IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Whats your take on this?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whats your take on this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allahuakbar501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 7:23pm

Assalamu alaikum how ever you wanna look at it Brother but ive read threw the major signs of the last day and there are going to be many jihads for the sake of Allah and Allah's will, will always come to pass and men will be fighting men wether you like it or not this is the reality but since no wars have affected you personally and me either for that matter we have no idea what these brothers in the east are feeling. but the question is do you wanna be apart of one-third of the army that will flee from the battlefield or do you wanna be apart of the two-third who will stay and fight? my motive is simple to tell Muslims not be so soft that is it. Satan is are open enemy and may Allah protect us from him but what Allah has willed is clear...Salam

superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 3:46am

I am swearing you by your God.

What is the meaning of jihad? tell me what jihad is?
Oh nation of Muhammad, oh muslims against whom do we fight jihad? Do we fight against stones? Do we fight against water?
Or do we fight against infidels? (the kuffars = rejecters)
What is the purpose Allah wanted which he clarified:
"Powerful against the infidels" (Kafirin = the rejecters).

But the situation is reversed, the theory is overturned:
A believer kills a believer. A muslim kills a muslim and glorifies the infidel (kafir), and gives him an opportunity.

Now the infidels (Al kuffar) move freely in the Arabian peninsula,
and the muslims find it difficult to fulfil the commandment of
pilgrimage.

If today a muslim enters any country, they say: "he is a terrorist,
he is a fanatic, he is an extremist". Just because he is a monotheistic believer (muslim).

In contrast, someone who dances, amuse himself and commits sins - is pampered and loved.

What is the meaning of this standard? This is the standard of kafirin.

We judge by the standards of shari'a, be a believer in Allah, be a jihad
warrior for the sake of Allah. Do not fear (in your struggle), for Allah the reprimands of those who look for flaws. Do you know who those do not fear are? Those who convey the message of Allah.

----------------------------------------------------

Just over 2 minutes for the first clip. I did not watch the rest as my slow connection. But, it was nice and true speech packed in just two minutes.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 10:09am

He first said "do you know what Jihad is?" Instead of discussing both aspects of Jihad he later politicizes his argument. It's all political BS to fire up the young dumb men who will get annihilated by the U.S military. I'm sorry I just find Imam like that dumb because if I'm listening to a Khutba, I'd rather be spiritually enlightened than discuss my enemy across the Arabian Penninsula. Whatever happened to God's will? If they all die for whatever reason than so be it but I'd rather lose my life learning about Islam than learning about why everyone thinks I'm a terrorist. Obviously this guy doesn't read the news. Not every muslim is labeled a terrorist. I know plenty Muslims that travel freely without hassel.

Unfortunately, the law is ethnically biased because if you "look" a certain way or if your name is similar to that on the terrorist watch list you will be harrassed. But its easy for an Imam to be a victim of this especially one not from the West and use this experience as a reference (and a tool) to fire up the masses to hate. To me, I don't see any good in a man who wants to discuss where his enemy is. Again, nobody sees my point on Satan. We are not Adam where we can outthink Satan, this time it is us and I believe that we are constantly being outdone everyday. Knowledge leads all out of oppression but we must be willing to obtain it.

Allahuakbar501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allahuakbar501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 2:18pm

"Knowledge leads all out of oppression but we must be willing to obtain it" Beautifully said brother. but you have to know yourself as well as your enemy.

If you dont know your enemy and study your enemy how will you be able to defend yourself and your beliefs in the time of war or dialogue?

When Prophet Muhammad (saw) was at his most vulnerable point
after his Uncle Abu Talib passed away,, the Bedouin tribes
were going to try to kill him, so he fled from Mecca
and his Cousin Ali stayed behind in his home
under the blankets were they thought Prophet Muhammad would be
because he knew the Bedouin wouldnt harm Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) or how about when he got to the Well at the Battle of Badr before the Meccan's did, so they would be dehydrated, fatigued and weakened before the Battle or the Battle of the Trench when Muhammad (saw) dug a trench around Medina
which held off the Meccan Army.or read about how when Saladin (may Allah have mercy on him)defeated the Crusaders at the Battle of Hattin.

They both knew their enemys better than the enemys knew themselves they knew what the enemys had planned this is why they became victorious and of course through Allah's will as well.

Jihad means (and may Allah(swt) forgive if im wrong) to strive or struggle for a better way of life. every day is a Jihad we all have to strive and struggle to fight against Shaytan and the evil that inhabits this duniya most of all spirtually and sometimes physically if Allah so wills it.

"Jihad is not a defensive war only, but a war against any unjust regime. If such a regime exists, a war is to be waged against the leaders, but not against the people of that country. People should be freed from the unjust regimes and influences so that they can freely choose to believe in Allah."

I know that not all Muslims are labeled as terrorist but Islam is still being propagated on the news.

"We are not Adam where we can outthink Satan" its intresting you say this because not to long back i was listening to a khutba delivered by Imam Siraj Wahaj and he was talking about how many people like to say i wouldnt have eaten from the forbideen tree. But theres is a test for this. then he asked have you ever broken a commandent that Allah has made for the believers? (or somewhere along those lines)

Furthermore Shaytan knows every word in the Qur'an and he knows the Sunnah of the Nabi Muhammad (saw) he's the biggest enemy because he knows what the truth is and he trys to mislead people from it.

"But its easy for an Imam to be a victim of this especially one not from the West and use this experience as a reference (and a tool) to fire up the masses to hate." if thats the way you see it thats your opinion

Allah knows best but as Muslims we shouldnt hate the disbelievers but we should hate disbelief.

"If they all die for whatever reason than so be it but I'd rather lose my life learning about Islam than learning about why everyone thinks I'm a terrorist."

Rightfully so Learning about Islam is are first duty but one of the things i like to do is read other books whatever it may be from Immigration, political philosophy, the Bible, western and eastern History etc etc, then I open up the Qur'an and reflect upon it even more i read threw Hadith. i look for the solutions it also helps me understand better what it is Allah has been trying to tell the Muslims and the disbelievers. we all can obtain and abdunent amount of knowledge but we also have to know how to apply it in this day and age.

And as I always say Allah knows best so i will leave you with some words from the Glorious Qur'an: Surah 3:135-147

135. And those who, having done something to be ashamed of, or wronged their own souls, earnestly bring Allah to mind, and ask for forgiveness for their sins,- and who can forgive sins except Allah.- and are never obstinate in persisting knowingly in (the wrong) they have done. 136. For such the reward is forgiveness from their Lord, and Gardens with rivers flowing underneath,- an eternal dwelling: How excellent a recompense for those who work (and strive)! 137. Many were the Ways of Life that have passed away before you: travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who rejected Truth. 138. Here is a plain statement to men, a guidance and instruction to those who fear Allah. 139. So lose not heart, nor fall into despair: For ye must gain mastery if ye are true in Faith. 140. If a wound hath touched you, be sure a similar wound hath touched the others. Such days (of varying fortunes) We give to men and men by turns: that Allah may know those that believe, and that He may take to Himself from your ranks Martyr-witnesses (to Truth). And Allah loveth not those that do wrong. 141. Allah.s object also is to purge those that are true in Faith and to deprive of blessing Those that resist Faith. 142. Did ye think that ye would enter Heaven without Allah testing those of you who fought hard (In His Cause) and remained steadfast? 143. Ye did indeed wish for death before ye met him: Now ye have seen him with your own eyes, (And ye flinch!) 144. Muhammad is no more than an apostle: many Were the apostle that passed away before him. If he died or were slain, will ye then Turn back on your heels? If any did turn back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah. but Allah (on the other hand) will swiftly reward those who (serve Him) with gratitude. 145. Nor can a soul die except by Allah.s leave, the term being fixed as by writing. If any do desire a reward in this life, We shall give it to him; and if any do desire a reward in the Hereafter, We shall give it to him. And swiftly shall We reward those that (serve us with) gratitude. 146. How many of the prophets fought (in Allah.s way), and with them (fought) Large bands of godly men? but they never lost heart if they met with disaster in Allah.s way, nor did they weaken (in will) nor give in. And Allah Loves those who are firm and steadfast. 147. All that they said was: "Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and anything We may have done that transgressed our duty: Establish our feet firmly, and help us against those that resist Faith."

and May Allah protect alll the Muslims from Shaytan the Accursed

Surah 114. Mankind

1. Say: I seek refuge with the Lord and Cherisher of Mankind, 2. The King (or Ruler) of Mankind, 3. The Allah (for judge) of Mankind,- 4. From the mischief of the Whisperer (of Evil), who withdraws (after his whisper),- 5. (The same) who whispers into the hearts of Mankind,- 6. Among Jinns and among men.

Edited by Allahuakbar501
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 9:25pm

Dear Allahuakbar501, Please be away from all politics. Those maulvis are giving sermons for Jihad to young people but they themselves or their children do not go in the field for Jihad.

There are people suffering very badly in some Muslim countries and that hurts us very much. But is that the result of just one day>>> No. It is the result of bad thinking of many years even centuries. If you look back, say Afghanistan for example, what did the people do there?? Was there any democracy??? Was there any free speech allowed there?? If not then why??? And where were these fiery speakers in those days.

The problem in Makkah was that people did not allow free speech. They were worshipping the idols. When holy prophet arrived and started preaching, they opposed him and told him to keep quiet. The prophet said, O My people, you say what you want to say and let me say what I want to say. But the pagans replied, "We will say whatever we like but we will not let you say what you want to say". That was the problem at the root.

The struggle continued until final victory of the prophet s.a.w.s. Then every one, all religions, could say decently what they liked. There was complete freedom of speech. You Allahuakbar501 please tell me, is there such a freedom in S. Arabia. or in any other Muslim country?? You have all the troubles at home and you want to go out and fight the enemies. What for??

Please don't mind what I have said. These maulvis do try to prove that the mission of the prophet s.a.w.s. was political or partly political. Far from that. Absolutely not like that. It was not like that but his enemies made it political. So he had to come out in the field.

Please have a greater, wider outlook. Some are deliviering sermons. Others are writing books. I know one great (very great) maulvi who wrote that Islam was spread by sword. Astaghfir u Allah.

Edited by minuteman
Allahuakbar501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allahuakbar501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 10:00pm

You Allahuakbar501 please tell me, is there such a freedom in S. Arabia. or in any other Muslim country?? You have all the troubles at home and you want to go out and fight the enemies. What for??

well first we have to look at what the word freedom really means the word freedom the way i see it means the condition of being free; the power to act or speak or think without externally imposed restraint; immunity from an obligation or duty.

There is no freedom if there is laws so theres no such thing as freedom even in the U.S. either but this so called democracy that we live in is a joke i can get into more of my opinions about that but answer me this how does democracy/U.S. system government compare to the Shari'a? Because a Muslim country isnt a Muslim country unless it follows the laws completely according to Qur'an and Sunnah it may be a Country filled with Muslims but that doesnt means its a Muslim country like wise because America is predominately filled with Christians it doesnt make America a Christian Country. As far as Fighting the Enemies it can be done with the Sword of the Intellect and the sword of steel if thats what it comes down to.

I know that we have plenty of troubles in are midst here in the west so i believe its obligatory to speak the Haqq even to those who want to plug their ears.

"others are writing books" well here is one i think you should read http://abdurrahman.org/jihad/MashariAl-AshwaqilaMasarial-Ush aaq-RevisedEdition.pdf

"some are delivering sermons" well here is a lecture you should listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qi5byD0V7Q

If you read that book and listen to that lecture on the book constants on the path of jihad on youtube by Imam Anwar Al Awaki Inshaa'Allah reflect on them then come back and give me your stand point like ive stated im not here to cause Fitnah im here to build my knowledge in the deen and help spread it and spread what i already know Inshaa'Allah...Wassalam

Edited by Allahuakbar501
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 4:05am

Thanks for the sites. I will check. And may you enjoy learning the truth. Keep trying.  I had pointed out that the world is a global village now. We are not worried about less or more freedom in the US. We are to see what we are doing. Are we believing in the right thing or wrong thing. Do we abuse every good thing or are we patient in listening. There are all sorts of people here. Many sects, some are far away from the right path.

I definitely believe that there cannot be a fight for the religion with sword or bomb, to protect the religion or to spread it. That is definite. But if any one wants to do Jihad by preaching peacefully then I would go for that. That should be the right of every one of every religion as long as they do not use foul language and as long as others do not act like an enemy of Islam.

So my first priority would be the peaceful preaching (Some people call it Dawah). The second priority is to listen to all peacefully.

I could ask you a simple question. Do you believe that Islam was spread by sword?? I hope you do not mind my asking.

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 8:45am

Sorry,  I tried but I could not read anything because it needed special program to see it. But I found it was about wars. So I was not interested. I have informed you that I could not read that / visit those sites.

It is better that you tell something from yourself instead of referring me to some one else. You may learn from that fellow writer / speaker and after that you can teach me yourself. Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic