IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - About Dogs?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

About Dogs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About Dogs?
    Posted: 14 July 2006 at 12:27pm

Dogs are a creation of humans.  Wolves are a creation of God. I just thought I'd point out that dogs are not part of the original species of the planet.  We took wolves and made them domestic, making them into dogs.

The oldest known breed is the Saluki, the royal dog of Egypt, originating around 7,000-6,000 BC.

Before that there were no "breeds" persay, we only had domesticated dogs.  DNA evidence points to as early as 100,000 BC to 15,000 BC.

Scientific classification
Domain: Eukaryota
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Subphylum: Vertebrata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Carnivora
Family: Canidae
Genus: Canis
Species: C. lupus
Subspecies: C. l. familiaris
Trinomial name
Canis lupus familiaris

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 10:33am

I too have heard Moslems say that dogs are evil.

All of Allah's creatures are just that. They originate from the same source. Pigs are filthy, etc. But they too are on this planet.. There are wild pigs in many part of the world. We are forbidden to eat them.  But those pigs are still part of life.

It is hard to comprehend that aspect of the natural world are considered "evil." Science and knowledge of the natural world shows how cosmically interdependent al llife creatures are. That brilliance comes form The Creator.

Recenly there was a show on why some rhinos had msteriously been killed. As many many know, they are highly enddangered. It was a mystery. They  found out that these young males were killing them. This normally does not happen in the wild. But these males were the few left from human mass killings (culling) of elephants. These elephants did not have older makes to teach them to be elephants. When they moved some older bulls into the area. The younger males stopped killing. There are many, many examples of the delicate, masterful ecosystem is all intertwined.

Hating a whole group of animals seems rather to go with emotion than with logic.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

No, evil eye is cursing, not possession.� Demonic possession (jinn in Islam) is believed by many faiths.� Abrahamic and pagan.�

But, I will accept the only Allah knows.� Sometimes, that is just the best answer.

Your definitely right, possession exists in just about all religions although most religions don't know the truth about jinn because they haven't studied Islam. �They simply know there's something there but don't know what it is. �Muslims know what it is because Allah told us in Al Qur'an.
< id="kpfLog" src="http://127.0.0.1:44501/pl.?START_LOG" onload="destroy(this)" STYLE='display: none'> < id="kpfLog" src="http://127.0.0.1:44501/pl.?START_LOG" onload="destroy(this)" STYLE='display: none'>

Edited by Knowledge01
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 9:47am

No, evil eye is cursing, not possession.  Demonic possession (jinn in Islam) is believed by many faiths.  Abrahamic and pagan. 

But, I will accept the only Allah knows.  Sometimes, that is just the best answer.

Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

I don't suppose I should post the endless lists of questioners to Imam's I've found on how to ward off curses and such in Islam?� I could, but it would be a waste of my time.� You know they are out there.

I think you are talking about possession, correct? �Possession exists. �It is when a bad (kuffar) jinn possesses a human. �There are sheikhs which perform excorcisms (removing the jinn from the human). �This is not unIslamic. �But it is not magic or superstition. �It is real, I've seen it with my own two eyes.

I will not go into detail but there are some sects of Islam that believe in magic and curses (not like possession) and have rituals. �This is NOT Islam. �They have deviated from pure Islam.

The dog has nothing to do with either one of these things though. �It is simple, ahadith say that black dogs are shayateen (plural of shaytan). �Like I said, only Allah knows whether every single black dog is a shaytan or whether it is only some black dogs. �Matters such as these are useless to discuss because we simply do not and will not have the knowledge to discus it further than what ahadith say.
< id="kpfLog" src="http://127.0.0.1:44501/pl.?START_LOG" onload="destroy(this)" STYLE='display: none'>
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 8:58am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

sister Suleyman, is that your childhood picture?

No ak,if i'll show you my childhood picture you will understand nothing by the cause of the mud on my face beside of three puppies,i was so noisy...

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 8:42am

Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

There are also NO superstitions in Islam because superstitions is a part of unbelief and unncertainty.  Superstitions usually even have to do with magic, which is a part of what mushrikeen follow and what Islam condemns.

I don't suppose I should post the endless lists of questioners to Imam's I've found on how to ward off curses and such in Islam?  I could, but it would be a waste of my time.  You know they are out there.

However, everything I've seen about dogs is Hadith.  God said the Quran would be preserved.  Muhammed (pbuh) forbade the Hadiths from being written down because he didn't want what was said as a man to be confused with what was revealed to him by God.  So, yes, there were times, Muhammed (pbuh) spoke as a man and not as a Prophet.

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 8:26am
sister Suleyman, is that your childhood picture?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic