Print Page | Close Window

13:15

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35530
Printed Date: 27 April 2024 at 10:08pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 13:15
Posted By: TG12345
Subject: 13:15
Date Posted: 15 February 2016 at 5:37am
Salaam alaikum. I have a question about the verse below.

And unto Allah (Alone) falls in prostration whoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, and so do their shadows in the mornings and in the afternoons.
http://searchtruth.com/chapter_display.php?chapter=13&translator=5#15

Is 13:15 inclusive of every living thing, or a generality but not all things? Does it include only people/angels/jinn or also animals and plants?

Is the verse saying that every single thing created prostrates to God, as do their shadows in the mornings and afternoons?

Is this a correct understanding?

Many thanks and take care.

Replies:
Posted By: airmano
Date Posted: 16 February 2016 at 1:55pm
I don't.
So I just see this verse as an other error in the Quran.

Airmano

-------------
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")

Date Posted: 16 February 2016 at 8:40pm
Thanks, Airmano, but according to the Quran you do, you just do it unwillingly.
I am waiting for a Muslim to respond, but it was nice having your input. :)

Posted By: Tim the plumber
Date Posted: 19 February 2016 at 1:11pm
Even as an atheist I am unconfortable in holding any religious writing to the same scrutiny as a scientific paper.

It's poetry first, has a symbolic message second and then finally a world understanding. That the information is often wrong is different to honing in on a single scentence and drawing out large claims from just that smipet.

Date Posted: 23 February 2016 at 4:15am
Thank you Tim the plumber for your response, I appreciate it. Am looking forward to hearing Muslims reply :)

Date Posted: 23 February 2016 at 8:56am
Quote Tim:
Even as an atheist I am unconfortable in holding any religious writing to the same scrutiny as a scientific paper
Of course, I share your feelings about this subject.
The point I try to make is in respect to the claim of the "Quran being perfect". If such a imho pretentious claim is made it should be scrutinized with even higher standards than scientific articles.
Unfortunately it does not even remotely stand up to these claims.

Airmano

-------------
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")

Posted By: AhmadJoyia
Date Posted: 27 February 2016 at 9:09pm
Here are http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=13&verse=15 - seven translations of verse 13:12, if you have an issue with its understanding.
Sahih International: And to Allah prostrates whoever is within the heavens and the earth, willingly or by compulsion, and their shadows [as well] in the mornings and the afternoons.

Pickthall: And unto Allah falleth prostrate whosoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, as do their shadows in the morning and the evening hours.

Yusuf Ali: Whatever beings there are in the heavens and the earth do prostrate themselves to Allah (Acknowledging subjection),- with good-will or in spite of themselves: so do their shadows in the morning and evenings.

Shakir: And whoever is in the heavens and the earth makes obeisance to Allah only, willingly and unwillingly, and their shadows too at morn and eve.

Muhammad Sarwar: All in the heavens and the earth prostrate themselves before God, either of their own free will or by force, just as do their shadows in the mornings and evenings.

Mohsin Khan: And unto Allah (Alone) falls in prostration whoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, and so do their shadows in the mornings and in the afternoons.

Arberry: To God bow all who are in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, as do their shadows also in the mornings and the evenings.

Date Posted: 28 February 2016 at 2:20am
I can't help it, your list of translations makes things even worse:

I never felt any compulsion from Allah to prostrate nor did I ever see my shadow doing such things.

If taken literally it simply is - and remains - bare nonsense.

Airmano

-------------

Date Posted: 28 February 2016 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

Here are http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=13&verse=15 - seven translations of verse 13:12, if you have an issue with its understanding.
Sahih International: And to Allah prostrates whoever is within the heavens and the earth, willingly or by compulsion, and their shadows [as well] in the mornings and the afternoons.

Pickthall: And unto Allah falleth prostrate whosoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, as do their shadows in the morning and the evening hours.

Yusuf Ali: Whatever beings there are in the heavens and the earth do prostrate themselves to Allah (Acknowledging subjection),- with good-will or in spite of themselves: so do their shadows in the morning and evenings.

Shakir: And whoever is in the heavens and the earth makes obeisance to Allah only, willingly and unwillingly, and their shadows too at morn and eve.

Muhammad Sarwar: All in the heavens and the earth prostrate themselves before God, either of their own free will or by force, just as do their shadows in the mornings and evenings.

Mohsin Khan: And unto Allah (Alone) falls in prostration whoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, and so do their shadows in the mornings and in the afternoons.

Arberry: To God bow all who are in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, as do their shadows also in the mornings and the evenings.

Many thanks, AhmadJoiya. The verse does indeed seem to be saying that to God prostrates everyone who is in the heavens and earth, and that the shadow of everyone in the heaven and earth prostrates to God in the morning and evening.
I am curious how can this be when there are many animals who are never exposed to the sunlight or any other form of light, like for example troglobites.
http://geology.com/stories/13/troglobites/
Like all living things, they prostrate to God. But their shadows don�t, since they are not exposed to any form of light.

Date Posted: 29 February 2016 at 7:53am
O, I see!! You must be joking if you think that this verse some how shows, that every thing must have shadows. Hats off to your logic and your intellect. Are you serious?

Date Posted: 29 February 2016 at 7:35pm

O, I see!! You must be joking if you think that this verse some how shows, that every thing must have shadows. Hats off to your logic and your intellect. Are you serious?

The verse says that
A) Everything in existence prostrates to God
and
B) The shadows of everything in existence that prostrates to God, prostrate to Him in the morning and afternoon.

Tell me whether or not you would find the following sentence true:

And unto Allah falleth prostrate every observant Muslim man, as do their Pakistani wives.

Tell me whether or not this is a true statement, and make sure to explain why.

Shukran and take care.

Date Posted: 01 March 2016 at 3:26am
Originally posted by TG12345 TG12345 wrote:

And unto Allah falleth prostrate every observant Muslim man, as do their Pakistani wives.

Could be true, but could also be false for a simple reason that not all wives of Muslims must be Muslim and also that not all Muslims would have necessarily Pakistani wives.

Date Posted: 01 March 2016 at 4:19am

Could be true, but could also be false for a simple reason that not all wives of Muslims must be Muslim and also that not all Muslims would have necessarily Pakistani wives.

You did a great job in explaining why the verse is false, yet you also wrote "could be true". How could the statement above be true?

Date Posted: 03 March 2016 at 2:06am

You did a great job in explaining why the verse is false, yet you also wrote "could be true". How could the statement above be true?
Your analogy is amusing. Instead of realizing an error in your logic, you are drawing conclusions from a wrong analogy. Very funny indeed!

Date Posted: 03 March 2016 at 7:34pm

Your analogy is amusing. Instead of realizing an error in your logic, you are drawing conclusions from a wrong analogy. Very funny indeed!

What is the error in my logic?

And why are you refusing to answer my question.

For the statement:

You said it could be true, as well as it could be false given that not all Muslim men have believing wives and not all their wives are Pakistani.

How could the statement above be true?

I always answer your questions and rebuttals and the points you raise, why do you avoid mine?

Date Posted: 04 March 2016 at 11:25am
I think yours relate to propositional fallacy which is kind of fallacies that involve inferences whose correctness is not guaranteed by the behavior of those logical connectives, and hence, which are not logically guaranteed to yield true conclusions. So essentially when you state The shadows of everything in existence that prostrates to God, prostrate to Him in the morning and afternoon.
You just can't infer from here that if there is no shadow, therefore it doesn't prostrate to God. This is same fallacy as If A then B wrongly implying if not A, then not B. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denying_the_antecedent - Wiki gives an interesting example to understand it: If it is raining, then the grass is wet.
It is not raining.
Therefore, the grass is not wet.
So, my question is can you make the grass wet other than through rain? If yes, then fallacy in your argument is proved.

Posted By: johnford
Date Posted: 05 March 2016 at 7:27pm

And unto Allah (Alone) falls in prostration whoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, and so do their shadows in the mornings and in the afternoons.

Is 13:15 inclusive of every living thing, or a generality but not all things? Does it include only people/angels/jinn or also animals and plants?

Is the verse saying that every single thing created prostrates to God, as do their shadows in the mornings and afternoons?

Wa alakim salamu

The sun and moon are messages of his will .. as the shadows pass across the earth during the course of the day and night all creation prostrate including the umah .. we prostrate according to the passage of the sun .. which effectively means there is a wave of prostrations taking place as the earth revolves round the sun ..

Date Posted: 20 March 2016 at 5:46am

I think yours relate to propositional fallacy which is kind of fallacies that involve inferences whose correctness is not guaranteed by the behavior of those logical connectives, and hence, which are not logically guaranteed to yield true conclusions. So essentially when you state The shadows of everything in existence that prostrates to God, prostrate to Him in the morning and afternoon.
You just can't infer from here that if there is no shadow, therefore it doesn't prostrate to God. This is same fallacy as If A then B wrongly implying if not A, then not B. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denying_the_antecedent - Wiki gives an interesting example to understand it: If it is raining, then the grass is wet.
It is not raining.
Therefore, the grass is not wet.
So, my question is can you make the grass wet other than through rain? If yes, then fallacy in your argument is proved.

You completely misunderstood what I was saying. I am not saying that if a thing has no shadow in the morning and evening, that thing does not prostrate to God.
I am saying that not everything that prostrates to God (ie everything) has a shadow in the morning and evening.
Therefore to say that the shadows of everything that prostrate to God, prostrate in the morning and evening, is false.

That is why I asked you about the hypothetical statement, whether it is correct or incorrect.

You said it could be true, as well as it could be false given that not all Muslim men have believing wives and not all their wives are Pakistani.

You did a great job in explaining why the statement is false. How could it at all be true? For some reason you seem very determined to not answer this question, so determined in fact that you brought up a logical rule that I was not even breaking. I am going to ask you the same question again, and see if you will respond.

Date Posted: 20 March 2016 at 5:46am

Originally posted by johnford johnford wrote:

Wa alakim salamu
The sun and moon are messages of his will .. as the shadows pass across the earth during the course of the day and night all creation prostrate including the umah .. we prostrate according to the passage of the sun .. which effectively means there is a wave of prostrations taking place as the earth revolves round the sun ..

Thanks for explaining, this is what the verse does indeed seem to say.
The problem is that while it is true that all creation prostrates to God, it is not true that the shadows of all creation prostrate to God in the morning and evening.
The reason for this is that some of God�s creation are not exposed to the sun or other sources of light during these times, and others are not exposed to light at all.
So while all may prostrate, it does not follow that the shadows of all prostrate also.

Date Posted: 23 March 2016 at 5:07am
Haven't you understood the fallacy in your logic, yet? Should I need the help of Ron to make you understand your fallacy? Hmm!!

Date Posted: 24 March 2016 at 4:05am
Quote TG
The problem is that while it is true that all creation prostrates to God...
Even that. I've never seen a Hamster prostrating to God.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote TG
...it is not true that the shadows of all creation prostrate to God in the morning and evening.
Absolutely! If taken literally it is shear nonsense.

Airmano

-------------

Date Posted: 24 March 2016 at 5:15pm

Haven't you understood the fallacy in your logic, yet? Should I need the help of Ron to make you understand your fallacy? Hmm!!

If you are unable to present your argument as to why my logic is wrong, by all means feel free to call Ron or anyone you like.
While you are at it, why don't you answer my question.

Here we go again:

Is this statement true or untrue? Why or why not?
You explained why it would be false, but said it could also be true.
How could it be true?

You offered to call on Ron to "make me understand my fallacy", seeing as you are evidently unable to provide a reason for your charge, and your strawman unfortunately was knocked down.
Are there any forum members who I could call on to help encourage you to stop running from a simple question?

Date Posted: 26 March 2016 at 10:47am
Ok, just once again I try to explain your fallacy.

I am saying that not everything that prostrates to God (ie everything) has a shadow in the morning and evening.
True, as there are zillions of creatures living in the deep sea beyond the reach of sun light. But they do prostrate to God in their own way, willingly or unwillingly.

Therefore to say that the shadows of everything that prostrate to God, prostrate in the morning and evening, is false.
Now here is your faulty understanding. How can this statement be false? If any thing that has a shadow, prostrate to God, its shadow also do the same. Don't you see it?

Date Posted: 26 March 2016 at 11:01am
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

Quote TG
The problem is that while it is true that all creation prostrates to God...
Even that. I've never seen a Hamster prostrating to God.
Two things. 1) Since when do you claim to understand the animal's gestures? 2) Please read the Quranic Clause 'Willingly or un willingly'. Surprised, you din't ask how 'unwilling' prostration? I mean, you could have said it for surety about yourself as an example of 'unwilling' person? So how are you 'prostrating' God, though 'Unwillingly'. Let me know if you don't figure it out yet.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote TG
...it is not true that the shadows of all creation prostrate to God in the morning and evening.
Absolutely! If taken literally it is shear nonsense.
Airmano
Good that you bring out the fallacy of TG and surpringly you also agreed to it. If every living thing that has a shadow, prostrate to God (Willingly or Unwillingly), then how come its shadow doesn't prostrate to God? How can you separate the two? At max, the darkness makes the shadow go away, but that doesn't mean the person doesn't prostrate to God. But whenever there is a shadow of a person, and this person prostrate to God, automatically the shadow also prostrates to God. Its so simple.

Date Posted: 26 March 2016 at 4:28pm

Ok, just once again I try to explain your fallacy.

Go ahead. And while you're at it, try to not forget or be afraid to answer my question.
I am posing it now, for the fourth time.

Here it is:

True, as there are zillions of creatures living in the deep sea beyond the reach of sun light. But they do prostrate to God in their own way, willingly or unwillingly.

Correct. But these things have no shadow since they are not exposed to the sun.

Now here is your faulty understanding. How can this statement be false? If any thing that has a shadow, prostrate to God, its shadow also do the same. Don't you see it?

Yes, I get that.
But I am saying that not all things have shadows, and the verse does not say what you just said, that if anything that has a shadow prostrates to God, its shadow will do the same.

13:15 states:

Notice "whoever is in the heavens and the earth", not "whoever is in the heavens and the earth and has a shadow".

In other words, according to the verse:

A) everything prostrates to God
and
B) Everything that prostrates to God has a shadow that also prostrates to Him, in the mornings and evenings.

Since you seem pretty determined not to discuss the hypothetical statement I made and I have reason to believe that you would not answer it like you didn't do it the last four times, I will do so, and show you how it makes the same kind of fallacy that 13:15 does.

If I were to state:

It would mean that
A) every observant Muslim man prostates to God
and
B) Every observant Muslim man who prostrates to God has a Pakistani wife or wives who do the same.

A) is true.
B) is false.

B is false because not every Muslim man has a Pakistani wife or wives, or a Pakistani wife or wives who prostrate. By saying "And unto Allah falleth prostrate every observant Muslim man, as do their Pakistani wives. ", I am saying that every Muslim man has a Muslim Pakistani wife or wives. This is false.

According to 13:15,

A) every being in the heavens and the earth prostrates to God
and
B) Every being in the heavens and the earth that prostrates to God has a shadow that also prostrates to Him, in the mornings and evenings.

B is false because not every being in the heaven and earth who prostates to God has a shadow in the morning or evening (or at all in some cases). By stating "And unto Allah (Alone) falls in prostration whoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, and so do their shadows in the mornings and in the afternoons.", the verse states that everything that prostrates has a shadow. That is not the case.

Hope this is clear now. Feel free to argue and refute and critique and ask questions. I promise to not run from them.

Date Posted: 26 March 2016 at 5:21pm
Thanks for the input, Airmano. I think that the verse is saying that by merely existing, everything prostrates, whether they want to or not.

I am curious to see if you want to answer this question, especially the second part, which AhmadJoiya has been refusing to answer.

- What is wrong with this statement, if anything.

And more importantly.
- Is there any way this statement can be true?

Posted By: bahaiguy
Date Posted: 04 April 2016 at 1:45am
Gentlemen, let us bow our heads to the Lord our God, and be mindful of our eternal nothingness before Him.

Surely, it is His will that we love one another, that we strive for peace and brotherhood between all men, that we show utter humility before Him, therefore do we bow our heads as does every living thing in creation. All is created by Him, is therefore subject to Him, prostrates itself therefore unto Him insofar as all is dependent upon Him to even exist.

Prostration evokes humility, providing catharsis and awareness through graphic physical expression.
�Say: O people! Fear ye God, and turn not away disdainfully from His Revelation. Fall prostrate on your faces before God, and celebrate His praise in the daytime and in the night season.�

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings, XV, p. 38)

�O SON OF MAN!
Transgress not thy limits, nor claim that which beseemeth thee not. Prostrate thyself before the countenance of thy God, the Lord of might and power.�

(Baha'u'llah, The Arabic Hidden Words, No. 24)

Posted By: bebeeells1
Date Posted: 25 August 2016 at 11:23pm
Thank you Tim the plumber for your response, I appreciate it. Am looking forward to hearing Muslims reply :)

Date Posted: 30 August 2016 at 10:10am
Originally posted by bebeeells1 bebeeells1 wrote:

Sorry, did I miss out your question? What is it?

Posted By: asep48garut60
Date Posted: 19 September 2016 at 3:44am
Dear TG12345, peace be with you.

First of all I beg permission to engage in explaining about 13:15 in this topic.

In my opinion "Yes" everything that is in the heavens and the earth they are all prostrate to Allah, including the shadow or no shadow, objects animate and inanimate, and all that can be seen or can't seen, all prostrate to Allah, there�s nothing that doesn't prostrate to Allah.

What is meant by the verse 13:15 of "prostrate" here doesn't mean the same as when muslims prostrate in prayer/shalah, but here is a manifestation of a tribute to the glory of Allah who has created all that's in heavens and on earth, consciously or not, thankful or not, all of which are essentially at the mercy of Allah, but we don't know how they prostrate, as His word in (17:44).
It's almost the same as Angels prostrate to the Prophet of Adam, it doesn't mean the same as when the Muslims prostrate in praying, but the Angels gave respect to the Prophet of Adam.

This verse (13:15) shows that what are in the heavens and on earth are basically admitted and rely on Allah who has great power over everything.

There are several verses in the Qur'an are called the verses mutashabihat, and such verses contain parables or proverbs, so it requires a special reasoning to uncover the meaning behind that written.

We don't see our own shadow prostrate or we've never seen animals prostrate and so on, it shows about the limitations of human ability to uncover all the secrets or mysteries in this universe.

Once again, we don't know how they prostrate to Allah, but Allah knows everything, including what is whispered in the human hearts.

Regards,

Date Posted: 21 September 2016 at 2:01pm
Quote Asep:
We don't see our own shadow prostrate or we've never seen animals prostrate and so on, it shows about the limitations of human ability to uncover all the secrets or mysteries in this universe.
Once again, we don't know how they prostrate to Allah, but Allah knows everything, including what is whispered in the human hearts.

I think here you turn things upside down. One may see it as a metaphor (although I do not see what it should teach us) and I'd have no problem with it.

But we all know, that neither do animals, nor do our shadow prostrate to Allah. They don't !

To pretend the opposite (even if expressed in a mystifying sentence) is like saying: "The Quran is [always] right - even if it contradicts reality."

Airmano

-------------

Posted By: JerryMyers
Date Posted: 21 September 2016 at 7:36pm

The verse (Quran 13:15) carries a deeper meaning than meet the eye. The phrase �falls in prostration� do not necessarily means the physical prostration but it also means everything have to obey Allah�s Will ie. the Law of Physic and the Law of Nature as willed and established by Allah. The term �willingly� means you are aware of this fact and you have surrendered yourself to His will. The term �unwillingly� means altho you may consciously deny Allah as the Creator, you are still subjected to His will ie. you and every living cells in your body have to obey the Law of Physic and the Law of Nature as established by Him. The phrase �so do their shadows in the morning and in the evening� is a kind of metaphor and it mean in every places/corners in the heavens and the earth. Notice that the verse only mention �in the morning and in the afternoon� - that�s because �shadows�  are not created but are the result of light being present. We know there are places in the heavens and the earth where light do not reach and thus in these places, shadows do not exist. This 2nd part of the verse is to further emphasize the 1st part of the verse ie. whoever in the heavens and in the earth and in places where light are present, even their shadows will prostrate � not to be taken literally as if shadows are capable of prostrating on their own free will.
Hope this help you to understand this verse better. Best Regards.

Date Posted: 23 September 2016 at 10:52am
Dear Airmano,

Sorry I didn't turn things upside down, I was just giving my opinion of "prostration" in 13:15
�And unto Allah (Alone) falls in prostration whoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, and so do their shadows in the mornings and in the afternoons.�

I believe in word of Allah that they prostrate to Allah, but I don't know how they prostrate to Allah.

Example:
Before there's air transportation, at the time it was probably humans would not believe that humans could fly like a bird. But in fact now, all humans believe that humans can fly, although there are differences in how to fly, birds fly by using wings while humans fly by using air transportation, but it still has the same meaning as "fly".

Likewise with "prostrate" in 13:15, maybe someday we can prove it despite the way they prostrate is not the same as we've ever seen.

---------------------------------------------------
To pretend the opposite (even if expressed in a mystifying sentence) is like saying: "The Quran is [always] right - even if it contradicts reality."
---------------------------------------------------
Yes, the Quran is true, because I believe in the such book, on the contrary, you'll believe in the book that you believe.

Regards.

Date Posted: 30 September 2016 at 2:31am
Quote Asep:
Yes, the Quran is true, because I believe in the such book, on the contrary, you'll believe in the book that you believe
Actually, I do not "believe" in any books, and "holy books" are the worst in my eyes.
The trick with holy books is, that by declaring them "holy" [= above any doubt], one forbids critical questioning about them.

In this case [prostration] this very mechanism becomes all too visible.

We all do know -and so do you(!)- that shadows do not prostrate, nor do stones, animals or anything else that is non-human. Instead of seeing and accepting the obvious, the vague principle of "one day we may see" is held up.
(In a weak attempt to make the Quran look true in this respect).

It is like me claiming: One day our telescopes will be strong enough to detect the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russells_teapot - "celestial teapot"

Absolutely the same logic:   Airmano

-------------

Date Posted: 04 October 2016 at 6:57pm
Dear Airmano,

For me, you want to believe it or not it's your choice, and I would not impose it, but I believe that the Torah, the Psalms, the Gospels and the Quran are the books that came from God.

Almost all the people in this world believe that the universe is not likely to happen by itself, it's sufficient to prove the existence of a great power that is able to make it, and for those who have religions call Him "God," and believe in God then they will believe in His revelations written in the books. And things that make me believe they "Prostration" because God himself told us that they prostrate, I don't say it, but we don't know how they prostrate.

Likewise your claim about "celestial teapot", we do not know whether humanity can prove it or not by science, but it could have been revealed by mankind because God has told mankind to penetrate the end of heavens and the earth as mentioned through His Word, now mankind have found the core of the earth while the end of heavens have yet discovered.

God said as it means there is a sign for mankind to be able to do it, in contrast to His other creations like "the hereafter", God didn't tell us to explore it because it'll be found by the only one way, that is death.
Science is man's attempt to understand the universe via research and analysis that are fragmentary, but it doesn't make mankind itself to be better in front of God, whereas religion is a message given by God in addition to help in identifying who created the universe (God) and also provide information support to the human beings, what can be explored by mankind, and what can't be explored by human beings in this universe.

Einstein argued about the atomic nucleus:
"For example, when a few years ago, when we haven't been able to prove the existence of an atomic nucleus, if we carelessly infer that atomic nucleus doesn't exist, then in today's perspective, we wouldn't have done a very big mistake?"

Einstein also said:
"Some people views that religion is not in line with scientific truth. I am a science researcher, I am very aware that today science can only prove the existence of an object, but can�t prove lack of circumstances of an object. Therefore, if we still can�t prove the existence of certain objects, we can�t conclude that the object isn't there. "

Einstein also argued:
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind".

There are two points here:
1. The importance of religion to science.
2. The importance of science to prove the truth of religion.

They are complementary.

Regards,
Asep

Posted By: Saved
Date Posted: 15 November 2016 at 10:41am
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

I believe in word of Allah that they prostrate to Allah, but I don't know how they prostrate to Allah.

This makes sense to me. The Scriptures that came before claim Jesus is the Word of God and He worshiped God Jn. 1. So there you have the Word of God prostrating before Him as a person along with His shadow.

Date Posted: 15 November 2016 at 10:43am

Einstein stated in his final letter: "I am not an atheist." What is your excuse?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_and_philosophical_views_of_Albert_Einstein

Date Posted: 16 November 2016 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

This makes sense to me. The Scriptures that came before claim Jesus is the Word of God and He worshiped God Jn. 1. So there you have the Word of God prostrating before Him as a person along with His shadow.

Dear Saved,

In this case, we have the same understanding.

Regards,
Asep

Date Posted: 17 November 2016 at 12:04am

In this case, we have the same understanding.

Regards,
Asep
Wow, you agree; then I must be wrong??? LOL, Just joking that is good; we do have the same understanding there.

Date Posted: 19 November 2016 at 12:04am
Dear saved,

Yes, in this case we have the same understanding.
not only that, but everything that Allah created in this universe prostrating to Him, but we have limitations to see how they prostrate to Allah.

Regards,
Asep

Date Posted: 19 November 2016 at 6:58am

Dear saved,

Yes, in this case we have the same understanding.
not only that, but everything that Allah created in this universe prostrating to Him, but we have limitations to see how they prostrate to Allah.

Regards,
Asep
Yes, I am in agreement here as well. There is no problem in where we agree; the concern is where we disagree, because those are the essentials to both our belief systems, but where we agree is not essential.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net