IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why did Allah choose to have a son?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why did Allah choose to have a son? - Event Date: 28 December 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Larry View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:30pm
Friendship,

I have no idea of what the "Elton case" is and how it "disproved the idea of Allah having a son." I don't need any lessons in reading the Holy Bible and I have seen no evidence in the Holy Bible for the reality of "Muhammad" as a prophet of God, or even being mentioned as such.
   The prophet Isaiah was very clear in his chapter 53 of what the Messiah would be like when He came the first time, and what he would do for all the people of the earth.
   The Book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ, tells of what will happen when Jesus Christ comes for a second time to judge the good and the wicked. In Christianity Jesus Christ is portrayed as the "Lamb of God" who, John sees in heaven as having looked, "as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out unto all the world." John, the writer of Revelation, said that he heard a loud voice saying in heaven, "Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come..."
   My Holy Bible is a comfort to me as the Holy Qur'an is a comfort to you. I would never tell a Muslim that their religion is wrong any more than I would expect a Muslim to tell me that my religion is wrong or in error.
   The prophet Muhammad recites that God says "let there be no compulsion in religion, the truth stands out clear from error."
   I agree 100%

Larry
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 4:49am
Assalamu alaika Larry.

The issue is not only what Allah informed the holy Apostle Muhammad, but what he informed all the Apostles before Jesus. Muhammad is sent as an arbitrator between those who rejected their Apostles and those who accepted them. As a said earlier the teachers of the earlier scriptures did not set any standard in understanding what Allah revealed. The texts and contents of what transpired in the last days are not convincing statements of Jesus the son of Maryam. The Elton case further disapproved and disproved the idea of Allah having a son. In the standards in understanding the teachings of Muhammad is: Lazim (obligation) is tied to malzum (obligated). Desire to have a son or a child is intrinsic in animals.  Please understand and study carefully in the Book of Genesis why allah created Eve. The Old Testament is a starter in understanding what Allah revealed to Muhammad.

Larry View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:40am
   Using Qur'an verses to verify that Allah had no son is like using the New Testament to verify that God did indeed have a son, Jesus Christ. It is a matter of faith and belief. You cannot expect Christians to agree with what the Qur'an says anymore than you can expect Muslims to agree with the Bible says concerning Jesus.
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 9:00am
Same reason Jesus was male. Societies were not ready for a female prophet. Today it's different.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
pure_columbian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pure_columbian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 6:19am
My first time on here and i have to say i'm totally confused as to what the purpose of this thread is, it makes no sense whatsoever, or is there more to come???
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 1:36am
Assalamu alaika Sign*Reader.

I think I should better wait for a while to see the response of the forum members. It is a matter of how one is taught to understand his Faith. My teacher Muhammad Rasulullah taught me the method of separation. Some forum members rejects its application in understanding the OT and NT.

Edited by Friendship - 31 December 2010 at 1:37am
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 12:00am
Ermm
I am itching to say something about this but let's wait, Friendship may want to add more!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 31 December 2010 at 5:24pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 9:17pm
Yeah
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic