IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Chastity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chastity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chastity
    Posted: 15 April 2008 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

I am certainly sorry that you are blind to the truth.  There is nothing more I can say.

Do Muslims believe that Adam had more then one wife?  Why did Allah make 2 for him?

Hi believer,
there are many of God's prophets in your Holy Bible that had more than one wife without any alarms, as it must have been a standard pratice throughout times. What we have asked you was if you have come accross a verse that forbids such practice so you can prove your point. You failed to provide a single such verse. That does not make me blind, instead it proves you...?? you know what.
If you don't have a proof that means it was your own idea. And I don't beleive that if any of those God's prophets who married more than one wife were in anyway unchaste. All the prophets were to be the best examples for their people.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 1:23pm
I am certainly sorry that you are blind to the truth.  There is nothing more I can say.

Do Muslims believe that Adam had more then one wife?  Why did Allah make 2 for him?
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 11:52am
Beleiver that does not say anything about what quetion we have posed to you.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 1:06pm

Genesis 2

24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 6:04am

One woman - one man is not practical..

And really.. women already out number men (except in a few areas of the world that practice female selective abortion).  Then you take into acount that all men (nor all women) but more men do not make good partners.

And if you ask many women would you want 50% of a great man or 100% of a bad.. imagine what they will answer..especially if they feel they must marry..

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2008 at 5:16pm

Well said minuteman, I know he cannot, for that I asked.

Hasan

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 11:13pm

He cannot provide any proof because Jacob had more than one wife (+ two concub'es). David had quite a few. King Soloman had 300 wives and 1000 concub'es. Jesus did not have even one wife. So the christians do not have any suitable example to follow. They do not have any law (I would not say they are lawless people).

The church discarded the law of Moses, saying that the law is a curse. After that they did not have any law. No law about marriage or divorce. They had to enact their own laws of marriage and divorce.  Imagine the day when the church found it necessary (or gave in) to the demand of the people for divorce ! Where was christianity on that day? It was proved to them that their religion was incomplete, un-natural, in-human.

But still we see the unmarried fathers (evangelists, Padres) amongst the christians. And unmarried mothers too(?) perhaps.

But believer is quite active still busy formulating some new laws for the entire mankind that there had been only one woman for one man. That is not entirely wrong. Islam advises that. But allows more than one wife in special circumstances as the need be.

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 12:58pm

Hi believer,

you wrote; " From the very beginning it was against GOD's law to have more then one spouse"

Can you provide any proof/quotes to that claim, from the very begining??

Hasan

Edited by honeto

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic