Print Page | Close Window

About Dogs?

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Culture & Community
Forum Name: Groups : Men (Brothers)
Forum Description: Groups : Men (Brothers)
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=832
Printed Date: 29 March 2024 at 1:42am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: About Dogs?
Posted By: Suleyman
Subject: About Dogs?
Date Posted: 05 May 2005 at 12:02pm

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Brothers in Islam,

What do you think about dogs?...do you love?, or hate?...what are the position of the dogs in Islam?...i need some advices absolutely their protections inside the houses...i know some hadiths;but Imam Gahazali's comment on these hadiths and the dogs ares so interesting and deeply...how can we understand the real meanings of these hadiths?...Here is an sample from an traditional Turkish dog which is known as Kangals,i love walking with them while climbing to the higher mountains at the summer vacations,i feel safe for the wolves...they are a little bit big,my uncle feeds,but the pic is taken from the east side of Turkey belonging to a shepard...

Replies:
Posted By: ummziba
Date Posted: 05 May 2005 at 1:25pm

as salaamu alaikum, Suleyman,

Myself, I grew up with dogs (my family were not Muslim).  We always had a dog in the house as a pet.  I loved them and thought they were very nice to have.  When I got married we always had cats, and once, a small dog for a few years.

Then I became a Muslim and found that we are not supposed to keep dogs as pets (only for work, like sheparding or guarding).  It seems that dogs (like pigs) are considered filth.

Well, I was not too upset because, honestly, I love cats much more!  Cats are clean and easy to care for and are a joy to have around the house.  They say that the Prophet (pbuh) loved cats so much that he once cut his garment from around a sleeping cat so as not to disturb it when he had to get up!

Dogs can be very loyal, doing anything for the hand that feeds them.  Cats on the other hand are very picky about who they let into their lives!  I like this about them, they are good judges of character.  Cats are mysterious and very intelligent.  My cat Ziba is like my baby (now that my baby is grown and married!).

Suleyman, you might enjoy a dog, but have you ever had a cat?  Consider the possibility!

Peace, ummziba.

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 05 May 2005 at 8:31pm

I don't think cat lovers should talk about dogs,     as dogs will always become second best

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Posted By: bissmillah
Date Posted: 05 May 2005 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

I don't think cat lovers should talk about dogs,     as dogs will always become second best

one mans meat is another mans poison! opinion opinion is that in the quran? dogs being second best!!! I dont know about that I own thousands of dogs but they dont inspire me as you do angel.... lol

-------------
john16:12-14 U have yet many things to say unto yuo,but Ye cannot bear them now....

Date Posted: 05 May 2005 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

as salaamu alaikum, Suleyman,

Myself, I grew up with dogs (my family were not Muslim).  We always had a dog in the house as a pet.  I loved them and thought they were very nice to have.  When I got married we always had cats, and once, a small dog for a few years.

Then I became a Muslim and found that we are not supposed to keep dogs as pets (only for work, like sheparding or guarding).  It seems that dogs (like pigs) are considered filth.

Well, I was not too upset because, honestly, I love cats much more!  Cats are clean and easy to care for and are a joy to have around the house.  They say that the Prophet (pbuh) loved cats so much that he once cut his garment from around a sleeping cat so as not to disturb it when he had to get up!

Dogs can be very loyal, doing anything for the hand that feeds them.  Cats on the other hand are very picky about who they let into their lives!  I like this about them, they are good judges of character.  Cats are mysterious and very intelligent.  My cat Ziba is like my baby (now that my baby is grown and married!).

Suleyman, you might enjoy a dog, but have you ever had a cat?  Consider the possibility!

Peace, ummziba.

Aleykum Selam ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Sister Ummziba,

Thank you very much for your respond,i have opened to issue to my family their respond was not as long as you;my mother said letting her leave then buying a dog because we are living on a flat...my view from Islam is being forbidden to putting them in the houses and i really had seen it's bad effects(losing the taste of pray and feeling that house is not hygienic),i am not talking about the garden...i have two squirrels caring them at the flat of the balcony,when they had first came i put them into my room then i have realized that their existences in my room effecting the taste of my pray then i put them into the balcony;i think this is the best...

Sister,i also love cats;i am not sure about my mother and the other members of the family...but,i still think on having a Kangal Dog to our summer house where i love to go every summer...i can add a cat to menu...Wa Salaam...

Posted By: IslamicGirl
Date Posted: 07 May 2005 at 5:31am
I love Cats and Dogs!  They are all Allah's Creations.. wasn't there a story of dogs protecting our prophet (PBUH) when he was in trouble?? (this is a story from a Hadith according to my father)

Well, I know dogs have something in their saliva (spit) which makes them unclean (or napark).  Whereas, I do believe cats are a lot cleaner and I agree on ummziba's post where our Prophet loved cats.  I have a cat and he's an amazing creature.. especially when he starts walking you over to a tap that is leaking and hasn't been turned off properly.. or starts to act like a dog and sleeps on his back. 

I have also noticed, whether you wash a dog or not they always have a bad smell about them although they're are cute and they leave saliva everywhere.  Cats cover their waste after they deposit it.. which I think is very intellegent of them.

Just like pigs too.. they are not for humans to consume (as per Allah's command), however besides the fact that we are not suppose to eat or touch them or go near them, I do not believe we should hate them, they are created for a reason on the earth.. whether we know it or not.. we should stay away from them, yet give them respect (ie. not torture them etc).. as they have feelings too.

-------------
*Islamic Girl*

Date Posted: 07 May 2005 at 6:34am

Originally posted by IslamicGirl IslamicGirl wrote:

I have also noticed, whether you wash a dog or not they always have a bad smell about them

That comes down to what they eat, I found that with my dog, certain bones I think it is lamb, she will have that doggie smell not long after having a bath, otherwise stays nice smelling longtime after.

Quote although they're are cute and they leave saliva everywhere. 

That is for a few breeds, not all dog leave saliva everywhere, my dog doesn't leave saliva everywhere.

I have a cat also, he dominates the house or so he thinks

-------------

Date Posted: 07 May 2005 at 6:36am
bissmillah, silly remark

-------------

Posted By: ZamanH
Date Posted: 08 May 2005 at 12:12pm
I love dogs. My mom does not let them in to the house but I feed one dog (its a stray dog, i mean) almost daily at night.

-------------
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet

Date Posted: 08 May 2005 at 12:14pm

Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

I love dogs. My mom does not let them in to the house but I feed one dog (its a stray dog, i mean) almost daily at night.

Good,i think i can not make an agreement with my mom on Kangal Dog;but i am sure i can take for Irish Setter...

Date Posted: 09 May 2005 at 4:07pm

as salaamu alaikum brother Suleyman,

You might like to check out this:

http://www.islamonline.net/fatwaapplication/english/display.asp?hFatwaID=124267 - http://www.islamonline.net/fatwaapplication/english/display. asp?hFatwaID=124267

At the bottom of the article there is a part "You can also read" which has five more articles on the subject of dogs. 

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 May 2005 at 8:43pm

as salaamu alaikum brother Suleyman,

You might like to check out this:

http://www.islamonline.net/fatwaapplication/english/display.asp?hFatwaID=124267 - http://www.islamonline.net/fatwaapplication/english/display. asp?hFatwaID=124267

At the bottom of the article there is a part "You can also read" which has five more articles on the subject of dogs. 

Peace, ummziba.

Aleykum Selam ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Sister UmmzibaThank u very much,i'll give the consider after i have turn back from the job...Wa Salaam..

Posted By: falcon_shark
Date Posted: 14 May 2005 at 12:21pm
Dogs are considered filthy in Islam. Mainly because they lick their behinds are generally badly behaved. They should be avoided if at all possible.

Posted By: Moona
Date Posted: 30 April 2006 at 11:31am
Three years before I became a muslim and married my husband,I had a dog I loved with all my heart. She was a beautiful Chocolate Labrador who gave me alot of joy,and helped me to feel much less lonely. We did everything together,long hikes in nature,swimming in the ocean..I loved her a great deal. But,when I got married,I realized that she (being a big dog and not accostomed to living outside the home)could not survive in Jordan.Everytime I spoke with my husbands family about her,about having to give her away,I would break down in big tears.But,I had to do the best thing for her,and find her a great family that would love her as much as I had. It's been more than 3 years since I gave her away,and I still miss her. We are currently in America,but the family that took her wont allow me to see her because I am muslim.My husband does not understand what pets' give to you.But has promised me that when we return home,he will get me all the animals I want that can live outside the home.When I first visited Jordan,I got to ride a camel,and fell instantly in love with them. So,when we go home,he has promised to get me my own camel and a horse as well,and probably a cat,as well as other farm animals.Right now,my only pet is a Goldfish,and just to show you how silly I am,I dote on this fish!  Alway's doing my best to take very good care of it! LOL   Being raised non muslim and with alot of indoor animals,especailly my family always had a dog,it was a bit of a challenge to understand why dogs are considered dirty animals.(I kept my dog VERY clean) Anyway,this has been my expeirence.*****Moona

-------------
Moonie

Posted By: jajabinks101
Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 12:22pm

Hi

Im a recent convert to islam, in my heart, i know what muslims feel about dogs..and cats...i have both.

but Allah created everything that lives on this earth, and he allows us to enjoy life, so suerly if that includes a dog as a pet, then that can not be wrong....I can not stop feeling for my pets becuase i have converted to islam...they have been with me for the best part of 8 years now...and are part of my family....

Dogs are only dirty if you allow them to be, we as muslims are expected to be clean, so, my pets will be too...i have a responsibility to any living creature, without the ability to defend its self...evil is in abundance outside islam, love grace and caring within..let us not be like those who hurt and injure Allahs creations..let us love and cherish all life that allah has put on this earth

-------------
lessons can be learnt from the past. if we want to learn.
Mistakes can be avoided, if we wish to avoid them.
Good will prevail over evil,how many have to die in the mean time.
Peace be upon us all

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 07 June 2006 at 10:23am

Every animal is differnet. I love them all. I volunteer at the Humane Society giving attention and helping the animals. I can see the difference as they can get very depressed being in a cage. I just shower before doing prayers. I have a strong fondness for elephants but cannot have one as a pet

All creatures are given to the earth as we are. We should treat them with respect and dignity. Just as will all living creatures. As when we kill for meet it must be done in a halal way. This includes, I believe a blessing of thanks. We are ending a life and should show appreciation in recognition of this (I believe.)

Dogs are considered filthy in Islam. Mainly because they lick their behinds are generally badly behaved. They should be avoided if at all possible.

Most dogs are not badly behaved. Only dogs rasied poorly. Most dogs will give their life for you. Cats also lick all over.... Some peple are very dirty due to poor hygeine or their work, etc.? Should we avoid them?

I did a voulnteer trip to Thailand helping out at an Elephant Nature Park, a place for rescued elephants. No way could I be pristine and clean. I was doing good to make the world better. That is why it is a blessing to have soap and water.

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 1:14pm

hello brother Hayfa

Thank you so much for your comments, and may blessings of allah be upon you for all the kind work you do for animlas, in thehumane society, and by what you write here.

I fully respect the teachings od the written word of Islam, and i will live by the word...I will not however, become party to killing any creature put on this Earth by allah...

It is so true...Dogs are what they are, because of the way we as humans bring them up...many people are more dirty than any dog, but would we ill treat them or abuse them, no we would not, and allah would not have us do so either. should we be guilty of the ill treatment of any human, or dog, we would not be living for the word of Allah.

Elephants too are Allah's creation, as are bugs, reptiles, and anything else living that walks, crawls, or survives on the earth. I can not and will not be party to any rejection or mis treatment of any creature, and I admire you for your work brother Hayfa.

I had an alsatian dog, who is now bleesed in the presence of paradise, who without any training, and by simple instinct, pulled a young boy from a river when he got into difficulties, my devotion and respect for that one animal lasted its whole life, and beyond.

i have much respect for the views of my brothers and sisters, but they muct know, that a dog would gladly give its life for us, if only in return for some love, affection, and food, during its mortal time here on Allahs Earth..Brother hayfa is right, it costs very little to wash in soap and clean water. Do not let two such things stand in the way of a loyal and devoted friend. My learning of Islam is growing, I have a dog at the moment i will not give her away, I will in respect of Islam, not get any further dogs as pets, but I will continue to help in the way of the Humane society, and other charities that seek to help these poor animals, who like us, did not choose to be born to this Earth.

-------------
Peace be upon us all

Posted By: superme
Date Posted: 04 July 2006 at 2:54pm

I never know dog, never live even a minute with them let alone owning it. But from my observation I don't see anything wrong with them.

I think because dogs are friendly animals which will make the human owners forget that they are animals by treating them equally like humans. It will make the human master retreat from human association. Possible?

Date Posted: 05 July 2006 at 5:03am

Hi Supreme

you are so right...dogs are loyal, friendly and devoted animals, if you treat them with the love that any animal deserves, they will be loyal for life.....they have feelings of emotion, and they feel pain, they think and they love too..the only difference between them and us, is they cant talk...

I follow islam, but will not hurt, or abandon any animal i have, or that may need help and shelter in the future. Allah will not think badly of this, he created these creatures in the first place, so we muct care for them, as he would expect.

peace to all

-------------
Peace be upon us all

Posted By: Patty
Date Posted: 05 July 2006 at 6:29pm

My husband and I have an African dog, the Rhodesian Ridgeback.  He is a very gentle giant.  We always bath him, I brush his teeth with a doggie toothbrush and toothpaste.  We take him to the vet's for grooming, such as trimming his toenails and keeping his "shots" up to date.  He is probably better behaved than most small children.  He follows all our commands.  If I am upset, he knows it, and will lay his head on my knee and look up at me with his big, brown eyes.  He loves to play with us and his stuffed animals.  He has NO bad odor and he does not have saliva coming from his mouth.  He loves children and nice people.  We live far out in the woods, so he never had to be fenced in or chained.  But he refuses to leave the yard when he is outside unless we hike in the woods with him.  He wants us around when he's running in the woods.  He has his own little room across from our bedroom, where he sleeps on his own dog bed.  We love him very much, and he loves us just as much.  Here is a picture of "Ridge" if you would like to see him.

-------------
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.

Date Posted: 06 July 2006 at 5:04am

Maash'allah,Very nice dog,Dear Patty,it seems so clean and well feeded,here mines comes if the link appears,picked up at our summer house while they are guarding the zone...They are Kangals but not the pure ones,we used to have the pure ones but the villagers beside our summer house refused them for their big bodies scaring the other dogs and children they say,they were right...

Date Posted: 06 July 2006 at 7:47am

Oh, Suleyman, they are wonderful dogs!  I love dogs, they are so faithful and loving.  It's very sad that some people abuse them and don't understand that they have feelings too.

I like to watch The Animal Planet here on television.  They show many big Championship shows, which chooses a champion dog from every type....like herding dogs, hunting dogs, hounds, miniature dogs, etc.  I have seen your sheep herding dogs on there.  They win a lot of awards, and are very beautiful dogs.  They are really BIG, but big dogs are not any more to be feared than a little poodle.  It's how the dog's "person" trains the dog that matters.  It's up to the owner to properly teach and instruct the dog in how it is to behave properly...just like we do with little children.  (Our big dog, Ridge, sleeps in his cushioned dog bed with a little stuffed animal.  He loves his stuffed animals........and his favorite people are little children.  He seems to sense they will never hurt him, and he recognizes their innocence.

Also, many dogs perform some great services.  They help lead the blind, the sniff out drugs and explosives, they search for persons who have been trapped in earthquakes or explosions, and they find missing people in the woods.  They have also saved people many times by pulling them out of the water when they were drowning.  I love dogs and believe God gave them to us as a "gift".  I once heard a saying that the only thing bad about dogs is that they "don't live long enough".  I cannot imagine what my life will be like without Ridge when he finally is gone.  It will be very sad at our home.

Here is a picture of Ridge swimming with me in the Bay behind our cottage:

Here he's in a "contemplative" mood:

God's Peace!

-------------
Patty

Date Posted: 06 July 2006 at 7:50am

Suleyman, I also meant to say that your gardens and flowers are BEAUTIFUL!!!  What a lovely place you live in. 

Peace to you....

-------------
Patty

Date Posted: 07 July 2006 at 11:51am

Hi Patty and suleyman,

Thankyou both for taking time to write on this subject. What wonderful dogs you both have, and what lovely writing, about a subject very close to my heart...

t is so nice to see so many who love the creation of  Allah, i hope others now see that dogs only show the difference, because they can not talk..they feel, love, cry, and suffer like any human, and are certainly more well behaved than many humans, let alone children

A

-------------
Peace be upon us all

Posted By: Knowledge01
Date Posted: 12 July 2006 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Brothers in Islam,

�What do you think about dogs?...do you love?, or hate?...what are the position of the dogs in Islam?...i need some advices absolutely their protections inside the houses...i know some hadiths;but Imam Gahazali's comment on these hadiths and the�dogs ares so interesting and deeply...how can we understand the real meanings of these hadiths?...Here is an�sample from�an�traditional Turkish dog which is known as Kangals,i love walking with them while climbing to the higher mountains at the summer vacations,i feel safe for the wolves...they are a little bit big,my uncle feeds,but the pic is taken from the east side of Turkey belonging to a shepard...

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Dogs are generally misunderstod in Islam and the Islamic perspective�of�dogs is generally misunderstood.

We should not hate or love dogs. �Not all dogs are bad, not all dogs are good.

The ahadith on this subject say one thing and which is that dogs which are ALL black are shayateen. �So naturally, you should stay away from them.

I have been asked if ALL DOGS which are all black are shayateen. �There is a simple answer to this- Allahu Alim.
< id="kpfLog" src="http://127.0.0.1:44501/pl.?START_LOG" onload="destroy(this)" STYLE='display: none'>

Posted By: Angela
Date Posted: 12 July 2006 at 1:18pm

I wonder why that is, Knowledge.  The most gentle, loyal dog I ever knew was my cousin's dog Bear.  He was half german sheppard, half golden retriever....born black as the night. 

He was so obedient that once my aunt was trying to put her boys in their car seats and he tried to get into the car.  She told him not yet, sit down and wait.  He did.  In her frazzle because Brian was crying, she forgot to tell him it was okay and got in the car, driving off. 

When my Mother went out later to put out her note for the Milk Man, he was still sitting in the exact spot, paw in air, waiting for my Aunt to tell him he could move.

He never bit anyone, always obeyed and was very protective of the two boys.  He brought you a treat (usually an old shoe) whenever you showed up because they got him at halloween. 

Of all the dogs I've owned, that black dog was the most gentle and most obedient and loyal dog I've ever met.

There is alot of superstition that is mixed into religions from the cultures that they originated.  For example the Yule Log and the Christmas tree are pagan symbols transformed into Christian symbols.

Muhammed (pbuh) was a mortal man, ever consider he just didn't like dogs?    Hadiths are not protected like the Quran. 

Besides, having a dog lick you just means you have to renew your wudu.  Same if you have gas.

And as a cat owner.  Cats are not clean...they are covered in spit, just watch one groom once.  LOL

Date Posted: 12 July 2006 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

And as a cat owner.  Cats are not clean...they are covered in spit, just watch one groom once.  LOL

Run Angela Run!,before Sister Ummziba reads these words...Ziba is her cat's name and Umm means mother of "Ziba"...

Date Posted: 12 July 2006 at 1:31pm
I love dogs outside of the house and normally we feed them for security,you know Dobermans do bark too much and can harm children,i love Kangals,one of it moves with my mom in the darkness while my mom goes to her sisters house,he follows and controls where she goes and waits in front of the door step till she turns back from the house then walks back with my mom till to the door of our house...i feel so relax with his help while i work in the city i can only go at the weekends...also in country side there can be some wild animals may enter to the garden something like snake or some type of wolves,they also control them,i see them as the blessings of Allah...

Date Posted: 12 July 2006 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Run Angela Run!,before Sister Ummziba reads these words...Ziba is her cat's name and Umm means mother of "Ziba"...

Then call me UmmChabat

Date Posted: 12 July 2006 at 1:53pm

...wonderful one!....

Date Posted: 12 July 2006 at 1:54pm

Oh Angela, them's fighting words   !!!

Seriously though, many Muslims have a skewed idea about dogs.  All the ones I've met in person not only are afraid of dogs, they also hate them.  This is plain wrong as we are supposed to be kind and humane to all of Allahs creatures.

The idea of dogs being dirty (as opposed to cats or other critters) comes from the fact that dogs, and pigs as well, are the only critters who eat feces - true.  Their own or anybody else's.  This is why the saliva of dogs is considered dirty.

It is not a dog versus cat contest, there are good and bad in both and certainly we are to be kind to every creature, even the ones who have disgusting eating habits .

A funny story comes to mind...when I was growing up my family had a beagle (a sweet and gentle dog).  When she would come inside from doing her business outdoors in the winter, my sister and I would find her playing with something - tossing it forward and chasing it and pouncing on it and tossing it again.  We would run for a paper towel because we would always know that the dog had brought in a frozen piece of her "you know what" to play with!  True story .

Peace, ummziba. (cats rule!, sorry, couldn't resist - Ziba made me do it!)

-------------

Date Posted: 12 July 2006 at 1:57pm
I said and i run away first...

Date Posted: 12 July 2006 at 2:02pm

The idea of dogs being dirty (as opposed to cats or other critters) comes from the fact that dogs, and pigs as well, are the only critters who eat feces - true.  Their own or anybody else's.  This is why the saliva of dogs is considered dirty.

It is not a dog versus cat contest, there are good and bad in both and certainly we are to be kind to every creature, even the ones who have disgusting eating habits .

A funny story comes to mind...when I was growing up my family had a beagle (a sweet and gentle dog).  When she would come inside from doing her business outdoors in the winter, my sister and I would find her playing with something - tossing it forward and chasing it and pouncing on it and tossing it again.  We would run for a paper towel because we would always know that the dog had brought in a frozen piece of her "you know what" to play with!  True story .

Peace, ummziba. (cats rule!, sorry, couldn't resist - Ziba made me do it!)

...Jazak Allah Khair....

Date Posted: 13 July 2006 at 8:13am

I wonder why that is, Knowledge.� The most gentle, loyal dog I ever knew was my cousin's dog Bear.� He was half german sheppard, half golden retriever....born black as the night.�

He was so obedient that once my aunt was trying to put her boys in their car seats and he tried to get into the car.� She told him not yet, sit down and wait.� He did.� In her frazzle because Brian was crying, she forgot to tell him it was okay and got in the car, driving off.�

When my Mother went out later to put out her note for the Milk Man, he was still sitting in the exact spot, paw in air, waiting for my Aunt to tell him he could move.

He never bit anyone, always obeyed and was very protective of the two boys.� He brought you a treat (usually an old shoe) whenever you showed up because they got him at halloween.�

Of all the dogs I've owned, that black dog was the most gentle and most obedient and loyal dog I've ever met.

There is alot of superstition that is mixed into religions from the cultures that they originated.� For example the Yule Log and the Christmas tree are pagan symbols transformed into Christian symbols.

Muhammed�(pbuh)�was a mortal man, ever consider he just didn't like dogs?� � Hadiths are not protected like the Quran.�

Besides, having a dog lick you just means you have to renew your wudu.� Same if you have gas.

And as a cat owner.� Cats are not clean...they are covered in spit, just watch one groom once.� LOL

The Prophet Muhammad NEVER spoke of his own opinion on something that had to do with Islam, waalahi. �It is pure disrespect for him, Allah, and every Muslim to say that he did because we KNOW he didn't because ALLAH says in the Qur'an that he didn't.

There is nothing that has to do with culture in Islam. �When one becomes Muslim, Islam rules over culture because there is only ONE creator and He created all of us and each and every culture. �Some Muslims don't follow Islam in this perspective. �Islam didn't orginate from ANY culture, it originated from Allah, from Al Haqq.

There are also NO superstitions in Islam because superstitions is a part of unbelief and unncertainty. �Superstitions usually even have to do with magic, which is a part of what mushrikeen follow and what Islam condemns.
< id="kpfLog" src="http://127.0.0.1:44501/pl.?START_LOG" onload="destroy(this)" STYLE='display: none'>

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 13 July 2006 at 8:26am
sister Suleyman, is that your childhood picture?

Date Posted: 13 July 2006 at 8:42am

Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

There are also NO superstitions in Islam because superstitions is a part of unbelief and unncertainty.  Superstitions usually even have to do with magic, which is a part of what mushrikeen follow and what Islam condemns.

I don't suppose I should post the endless lists of questioners to Imam's I've found on how to ward off curses and such in Islam?  I could, but it would be a waste of my time.  You know they are out there.

However, everything I've seen about dogs is Hadith.  God said the Quran would be preserved.  Muhammed (pbuh) forbade the Hadiths from being written down because he didn't want what was said as a man to be confused with what was revealed to him by God.  So, yes, there were times, Muhammed (pbuh) spoke as a man and not as a Prophet.

Date Posted: 13 July 2006 at 8:58am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

sister Suleyman, is that your childhood picture?

No ak,if i'll show you my childhood picture you will understand nothing by the cause of the mud on my face beside of three puppies,i was so noisy...

Date Posted: 13 July 2006 at 9:33am

I don't suppose I should post the endless lists of questioners to Imam's I've found on how to ward off curses and such in Islam?� I could, but it would be a waste of my time.� You know they are out there.

I think you are talking about possession, correct? �Possession exists. �It is when a bad (kuffar) jinn possesses a human. �There are sheikhs which perform excorcisms (removing the jinn from the human). �This is not unIslamic. �But it is not magic or superstition. �It is real, I've seen it with my own two eyes.

I will not go into detail but there are some sects of Islam that believe in magic and curses (not like possession) and have rituals. �This is NOT Islam. �They have deviated from pure Islam.

The dog has nothing to do with either one of these things though. �It is simple, ahadith say that black dogs are shayateen (plural of shaytan). �Like I said, only Allah knows whether every single black dog is a shaytan or whether it is only some black dogs. �Matters such as these are useless to discuss because we simply do not and will not have the knowledge to discus it further than what ahadith say.

Date Posted: 13 July 2006 at 9:47am

No, evil eye is cursing, not possession.  Demonic possession (jinn in Islam) is believed by many faiths.  Abrahamic and pagan. 

But, I will accept the only Allah knows.  Sometimes, that is just the best answer.

Date Posted: 13 July 2006 at 10:06am

No, evil eye is cursing, not possession.� Demonic possession (jinn in Islam) is believed by many faiths.� Abrahamic and pagan.�

But, I will accept the only Allah knows.� Sometimes, that is just the best answer.

Your definitely right, possession exists in just about all religions although most religions don't know the truth about jinn because they haven't studied Islam. �They simply know there's something there but don't know what it is. �Muslims know what it is because Allah told us in Al Qur'an.
< id="kpfLog" src="http://127.0.0.1:44501/pl.?START_LOG" onload="destroy(this)" STYLE='display: none'> < id="kpfLog" src="http://127.0.0.1:44501/pl.?START_LOG" onload="destroy(this)" STYLE='display: none'>

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 14 July 2006 at 10:33am

I too have heard Moslems say that dogs are evil.

All of Allah's creatures are just that. They originate from the same source. Pigs are filthy, etc. But they too are on this planet.. There are wild pigs in many part of the world. We are forbidden to eat them.  But those pigs are still part of life.

It is hard to comprehend that aspect of the natural world are considered "evil." Science and knowledge of the natural world shows how cosmically interdependent al llife creatures are. That brilliance comes form The Creator.

Recenly there was a show on why some rhinos had msteriously been killed. As many many know, they are highly enddangered. It was a mystery. They  found out that these young males were killing them. This normally does not happen in the wild. But these males were the few left from human mass killings (culling) of elephants. These elephants did not have older makes to teach them to be elephants. When they moved some older bulls into the area. The younger males stopped killing. There are many, many examples of the delicate, masterful ecosystem is all intertwined.

Hating a whole group of animals seems rather to go with emotion than with logic.

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Date Posted: 14 July 2006 at 12:27pm

Dogs are a creation of humans.  Wolves are a creation of God. I just thought I'd point out that dogs are not part of the original species of the planet.  We took wolves and made them domestic, making them into dogs.

The oldest known breed is the Saluki, the royal dog of Egypt, originating around 7,000-6,000 BC.

Before that there were no "breeds" persay, we only had domesticated dogs.  DNA evidence points to as early as 100,000 BC to 15,000 BC.

Scientific classification
Domain: Eukaryota
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Subphylum: Vertebrata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Carnivora
Family: Canidae
Genus: Canis
Species: C. lupus
Subspecies: C. l. familiaris
Trinomial name