis because we have no need for it, i.e. it is unnecessary.  It has no explanatory value.

Quote So, you admit you believe the reality of the world just for convenience?

I said necessity, not convenience.

Quote You are are even willing to admit that the reality of the verse may be false. So, you are willing to go along with something that may be false! But you are not willing to go along with the highly probable reality of God?

The God Hypothesis is unnecessary.  Not to mention highly improbable.

Quote The �spaghetti monster� and the �great pumpkin� are not natural tendencies. ... However, the idea of God, the basic underlying idea of a creator, of a supernatural cause for the universe, is cross-cultural. It is not contingent on culture but transcends it, just like the belief in causality and the existence of other minds.

Being a natural tendency does not make it true.  It is a natural tendency for children to believe that their parents are omnipotent and omniscient.  When they learn that this is false, it is also a natural tendency to transfer this belief elsewhere.  But it's still false.

Quote You said: But I still don't see any significant difference between supernatural beings and magical ones.
So, you accept magical beings. Therefore, you accept supernatural beings. Because you see little difference between the two.

Confused Where did I say I accept magical beings? 
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
ISLAM HASHTAG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ISLAM HASHTAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2015 at 5:14am

Here is a scientific proof and proof from Quran and hadith on the existance of Jinn:

http://islamhashtag.com/does-jinn-exist/
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2015 at 4:23am
Because if the Quran says the earth is round, then Abu Loren is seriously misunderstanding it. Maybe you can help him. I certainly can't.

I hope he is tracking this conversation. And that he expresses himself here.

No, never mind. I've heard the explanations, and they are very imaginative; but I know what a carpet looks like when it is spread out.

You seem to be suggesting, tongue-in-cheek the opposite of what you are saying. Come on let us be men - strong, forthright and honest.

Never underestimate the depth of my st**idity.

I am constant in my tolerance and patience.

But seriously, I can find nothing worthwhile on any of Abdallah's Web pages.

They are a hopeless jumble. Even if I found something, he rarely provides any references so I have noreason to believe any of it.

Clearly, only a POV. Does not mean anything. Because I feel Abdullah is a very sincere and honest man and very hard working.

I cannot understand why are you such a cynic. Have you been bitten or is that in the nature of gay athiests?More soon.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2015 at 4:58am
Originally posted by ISLAM HASHTAG ISLAM HASHTAG wrote:

Here is a scientific proof and proof from Quran and hadith on the existance of Jinn:

I had a scan of it. It seemed drivel. What actual evidence does it present?
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2015 at 12:41pm
@Islam Hashtag

Thanks for posting your link. Long time that I didn't have such a good laugh !

Thanx: Airmano

Edited by airmano - 30 September 2015 at 12:41pm
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Matt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2015 at 8:16am
Originally posted by ISLAM HASHTAG ISLAM HASHTAG wrote:

I looked at your link.

Do you know what science is?

Do you know what proof is?

The reason I ask is because your link has very little to do with science and absolutely nothing to do with proof. It is, however, hilarious rubbish, so it isn't completely without merit.
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2015 at 8:42am
Which you follow with a bunch of Arabic quotes (presumably) and translations from answering-christianity.com. But whose quotes, and whose translations? As usual, Abdallah doesn't say. So why should we take any of it seriously? For all we know, he might have made the whole thing up. Even if he didn't, we can't verify his claims.

I can understand your difficulties. But I see that they are all related to your absolute ignorance of the arabic language and your obstinate resolve to do nothing about it.

If we are discussing the meaning of an arabic word it is obvious that some arguments to establish its true meaning will be in arabic.

I can suggest that you try to verify what Abdullah is saying by comparing it with what others are saying on the web.

He does mention a hadith stating that "Osama had a round and big tummy", but nobody I've seen has translated it that way. Every translation I've found says that he had a "heavy belly". It looks to me like Adballah has inferred that heavy bellies are often round, and therefore he has distorted the translation to match his preconception. The same is likely true with all his other examples. But who knows? He has given us no way to confirm it.

What, may I ask, did you expect him to give you so that you could understand what he is saying? LOL......in my humble opinion you are blatantly dissing his well-researched article because he has:

1. Proved that dahaha also means egg-shaped.
2. In everyday arabic language , in Libya, people still used that word to mean egg-shaped.
3. That you are clueless about arabic language by yourself.

Also his name is not adballah but Abdallah. And what reason do you have to doubt his integrity?

I think you misunderstood. The odd thing is that there are more than twenty copies of this web page, each one linked to a published issue of the bulletin. So either it was included every time the bulletin was published, or it never appeared in the bulletin at all. Either way, it's fishy.

But then, it's fishy anyway, as we said. We don't know who conducted the interview, or when or where or why. For all we know, King Faisal (Bucaille's patron) made it up. It wouldn't surprise me at all -- frankly, the Islamic Bulletin looks a lot like his work.

The video of the interview is available on the website.
http://www.islamicbulletin.org/services/video.htm

And cynicism is a disease which is cured only by faith and that you do not have.

No, if you want it to be taken seriously as evidence of anything, I suggest you try to find out about it. Right now, it's just another random unsourced web page. There is no reason to believe it. Honestly, haven't you got the message yet? Don't believe stuff just because you found it on the Internet! People make up stuff all the time.

If I want to be taken seriously? LOL............your presumptuousness shows through again! You still do not have any idea of what I think about your opinions? It seems you have none.

To enlighten you let me tell you your cynicism means zilch to me. I look at it this way. If you do not accept what I convey to you in all honesty it is your loss and I could not care less.

The argument ends with the acknowledgement that his being "unlettered" would not have prevented him from adding to or subtracting from it, or indeed making the whole thing up.

How?

But the message was for everyone. Even being generous, it reached less than half of its target. So much for omnipotence.

Yes, it is meant for everyone. But it is not to be conveyed with force. You are a living example that no supernatural force was used to make it reach everyone.

You refuse to accept the message yet no harm was done to you. Had He really wanted to force it on everyone on earth He could have found a way.

The criteria is set by Allah Himself. He said the message was for everyone.

That is not a criteria for its success. It is an assurance that it is not only meant for Muslims. It is for all mankind.

How many billions have already died without receiving this critically important message?

Every soul will answer the Creator on the basis of the message that reached him/her and what they said or did in response. And that includes you and your ilk.

Indeed it is conjecture. It may be true, it may be false. We don't know.

Indeed, you don't know. And you choose to remain in that state.

You are in such a pathetic state not knowing what is going to happen to you. You do not know where you came from and where you will go from here. In this state of ignorance you cannot even prepare for the life that will surely succeed this one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 40>
  Share Topic