IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - This is why Palestine will not succeed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This is why Palestine will not succeed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2007 at 11:30pm

Its quite easy to get lost in ones passion by ignorantly commenting on the wrong thing. If I had long hair I'd be pulling it out. Sigh (or Sign Reader) as far as your concern and others I'm not even Muslim so save the incognito speech about me being "new to Islam."

Tara,

the first few sentences didn't make sense to me. Where did I say that I am passionate about Israeli children? Can you copy and paste it for me or was that something you simply drew out of my post? My position was, where is the solution to the situation? It is quite easy to go and recycle the suffering of others but what is the solution? Yes so many Muslims talk big about the suffering of a people but no solution, oh wait, let me see its the colonial chain that is holding you back? If you all cheer for their defiqance through violence then that is fine because its what you believe. I surely don't.

Abu Mujahid View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Mujahid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2007 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

. What about Africans? What about Sudan? Women being raped everyday. .

Israfil.

Who said Sudanese women are being raped everyday by Sudan Army? You must check your facts before your claim become another  hearsay.

I have been in Darfur, Khartoum, Port Sudan, Jubba, Malakal, Wad Madani, Kassala, Sinnar, Obied and rest of Sudan for many times. Jewish Media and its American child recipient claims are far from truth. You can say what about Arab media?! They are no better as all their sources are always from Reuters, AFP and AP a Jewish Cooperate media Global Monsters.

What happen there is neither genocide as Bush cried out without shame nor holucust. if there is any it should be on Palestinians. Darfur people was caught between a warring parties: Legitmate governmet forces and outlaws bandit: American/British lackeys who want to destroy the unity of Sudan territorial integrity by voilence means. The result is this 200K etc exodus which west want to manupilate for regime change in Khartoum.

Hope you read world politics with wide open eyes.

Abu Mujahid

Edited by Abu Mujahid
Islam need true muslims
Tara View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 6:22am

Salaam Alaykum,

I don't know brother Israfil but instead of learning or at least trying to understand the factual representation...you get and still ask for more leaves me confused. The subject of why Palestine won't win and you bring up babies die everday, a mother microwaved her baby, and millions of babies die in Africa. The factual representation that Palestine will not succeed is were in your head? We have presented facts now bring yours to the table or I might be under the impression that you see this as a won lose thing. Thats the thinking that gets Israel/Palestine into lack of dialouge...and us into disagreements. The above mentioned material have won awards worldwide and this book was published by the Oxford press with scores of International Laywers and Middle East scholars. The history is fascinating and surprising how it all came to be an ethnic cleansing. Remember this is our holy land our prophet Peace Be Unto him traveled there by a miracle of Allah SAW. He visited all of the holiest sight in one night and this masjid was one of them. This is our holy land and if you don't want to face the facts that there will be nothing left of the Palestinan people from the current ethnic cleansing than sir you might want to dig deeper into the facts. The prophet Pece Be Unto Him said don't waste your time trying to to teach he who has no interest in knowledge. It is senseless. You have your beliefs and thats fine with me.

Wasalaam

Tara

Tara View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 6:35am

Salaam Alaykum,

I was never under the impression you were are muslim. As you stated I am not even muslim...therefore you understand that because you are not , now you have been revealed a truth from many muslims. that many people of the book or whatever you believe, now may understand. My impression that you were a non muslim was very strong I was just confused why you chose the Avatar of Allah SAW to represent you on this site? Did you think it was pretty? It is. I wear that Allah pendant around my neck everyday..It is the arabic Allah SAW and it is very special to me. I hope you learned about us here. We are not violent, militant. We are just people.

Masalaam

Tara

Tara View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 6:36am
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Its quite easy to get lost in ones passion by ignorantly commenting on the wrong thing. If I had long hair I'd be pulling it out. Sigh (or Sign Reader) as far as your concern and others I'm not even Muslim so save the incognito speech about me being "new to Islam."

Tara,

the first few sentences didn't make sense to me. Where did I say that I am passionate about Israeli children? Can you copy and paste it for me or was that something you simply drew out of my post? My position was, where is the solution to the situation? It is quite easy to go and recycle the suffering of others but what is the solution? Yes so many Muslims talk big about the suffering of a people but no solution, oh wait, let me see its the colonial chain that is holding you back? If you all cheer for their defiqance through violence then that is fine because its what you believe. I surely don't.

hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 7:06am
Peace Brothers and SIsters,

Here is an article on the translation of one of the shows in question -
(since the Farfur show is what started this thread "This is why Palestine
will not succeed" , I'll stay on that topic)

http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/brian_whitaker/2007/05/a
rabic_un
der_fire.html

>There were only five episodes with the mouse before he was taken off
the air (from April 2007-June 2007)

A piece from the above article:
Several commentators, such as CNN's Arabic department, have pointed
out translation errors in the transcript of the April 13 show (2007)
provided by MEMRI. Brian Whitaker, the Middle East editor for the
Guardian newspaper (UK), wrote in a blog for the newspaper that in the
translation of the video, showing Farfur eliciting political comments from
a young girl called "Sanabel", the MEMRI transcript misrepresents the
segment, by attributing a sentence said by Farfur, ("I'll shoot"), to the
child, and ignoring the child's statement ("I'm going to draw a picture").

Edited by Jamal Morelli
Duende View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 8:27am
Good old MEMRI. They're responsible for the world believing Iran called
for Israel to be wiped off the map ... It's an organisation run by Jews.

Israfil is right to question every source, they each have a bias, just as
most of us do here. We all watch the news reports and read behind those
too, and then we make up our minds. It is not wrong to be opinionated,
but it is dangerous to be unmovable in your opinions, since this will lead
to extremism. However, he must be aware that in the US it is extremely
difficult to get news about Palestine which is not specifically biased in
favour of the official Israeli line.

To ask what good thing Hamas have done is naive in the extreme. As a
local political force, they have won the firm backing of their voters in a
democratic election far cleaner than most US Presidentials i.e no court of
law had to decide who was the winner. The people made a clear
statement in favour of an Islamist party which promised and provided
local services and institutions. This is all they need in a democratic
society, to claim power. However, Al Fatah and Israel, along with the
opinionated International community could not allow democracy to occur,
in these circumstances. Funnily enough, in Iraq, where democracy
brought them the outcome they preferred, they allowed the useless
current government to take power. Abbas and Al-fatah are no more than
lackeys for the Israeli/International community.

When will people start to question why it is that the side which has
suffered consistently (Palestine) is the one which must make all the
concessions? When will the international community recognise a State of
Palestine and stop imposing upon the Palestinians that they recognise the
state of Israel, before starting negotiations, when Israel has no intention
of ever recognising such a state?

Israfil you keep shooting yourself in the foot. You claim to be a Moslem
and yet you sometimes make shocking statements like: "I won't support
Hamas just because they're Moslems" which turn other Moslems against
you.

You are then siding with the likes of so-called 'Moderate Muslims' like
Abbas and his lot, who are kissing pals with Olmert and his lot. The term
'Moderate Muslim' was invented by the west to indicate someone they felt
they could manipulate around to their agenda.Someone who could adhere
to their opinions.

Just because Israel has more firepower and more political clout does not
mean Palestine should lay down their arms and cower in the corner,
wating for the next Red Cross meal. What choice are they given? They're
encouraged to hold elections, and when they do, oops, sorry guys, you
can't have THEM. Just like Egypt, Algeria and Chechenya ...
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 12:14pm

Duende your position of my views I totally respect.

I guess my problem here are the conveyence of my words. Let me clarify a few things:

I don't support ANY group that condones violence to prove a point

I don't condone ANY group that uses religion w/violence to promote

I do codone defense

I do condone equal rights

I do condone the right to live and to pursue happiness.

Now if an Israeli soldier is bulldozing a Palestinians house that man/woman or whoever has a right to defend their property especially if the reason is not just. Yes that man or woman has a right to do whatever is necessary to defend their home. But I'm areligious in this respect because this right is extended to all human groups. Let me clarify my position with Hamas clearly:

I do not support them NOT because they're Muslim but because they use excessive aggression  in the past to promote their motives.

Just because they were elected "cleaner" than any U.S presidential election does not mean they are more moral than any U.S elected official. There are ways to convince the general public that a group has their best interest. If you have one pissed off group representing a group of pissed off people which is likely majority of the Palestinians then it becomes obvious who is more likely to win. But this does not mean their motives are moral.

So again let's stop this "Oh Israfil is not a muslim because he doesn't support Palestine crap" I'm not saying you said it Duende because you didn't actually you offered a better opinion so far. What I'm saying is I disagree with Hamas and their position and I do not support them. I don't even support Fatah because in the past they have shown to be corrupt themselves. I only support any idealist who wants change through non-violent means this goes both to Israeli or Palestinian. But to question someones faith simply because they differ in their opinion is st**id way of insulting someone. that is like me calling you st**id for not agreeing with Statistical methodology.

Now that I've cleared this up if my faith is continued to be questioned after this then I'll have to question the intelligence level of individuals here because nowhere in what I've said here is criticizing the people. Now I understand some of you equate Hamas with the people now this is a matter of perception I suppose. I don't see a group as a reflection of millions of people because there is always a percentage that disagrees with the majority. In that respect I hold Hamas to represent the majority. Now even if I criticize the majority group does not mean I criticize the people because frankly, the majority party which is Hamas should rightfully represent the people.

So far, the condition of the people has not changed since they have been in power and grant it, the U.S is biased and will not have dialogue with Hamas which is the U.S. fault and Israel's because they should at least try and make an attempt. But the fact of the matter is this whole situation is complex and until someone steps up and becomes the becon of change we will continue to discuss the suffering of people.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
  Share Topic