IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I’m so tired of TV  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I’m so tired of TV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 8:52pm

Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

if these people were truly sincre they would find other ways of fighting and there are plenty of ways to kill and fight the Americans but suacide is there weapon of choice.

So, uh, I imagined this comment Rami????  You said Americans, not soldiers.  And we are in Iraq because of the attacks that started on our soil.  Vengance is ugly.  You cannot say that the "insurgency" is even the slightest bit validated when they are bombing mosques and killing civilians.  Fatwas can be issued all they want, but when you post on a site like this and don't pick your words carefully, some kid gets the idea its okay to kill Americans and doesn't differentiate between civilian and combatant.  We all become combatants.  Where is the line drawn when you make all Amercians out to be evil????

Where does it stop?  It wont with people making post after post calling for Israel to be wiped off the map or Americans to be killed.

My solution.  Evacuate the Holy Land and raise it to the ground.  It belongs to God anyway, give it back to him.  Salt the land and let no one live there.  We all certainly do not deserve the place where Heaven and Earth collide when we foul it with the blood of innocents.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 6:02pm
I'm so tired of TV, well don't watch it, simple
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 2:45pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Angela first of all im not talking about americans but american soldiers ie combatants. if an american soldier is in muslim land as an occupier forcing thier beliefs upon us we are allowed to fight them and defend our lands and our beliefs.

suacide is not an islamic option for combat, if you knew the basics of islam you would know that. I am talking to a muslim brother therefor i am assuming he knows some basic points about our religion like the impermisability of killing civilians.

Fatwa on those who kill Civilians
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 2:25pm

So Rami, Killing is okay, but suicide is not? 

I have a name for you Ben Blutstein.

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFAArchive/2000_2009/2002/7/Terror ist%20bombing%20at%20Hebrew%20University%20cafeteria%20 -

Let me tell you about Ben.  He was a good guy.  He loved to joke, play music and have fun.  He wanted to be a teacher.  He was 25 and a friend of mine.  He was active with the Jewish students at our college, but he never looked down on anyone because of their faith.  There was no suicide bomber, [moderator edited]

Maybe if you had a face to look at every time you say to fight and kill the Americans.  You can pull up his picture and look at his face.  I have to hear the weeping of his girlfriend and family at the funeral.  I have to remember seeing that box and not being able to believe he was in it.  You sir, need to rethink your views on what is Haram and what is not. 

Edited by rami
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 2:03pm
I think you are missing the point. Islam is the enemy of the west so to say for know. But it has been different at all times. When I was a kid in the late 70's and 80's we were TERRIFIED of the soviet union. We lived in fear of being nuked. Before that it was vietnam, korea, japan ect ect. Does anyone here get the picture? The usa will soon start to demonize China because they are becoming way too powerful. It is only when all of the poorer nations of the world stick together and help one another, getting rid of thier corrupt leaders that any progress will be made. And Muslims must set a better example of who they are. Sorry to say that some muslim women and children in the world are treated badly and not enough of thier own people defend them. This gives muslims a bad image. I allways hear people saying we need to stop the slaughter of innocent muslims and the raping of women by the Kaffirs. But how about when a muslim woman is killed by her husband, or raped by her uncle? In most countries nothing much is done....
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 12:59pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Insha Allah everyone is well.

Suicide bombings is Haram although there are some scholars giving Fatawa contradictory to this; but so is killing and raping innocent women and children on a daily bases. The point we are missing, I think, why is the media full of the one and there is no mention of the other.

We must remember that Islamic scholars in the early days give to the west the foundations of science and technology, they were the MASTERS, unfortunately today we have become the slaves of the west, we grab all the crumbs they throw at us, even thought we know that this is harmful for us; both for this world and attaining Paradise. So let's not blame the west for our own greed to follow them and by doing so we left the teachings of the Glorious Qur'an and Sunnah.

They have a master plan to destroy Islam. Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala warns us many times in the Glorious Qur'an. Do we take heed? NO!

Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala says don't take the Christians and Jews as friends/protector in Surah Al-Ma'idah 5 Ayah 51 and 52 but we disobey.

The onus is on us to return to our roots so that once again we can become the masters and not be slaves. Yes We will become slaves of Allah, His loved ones. Then we will fear only HIM and fight the way the Sahabahs did.

Alhamdulillah despite the negative portrayal of Islam in the media, more and more people are researching, enquiring and reading about Islam and many are eventually joining the Ummah of the Last Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam).

Wa Alaikum Salam 

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
aishag88 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aishag88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 11:31am

Salaam,

Mohammad, no matter what there life story. It does not change the fact that sudicde is one of the 7 major sins in Islam.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 10:56am

Bismillah,

Dear Aisha, I prefer to just realize that judgment day will come when it does.  And the one clue I've heard that I really like is that the sun will rise in the west instead of the east.  Now, that's going to be hard to miss!

Every day I deal with this impact on my kids.  It's harder when it effects little innocent kids.  How many times have my kids been called OBL or SH on the playground?  And what did the teachers or principal do about it?  They underplay it if they acknowledge it at all.

Rami, Thanks for your comment against suicide bombers.  I always think of the story of an 18 year old Palestinian who blew up another girl of similar age Jewish Israeli outside a restaurant.  This Israeli girl was pro-Palestinian, an activist for the other girl's cause!  Two futile deaths that caused nothing but misery for both families and took away two beautiful lives from this earth and their loving families.  And the Israeli girl's family hates Palestinians now.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic