IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - About Dogs?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

About Dogs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

The idea of dogs being dirty (as opposed to cats or other critters) comes from the fact that dogs, and pigs as well, are the only critters who eat feces - true.  Their own or anybody else's.  This is why the saliva of dogs is considered dirty.

It is not a dog versus cat contest, there are good and bad in both and certainly we are to be kind to every creature, even the ones who have disgusting eating habits .

A funny story comes to mind...when I was growing up my family had a beagle (a sweet and gentle dog).  When she would come inside from doing her business outdoors in the winter, my sister and I would find her playing with something - tossing it forward and chasing it and pouncing on it and tossing it again.  We would run for a paper towel because we would always know that the dog had brought in a frozen piece of her "you know what" to play with!  True story .

Peace, ummziba. (cats rule!, sorry, couldn't resist - Ziba made me do it!)

...Jazak Allah Khair....

Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

I wonder why that is, Knowledge.� The most gentle, loyal dog I ever knew was my cousin's dog Bear.� He was half german sheppard, half golden retriever....born black as the night.�

He was so obedient that once my aunt was trying to put her boys in their car seats and he tried to get into the car.� She told him not yet, sit down and wait.� He did.� In her frazzle because Brian was crying, she forgot to tell him it was okay and got in the car, driving off.�

When my Mother went out later to put out her note for the Milk Man, he was still sitting in the exact spot, paw in air, waiting for my Aunt to tell him he could move.

He never bit anyone, always obeyed and was very protective of the two boys.� He brought you a treat (usually an old shoe) whenever you showed up because they got him at halloween.�

Of all the dogs I've owned, that black dog was the most gentle and most obedient and loyal dog I've ever met.

There is alot of superstition that is mixed into religions from the cultures that they originated.� For example the Yule Log and the Christmas tree are pagan symbols transformed into Christian symbols.

Muhammed�(pbuh)�was a mortal man, ever consider he just didn't like dogs?� � Hadiths are not protected like the Quran.�

Besides, having a dog lick you just means you have to renew your wudu.� Same if you have gas.

And as a cat owner.� Cats are not clean...they are covered in spit, just watch one groom once.� LOL

The Prophet Muhammad NEVER spoke of his own opinion on something that had to do with Islam, waalahi. �It is pure disrespect for him, Allah, and every Muslim to say that he did because we KNOW he didn't because ALLAH says in the Qur'an that he didn't.

There is nothing that has to do with culture in Islam. �When one becomes Muslim, Islam rules over culture because there is only ONE creator and He created all of us and each and every culture. �Some Muslims don't follow Islam in this perspective. �Islam didn't orginate from ANY culture, it originated from Allah, from Al Haqq.

There are also NO superstitions in Islam because superstitions is a part of unbelief and unncertainty. �Superstitions usually even have to do with magic, which is a part of what mushrikeen follow and what Islam condemns.
< id="kpfLog" src="http://127.0.0.1:44501/pl.?START_LOG" onload="destroy(this)" STYLE='display: none'>
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 8:26am
sister Suleyman, is that your childhood picture?
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 8:42am

Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

There are also NO superstitions in Islam because superstitions is a part of unbelief and unncertainty.  Superstitions usually even have to do with magic, which is a part of what mushrikeen follow and what Islam condemns.

I don't suppose I should post the endless lists of questioners to Imam's I've found on how to ward off curses and such in Islam?  I could, but it would be a waste of my time.  You know they are out there.

However, everything I've seen about dogs is Hadith.  God said the Quran would be preserved.  Muhammed (pbuh) forbade the Hadiths from being written down because he didn't want what was said as a man to be confused with what was revealed to him by God.  So, yes, there were times, Muhammed (pbuh) spoke as a man and not as a Prophet.

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 8:58am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

sister Suleyman, is that your childhood picture?

No ak,if i'll show you my childhood picture you will understand nothing by the cause of the mud on my face beside of three puppies,i was so noisy...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 9:33am

I don't suppose I should post the endless lists of questioners to Imam's I've found on how to ward off curses and such in Islam?� I could, but it would be a waste of my time.� You know they are out there.

I think you are talking about possession, correct? �Possession exists. �It is when a bad (kuffar) jinn possesses a human. �There are sheikhs which perform excorcisms (removing the jinn from the human). �This is not unIslamic. �But it is not magic or superstition. �It is real, I've seen it with my own two eyes.

I will not go into detail but there are some sects of Islam that believe in magic and curses (not like possession) and have rituals. �This is NOT Islam. �They have deviated from pure Islam.

The dog has nothing to do with either one of these things though. �It is simple, ahadith say that black dogs are shayateen (plural of shaytan). �Like I said, only Allah knows whether every single black dog is a shaytan or whether it is only some black dogs. �Matters such as these are useless to discuss because we simply do not and will not have the knowledge to discus it further than what ahadith say.
< id="kpfLog" src="http://127.0.0.1:44501/pl.?START_LOG" onload="destroy(this)" STYLE='display: none'>
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 9:47am

No, evil eye is cursing, not possession.  Demonic possession (jinn in Islam) is believed by many faiths.  Abrahamic and pagan. 

But, I will accept the only Allah knows.  Sometimes, that is just the best answer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 10:06am

No, evil eye is cursing, not possession.� Demonic possession (jinn in Islam) is believed by many faiths.� Abrahamic and pagan.�

But, I will accept the only Allah knows.� Sometimes, that is just the best answer.

Your definitely right, possession exists in just about all religions although most religions don't know the truth about jinn because they haven't studied Islam. �They simply know there's something there but don't know what it is. �Muslims know what it is because Allah told us in Al Qur'an.
< id="kpfLog" src="http://127.0.0.1:44501/pl.?START_LOG" onload="destroy(this)" STYLE='display: none'> < id="kpfLog" src="http://127.0.0.1:44501/pl.?START_LOG" onload="destroy(this)" STYLE='display: none'>

Edited by Knowledge01
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic