IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Problem of Hell (What to Do There?)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Problem of Hell (What to Do There?)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2007 at 10:20pm

>>>>Read the Quran from cover to cover - listen to it. If things still don't
make sense...well, boo - different strokes.<<<<

You are obviously no Scholar in your own religion much less a knowledgable individual. Why would you suggest to a person with limited knowledge on a "foreign" religion to read something without help? Or, wouldn't the best advice to give me would be to ask a scholar or what you guys say-an Alim?

I've done the above and the examples given to me but learned individuals are great-in fact make perfect sense to me because they correspond to my life now but i'm more concerned by the reception I get when I'm asking a legitimate question. You do no service to your faith when I interpret the last part of your comment as "If you don't understand it then your S--t out of luck...hmmm

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2007 at 2:15am

Fallen the  confusions arising in your minds are obvious.

Even to a lesser degree why would he condemn someone for simply not following doctrine word for word?"

Answer to this question of yours is as follows :
One of the attributes of Allah ta'ala is Al-Adl i.e The just. And we believe as per the verses of Qur'an say that on the day of judgement all of us are dealt with Just. Even the smallest deed of ours will be rewarded and none of our deeds are hidden. If someone is good then he's rewarded in this world. But since he does n't believe in the Truth of one God and His Books and His messengers, is that person not doing a great sin. The only God who cares us so much, and a person whoever he is, experiences the favours of God daily, will it be not his duty to believe Him and thus pray Him. Everyone of us experiences some unseen helping hand in our lives, be it a muslim or a non-muslim. But when he realises this help then he humbles himselves and thanks him.

If suppose you are employed in a office and you are very sincere and good employee. But you say that i will do my assigned work at home without following these formalities like coming to the Office , sitting on the table, these attendance, meetings etc. Its like you are saying what matters the employer is work na, so i will do it anywhere. So do u expect your employer to be soft to then. Yeah being in a office if u commit some minor mistakes then he may overlook them and pay u. But when u are n't following his commands and the rules of the office, -----What would you be the results? This may seem  a st**id example. But i was trying to explain .

So we are taught as how to thank Him and how to lead a life in this world and thus make it successful hereafter.Islam is a religion with no single side-effects and a complete religion
 It guides a human being in all aspects of his llife as well as a society.  These teachings are found in a revealed Book -Holy Qur'an. Most of us recommend Qur'an since we as a human being may commit a mistake anywhere while explanations ,whereas this word of God {Holy Quran}, is obviously unchanged and answers all of your questions and confusions prevailing. Remember none of the verse in changed as Allah  Himselves had taken its responsibility. Even today we see this miracle happening that these universally applicable verses are as fresh and advantageous in every walk of our life. So while goig thru Qur'an if you do not understand any of the verses then u may please discuss here. Alhamdullilah we have good panel of members at IC, insha-allah {If Allah wills} , lets all discuss here. But there is sometimes need of scholars too as they understand better and obviously there deep study makes  them scholars. There knowledge when supported by the verses of Qur'an and hadith helps us than a person like me who goes thru a page and makes blah blah. Naturally we sometimes need to consult scholars for assistance.

Anyways, hoping a less frustrated post of yours than previous one.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Douggg View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2007 at 6:30am
Originally posted by SilentScope001 SilentScope001 wrote:

This troubles me so, the thought of me going to Hell. And the problem is...how do I live in Hell? Should I form a cult to worship God so that I don't get punishment? Should I lead a rebellion to try and overthrow God and free Hell? Should I accept my punishment and moan and weep? I don't know.

You should stop playing cute "games" with God.   Your questions for debate are really not purposed for a discussion with "us", but aimed at God.    You are in God's box.  He is not in yours.

Peace,

Doug L.

Edited by Douggg
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2007 at 6:44am
Peace all,

"You are obviously no Scholar in your own religion much less a
knowledgable individual."

It's that obvious? I'm even wearing glasses today.

"Why would you suggest to a person with limited knowledge on a
"foreign" religion to read something without help? "

The Quran does not require a scholar to read.

"Or, wouldn't the best advice to give me would be to ask a scholar or what
you guys say-an Alim?"

Sounds good, Fallen. Our prophet was not a scholar and neither was
anyone in the early Muslim communities - like I said in the first answer,
The Quran does not require a scholar to read it...from sura 54, " And We
have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember..."

"I've done the above and the examples given to me but learned
individuals are great-in fact make perfect sense to me because they
correspond to my life now but i'm more concerned by the reception I get
when I'm asking a legitimate question."

And my previous response was answered in more words than maybe
necessary -
another pass:
We have faith God will not condemn the Good.
We have faith God will not condemn us for minor errors.
However, we don't know what God has planned because God is Great and
Unfathomable.

"You do no service to your faith when I interpret the last part of your
comment as "If you don't understand it then your S--t out of
luck...hmmm"
No need for that, Fallen - in fact, we don't express ourselves like that
here. However, my answer was too chummy - and I am sorry about that.
another pass:
After reading the Quran, talking to scholars, etc. we are left with this:

Surah 109 The Disbelievers - Al-Kafiroon, 6 verses (Makka)

In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Say : O ye that reject Faith!
I worship not that which ye worship,
Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship,
Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
To you be your Way, and to me mine.

Edited by Jamal Morelli
Sawtul Khilafah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawtul Khilafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2007 at 9:43am

Surely those who believe and those who are Jews and the Sabeans and the Christians and the Magians and those who associate (others with Allah)-- surely Allah will decide between them on the day of resurrection; surely Allah is a witness over all things. [Quran:22:17]

Those non-Muslims who have not heard of Islam or who have not understood what Islam is may be forgiven by Allah on the day of Judgement based on their deeds and most important of all, based on their INTENTIONS.

Infact, the first Hadith in Sahih Bukhari (most authentic Islamic book after the Quran) emphasises the importance of Intention:

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for." [Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 1, Number 1]

hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2007 at 4:42am
Amen, Brother.
USA-NIQAABI View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA-NIQAABI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2007 at 4:52am

Assalamu'Alaikum,

I just wanted to add that Religion is just a means to help you with true belief in Allah(swt)....You should start by stating that you have a firm belief in Allah(swt) not in religion....religions aren't perfect and free from those that follow and make mistakes along the way. But Allah(swt) is perfect and is in control and in full knowledge of all that we know and do not know.

Secondly, you need to pray for guidance first and if you choose to be a muslim and submit to Allah(swt) than you should do so by seeking out your local masjid there will be many people there eager to help you with all of your questions...If you don't know of a local mosque please post your city and state and someone here can post a link for a local mosque in your area.

Thirdly, In the Quran it states clearly that Allah(swt) is most merciful and if you have done an atoms weight of good or bad in your life all will be held in account to your final destination for eternal life. It also tells us about the life in hell and it is a very painfilled one indeed and the Angels appointed to carry out Allahs(swt) wishes for those destined for hell will do so in full force and without recompense...

Fourthly, if you are a muslim and stray and fall short of qualifying for Jannah(paradise) on the day of judgement Prophet Muhaamad(pbuh) will be able to intervene and request for those muslims in the hell fire to be spared and allowed to enter into Jannah...Whatever Allah(swt) decides will be the final decision for that individual for all of eternity.

The best place to start when concerned with your actions and intentions in this life that is truly short in duration is to start with yourself...Once you have committed to wanting a better life and future life for yourself you will be able to seek out the help you will need in attaining this.

MasSalaama

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2007 at 5:16am

I agree with USA Niqabbi.. good post

That is truly the fasicniating thing..we have ben given the Quran and we "know" what we should do but we do not know if what we do is enough. And we won't know until Judgement Day.

There is that uncertainty. I always think of that first line: In the name of Allah, the most beneficient, the most merciful". Pray for mercy.

So maybe pray harder for forgiveness and seek to do good.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic