IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - About Dogs?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

About Dogs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

I wonder why that is, Knowledge.� The most gentle, loyal dog I ever knew was my cousin's dog Bear.� He was half german sheppard, half golden retriever....born black as the night.�

He was so obedient that once my aunt was trying to put her boys in their car seats and he tried to get into the car.� She told him not yet, sit down and wait.� He did.� In her frazzle because Brian was crying, she forgot to tell him it was okay and got in the car, driving off.�

When my Mother went out later to put out her note for the Milk Man, he was still sitting in the exact spot, paw in air, waiting for my Aunt to tell him he could move.

He never bit anyone, always obeyed and was very protective of the two boys.� He brought you a treat (usually an old shoe) whenever you showed up because they got him at halloween.�

Of all the dogs I've owned, that black dog was the most gentle and most obedient and loyal dog I've ever met.

�

There is alot of superstition that is mixed into religions from the cultures that they originated.� For example the Yule Log and the Christmas tree are pagan symbols transformed into Christian symbols.

Muhammed�(pbuh)�was a mortal man, ever consider he just didn't like dogs?� � Hadiths are not protected like the Quran.�

�

Besides, having a dog lick you just means you have to renew your wudu.� Same if you have gas.

And as a cat owner.� Cats are not clean...they are covered in spit, just watch one groom once.� LOL

�

The Prophet Muhammad NEVER spoke of his own opinion on something that had to do with Islam, waalahi. �It is pure disrespect for him, Allah, and every Muslim to say that he did because we KNOW he didn't because ALLAH says in the Qur'an that he didn't.

There is nothing that has to do with culture in Islam. �When one becomes Muslim, Islam rules over culture because there is only ONE creator and He created all of us and each and every culture. �Some Muslims don't follow Islam in this perspective. �Islam didn't orginate from ANY culture, it originated from Allah, from Al Haqq.

There are also NO superstitions in Islam because superstitions is a part of unbelief and unncertainty. �Superstitions usually even have to do with magic, which is a part of what mushrikeen follow and what Islam condemns.
< id="kpfLog" src="http://127.0.0.1:44501/pl.?START_LOG" onload="destroy(this)" STYLE='display: none'>
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

The idea of dogs being dirty (as opposed to cats or other critters) comes from the fact that dogs, and pigs as well, are the only critters who eat feces - true.  Their own or anybody else's.  This is why the saliva of dogs is considered dirty.

It is not a dog versus cat contest, there are good and bad in both and certainly we are to be kind to every creature, even the ones who have disgusting eating habits .

A funny story comes to mind...when I was growing up my family had a beagle (a sweet and gentle dog).  When she would come inside from doing her business outdoors in the winter, my sister and I would find her playing with something - tossing it forward and chasing it and pouncing on it and tossing it again.  We would run for a paper towel because we would always know that the dog had brought in a frozen piece of her "you know what" to play with!  True story .

Peace, ummziba. (cats rule!, sorry, couldn't resist - Ziba made me do it!)

...Jazak Allah Khair....

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 1:57pm
I said and i run away first...
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 1:54pm

Oh Angela, them's fighting words   !!!

Seriously though, many Muslims have a skewed idea about dogs.  All the ones I've met in person not only are afraid of dogs, they also hate them.  This is plain wrong as we are supposed to be kind and humane to all of Allahs creatures.

The idea of dogs being dirty (as opposed to cats or other critters) comes from the fact that dogs, and pigs as well, are the only critters who eat feces - true.  Their own or anybody else's.  This is why the saliva of dogs is considered dirty.

It is not a dog versus cat contest, there are good and bad in both and certainly we are to be kind to every creature, even the ones who have disgusting eating habits .

A funny story comes to mind...when I was growing up my family had a beagle (a sweet and gentle dog).  When she would come inside from doing her business outdoors in the winter, my sister and I would find her playing with something - tossing it forward and chasing it and pouncing on it and tossing it again.  We would run for a paper towel because we would always know that the dog had brought in a frozen piece of her "you know what" to play with!  True story .

Peace, ummziba. (cats rule!, sorry, couldn't resist - Ziba made me do it!)

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 1:53pm

...wonderful one!....

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

And as a cat owner.  Cats are not clean...they are covered in spit, just watch one groom once.  LOL

Run Angela Run!,before Sister Ummziba reads these words...Ziba is her cat's name and Umm means mother of "Ziba"...

Then call me UmmChabat

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 1:31pm
I love dogs outside of the house and normally we feed them for security,you know Dobermans do bark too much and can harm children,i love Kangals,one of it moves with my mom in the darkness while my mom goes to her sisters house,he follows and controls where she goes and waits in front of the door step till she turns back from the house then walks back with my mom till to the door of our house...i feel so relax with his help while i work in the city i can only go at the weekends...also in country side there can be some wild animals may enter to the garden something like snake or some type of wolves,they also control them,i see them as the blessings of Allah...
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 1:23pm

And as a cat owner.  Cats are not clean...they are covered in spit, just watch one groom once.  LOL

Run Angela Run!,before Sister Ummziba reads these words...Ziba is her cat's name and Umm means mother of "Ziba"...

Edited by Suleyman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic