IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kashmir  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kashmir

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kashmir
    Posted: 29 July 2005 at 10:23pm

20 held in Kashmir over boys' killing: Infiltration bid - 5 ultras killed 

Agencies

Srinagar, July 25 Police detained at least 20 activists of Hurriyat on Monday after a protest against the killing of three teenagers by troops who mistook them for militants, police and witnesses said.

Saturday night's shooting, in which a 15-year-old boy was also wounded, has fuelled anger among Kashmiris.

"Stop killing and genocide of innocent Kashmiris," members of the All Parties Hurriyat (Freedom) Conference shouted before being grabbed by police and taken to a police station in Srinagar, the state's main city.

The protesters, led by Hurriyat leader Javid Mir, carried banners that read: "We want freedom, stop state terrorism."

Police said the protesters had defied a ban on unauthorised public meetings in Srinagar.

The teenaged boys were gunned down by soldiers who had mistaken them for militants.

The army called the death of the teenagers -- whose ages have been estimated at between 13 and 15 years -- a "regrettable incident", saying the boys did not stop when challenged.

"The army requests all persons to stop when challenged and not run away as it leads to suspicion," an army statement said.

On Sunday, thousands of people -- some of them carrying the victims' bodies -- protested against the army near Kupwara town, northwest of Srinagar.

Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Syed, has ordered a probe into the incident.

Violence involving militants and troops continues in the disputed Himalayan region despite a 20-month-old peace process between India and Pakistan.

Local leaders say New Delhi's forces continue to violate human rights with impunity.

"There has been an abrupt surge in rights violations by the Indian army in the state. Talks and genocide can't go together," Kashmir's leading newspaper, Greater Kashmir, quoted Hurriyat chief Mirwaiz Umar Farooq as saying.

Authorities deny a systematic violation of human rights in Kashmir and say they investigate all incidents and punish those found guilty.

Source:http://www.centralchronicle.com/20050726/2607007.htm

Edited by ZamanH
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 10:25pm
Just in case, anyone is interested, I think plebiscite should be held in Kashmir. I have met 23 Kashmiri men in all, and they all want secession from India. 2 Kashmiri pandits that I have met, dislike the  militants but not the Kashmiris themselves. According to credible newspapers here, more people in urban areas than those in rural areas of Kashmir, want to join/accede to India.

India does not want to give up Kashmir, because it fears that will encourage seccionists in other regions and also, because it will lose a lucrative tourist destination. Pakistan lays its claim on Kashmir on the basis of two-nation theory,i.e, Hindus and Muslims can't live together in peace and thus, should separate as much as possible.
Indian army has earned the ire of the Kashmiris for their ruthless suppression of the Kashmiri separatists (they can't be called freedom-fighters, unless, it is known for sure, that Kashmiris do want to separate). Kashmiris seem to support the separatists.
Also, living in India, as a Muslim, I have many Hindu friends (although, most of my friends are Muslims), but considering the behaviour of other Hindus and Muslims (Babri Masjid demolition, Godhra carnage and Gujrat riots), two nation theory is not as ill-founded as Indians make it out to be.

Edited by ZamanH
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 11:36pm

But what will our grand Hang Low Sexnon lords do once this issue is sorted out? They create problems just to lord over their solutions and for gaining advantages from the concerned parties.

Just a short, simple great post!

Edited by Whisper
beloved View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beloved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 7:06am
Being an Indian, I too sympathise with the people of Kashmir.  I don't even want a plebescite.  I would be happy if Indians leave Kashmir and live happily ever after.

But Zaman, you are entirely wrong when you say that, leaving Kashmir would "encourage sessionists".  Can you please tell me who are these "sessionists"?

And do you know how much revenue India gets from Kashmir?  -8000 crore rupees per annum + lives of many fellow Indians.  So forget about "lucrative tourist destination".

And Zaman, what do you mean by two nation theory?  Its a very old concept of the British.  It never existed with Hindus or Muslims.  You talk about Gujarat riots and Babri Masjid.  Babri Masjid is the only masjid Hindus demolished.  And Gujarat riots are the only one bad thing done by the Hindus.  And the whole nation condemns them.  No one loves a murderer.  Muslims in India are much more happier than Muslims in Islamic republics.

It seems like this guy Zaman wants another partition of the country on communal grounds.

Remember, President of India is a Muslim, who has the whole of the defence at his command.  There is no need of any "sessionism".
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by beloved beloved wrote:

But Zaman, you are entirely wrong when you say that, leaving Kashmir would "encourage sessionists".  Can you please tell me who are these "sessionists"?

By secessionists I mean insurgents fighting in the North-East part of India. Which like Kashmir was also neglected by the central govt.
Saido View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 9:36pm

Asalamu Alaykum

I wish that there is a way to stop all this violence and get peace.

beloved View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beloved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 10:56pm
Have you ever been to the North-East Zaman?  And do you know what the "sessionists" in the North-East are fighting for?  They are fighting for a separate state and not separate nation, just like the Andhra-Telangana issue.

The media blows everything out of proportion.  And first know what is happening in the country and then comment on it.

And beware, the central govt. never neglected the North-East.

Can I know where you met those "23 Kashmiri men" and those "2 Kashmiri pundits"?
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by beloved beloved wrote:

Have you ever been to the North-East Zaman?  And do you know what the "sessionists" in the North-East are fighting for?  They are fighting for a separate state and not separate nation, just like the Andhra-Telangana issue.

Are you "Bhartiya" (that is a nick of a member), by the way?? Even if( and that is a big "if") they are not fighting for secession and they central govt. doesn't want them to be encouraged.

And beware, the central govt. never neglected the North-East.

Can I know where you met those "23 Kashmiri men" and those "2 Kashmiri pundits"?

Of course, Central govt. did neglected the North-East, you better check yourself.
I met the 1 Kashmiri Pandit in college when I was in class 12 and the other  while I was travelling in a train.  Kashmiris, I have been meeting, not all at once,  some come to  sell clothes, some I met in college others here and there.

Edited by ZamanH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic