IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - mom sharing a bed with her kids  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mom sharing a bed with her kids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmTaaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2007 at 6:49pm

Dear Rookaiya,

Kids do not need to be bathed by their mothers after 6 at the most. Rather by this age, they come to love playing in water by themselves.

It is okay for a mom to supervise her sons before this age.

Not sure till what age this will be permissible, but I dont see any necessity after 6 yrs.

Edited by UmmTaaha
Adab with Allah is the proper fruit of obedience - Habib Ali Jifri
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2007 at 9:27pm

i bath my girls on weekends. all week my 9 yr old bathes herself and her six year old sister and 4 year old brother. but on weekend, i make it my duty to bath each of them. i give them a good scrubbing, cos i feel they too young to do a good job at this age.

thats how i grew up. my mom used to give me a bath on weeknds until i reached puberty. even when i was grown , she would still bath me, if i was ill or she felt i needed a good scrubbing to get all the dirt out.

shymuslima View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shymuslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 2:32am
I have travelled all over the world and in most places in the world the majority of the people all sleep in the same room because of economic reasons. I slept with my daughter and son until my son got to the age where he didn't want to anymore. Yet when we travel together we often share a bed or a room along with his younger sister. I see nothing wrong with it.

Shymuslima
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic