IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What proof is there that Muhammad was a p  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What proof is there that Muhammad was a p

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 12:55am
Originally posted by MIAW MIAW wrote:

Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Odd, I see a lot of Muslims who want the whole world to be Islamic.

Islam does not allow 'Forcing' religion onto anyone. Because 'Truth' is clear, and 'Falsehood' (Error) is also clear , and God has given us 'choice' to follow whichever we prefer:

Qur'an [2:256]:

Also: If I was to invite someone to Islam, then I am bound by strict guidelines:

Qur'an [16:125]:

So those who leave Islam are not killed by Muslims then?

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/08/hindu-muslim-pakistan/536238/

History can also be ignored when your know your religion is right and those pesky facts of many many forced conversions in the past are lesser truths thamn your truth.

http://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41989&PID=214976&Type=EmailNotification#214976

Edited by Tim the plumber - 28 February 2018 at 1:06am
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 9:48pm

Quote Nobody is asking you to care about Prophet Muhammad PBUH and his teachings...

I want to straighten out here that Muslims do not want the whole world to be Islamic, because it would be violate God's decrees.
Perhaps what you see now that Muslims are getting more in this world that is because of their desire to become Muslims and also God's will.
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 3:21am

Islam does not allow 'Forcing' religion onto anyone. Because 'Truth' is clear, and 'Falsehood' (Error) is also clear , and God has given us 'choice' to follow whichever we prefer:

Qur'an [2:256]:

Also: If I was to invite someone to Islam, then I am bound by strict guidelines:

Qur'an [16:125]:

Edited by MIAW - 27 February 2018 at 11:50pm
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 1:06am
Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

Christians are not expected to convince anyone of anything. We are to inform people of the good news, and discuss only when invited. If we are not willingly invited into conversation the prescription is to simply keep moving until we find someone who is willing.

Odd, I see that christians will do anything they can to use any power they can to force their religion onto those who would prefer not to have to deal with it.

https://www.secularism.org.uk/opinion/2018/02/we-cant-allow-faith-groups-to-hamper-efforts-to-regulate-supplementary-schools

For example.
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2018 at 11:49pm
Christians are not expected to convince anyone of anything. We are to inform people of the good news, and discuss only when invited. If we are not willingly invited into conversation the prescription is to simply keep moving until we find someone who is willing.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2018 at 2:38am
Quote Nobody is asking you to care about Prophet Muhammad PBUH and his teachings...

MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2018 at 1:53am

Quote  airmano wrote:

...Hardly anybody really cares about Mohamed and his teachings here ...

Nobody is asking you to care about Prophet Muhammad PBUH and his teachings... on the contrary, Muslims have been asking you for years to just leave him alone... Leave him be in his grave. I think that too much hatred in our world today is behind all these islamophobic posts, cartoons, articles...etc.

Quote ...If there are journalists depicting Mohammed in a way you don't like this is none of your affair...

This is so hypocritical... if, for example, someone came up to you and said: "I am going to depict your wife [or someone else who you care a lot about, like your dead mother] in a way you don't like, without your permission or hers", and when you object it makes them want to do it even more (because that's how sad they are)... [and on top of that, they would say to you: this is none of your business (affair)]. Would you then just 'accept and turn the other cheek'? . Well... that's an example about a person who is dear to only you... imagine if someone did the same thing with a person who is extremely dear to Billions of  people, and respected by many more.

Quote ...as much (as) your beliefs and praying is none of our business ...

Now... this is funny...Are you sure about this?... in your 800 posts on here, you have proven to us that 'Muslim beliefs and praying' are very much YOUR business... your only business in life (However, sadly for you, in a negative and demeaning way). I can just imagine all the special 'files' and 'folders' that you have 'at hand', dedicated to attacking Islam and 'Muslim values'. Don't you have any other interests in life? (hmmm... I guess not).

Quote ...To give you (my) estimates on how people react on cartoons involving Mahomed here in Europe. 80 percent simply don't care, 10 percent find it funny and 10 percent are disgusted. So what ? ...

So let me get this right... You are telling us that, in order to 'entertain' the '10 percent' who find it funny... your friends at Charlie Hebdo and other tabloids were prepared to go as far as 'upsetting' Billions of  people from around the world!

Did Muslims ever depict anybody in a demeaning and insulting cartoon? No ... A true Muslim would not even depict anybody in a 'good' context, let alone in an insulting manner.

I guess 'je ne suis pas Charlie'.

Quote ... Muslims go to the street by the millions to protest against it (and some go and kill even the journalists in the name of the religion of peace)...

Those who went to the streets were pleading with Charlie Hebdo and the likes to stop this 'uncalled for' aggression on their Prophet and symbols... But they were also hoping to prevent any (Muslim) extremists from falling into the trap of reacting to these 'provocations' in their name.

As a result (Unfortunately), Atheist Charlie (driven by hatred... not satire) increased their aggression for that exact same reason, i.e. to provoke a reaction from those exact people, and then public opinion would blame 'all Muslims'. 

[Incidentally... asking provocative questions is something that YOU like to do all the time, just like here: in: http://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42178&title=22-this-scripture-no-doubt.]

Atheists believe that 'Freedom of Expression' is without 'limits'. That is totally wrong.

Furthermore, a pen (or pencil) can be more violent than a gun. Because the effect of a gun is limited in terms of both time and number of victims.

Quote ...A bit more tolerance...

Try repeating this in front of a 'mirror' a few hundred times... it's good therapy... and boy do you need it.

MIAW

Edited by MIAW - 26 February 2018 at 11:06am
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by MIAW MIAW wrote:

Some of the people on here are Atheists (I have no problems with that... but) who do not want to learn about religions and religious views, their sole purpose in life is to do away with religions (especially Islam... to put it politely). You can see that in their writings and their posts. They spend all their time doing that on websites and news articles, I see it all the time.

MIAW

Greetings MIAW,
Since you have the 'perfect religion', isn't it your opportunity to convince these people of it?
asalaam alaykum,
Caringheart

p.s. - That's what Christians are expected to do... not to shun, but to take the Word of God to these people that they too may be saved.  Christians are to embrace and share with love.  Many have come to see the light this way.  You should read, or see the movie, The Case For Christ, about how Lee Strobel (and eventually his wife) came from atheism to belief.  asaaam alaykum, peace and blessings to you.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
  Share Topic