IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bridges TV CEO Arrested  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBridges TV CEO Arrested

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 5:50am
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

"Jordan is basically a Muslim country and it's laws reflect Muslim practice." 

This actually made me laugh. Do you write these things on purpose or do you really have so little knowledge of the world?

Salaams,
I agree with you sister, he really does know little of the world.
1. Monarchy is not a form of government that is sanctioned in Islam. The Monarchy in Jordan was set up in Transjordan by the occupying colonizers to appease the family of the Sharif after they gave Arabia to the Sauds and the wahabi movement. That is why you now have "kings" and an amir of nearly everything!
Interesting...women cannot drive cars in Saudi Arabia, but the wife of the Prophet (pbuh) could ride a camel in battle or when she needed to. Tell me, what is the difference other than time. It is culture that dictates many practices, not al-islam.
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

"The man should never have left his native land......."

Well, we all know what's said about hindsight being 20/20.....He was described in court as "....almost in shock.  He has an almost blunted affect.  He's having difficulty coping with this," his lawyer said.

This happened last July... Did they fry him yet? Do you know?
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 4:30pm
"The man should never have left his native land......."

Well, we all know what's said about hindsight being 20/20.....He was described in court as "....almost in shock.  He has an almost blunted affect.  He's having difficulty coping with this," his lawyer said.
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

The man Mo Hassan was barely a Muslim to get himself wound up in "Honor Killing" crap.

Point well taken, however, I'd argue those involved indeed have little to barely any understanding of Islam, and function on cultural norms/ignorant traditions.

The man should never have left his native land.......
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 2:31pm
beeliver
I concur with Chrysalis 100+% and why the discussion has jumped from Buffalo New York to Jordan? Who is pleading for Honor Killing?
I don't consider Jordan a legitimate Islamic country that was created by Brits for the benefits for turncoats...
So you are challenging SA about history....You must be a real hypocrite and proud of witch burningWink
And finally you sure seem mentally challenged to comprehend the gist of the article you posted which is.... it is not Islamic code they are following to begin with rather purely local and cultural crap stemming from ignorance ...that is being discussed to be abolished ...

BTW What city you live in? I might find you a tutor for free... you Islamophobe knucklehead!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 23 February 2009 at 3:16pm
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

The man Mo Hassan was barely a Muslim to get himself wound up in "Honor Killing" crap.

Point well taken, however, I'd argue those involved indeed have little to barely any understanding of Islam, and function on cultural norms/ignorant traditions.

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 1:24pm
Believer, you do notice that ALL your examples are wholly and solely based on "Jordan" ?

Not once did I see you quote references from "Islam" to support your viewpoint ! If Islam really does support Honor Killings . . . it would not be afraid to state so . . . kindly find that source.

Maybe we should we start using USA and other 'Christian' countries as an example of all the bad 'Christian' behaviours, and say Christianity is to blame. . . . what say you?

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 1:16pm

About 95% of the people are Sunni Muslims.

Jordan's legal system is based on Islamic law and French codes.

The religious courts include Sharia (Islamic law) courts and the tribunals of other religious communities. Religious courts deal only with matters involving personal law such as marriage, divorce and inheritance.

The population consists of 92 percent Muslims

Of the 80 members of the Lower Chamber, 71 must be Muslim

The only political party that plays a role in the legislature is the Islamic Action Front (IAF).

shasta- you need to get busy rewritting history.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic