IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why is pork forbidden in Islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why is pork forbidden in Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 1:34am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

The pork represents as the symbol of ultimate materialism and  Capitalism --how can anybody miss the sign of bank and money without a pig drawn next to it.
It also symbolizes the favors, graft and corruption in the running of the government.

What a childish way of reasoning?
Is it because there was a ban on pork that the magnificent Islamic civilization floundered in the sixteenth century and the barbarian pork-eating Westerners totally superseded it in every branch of knowledge and technology up to this day?
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 2:07pm

If I understand this thread correctly, muslims here are claiming that, according to the koran, humans take on the characteristics of any animals that they eat.

For example, chickens have a reputation for being timid and fearful, and they eat their own droppings.  Therefore, according to Islamic law, any Muslim who eats chicken is a coward who eats human excrement.

What is the punishment, according to Islamic law, for eating chicken???

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Cyril Cyril wrote:

The pork represents as the symbol of ultimate materialism and  Capitalism --how can anybody miss the sign of bank and money without a pig drawn next to it.
It also symbolizes the favors, graft and corruption in the running of the government.

What a childish way of reasoning?
Is it because there was a ban on pork that the magnificent Islamic civilization floundered in the sixteenth century and the barbarian pork-eating Westerners totally superseded it in every branch of knowledge and technology up to this day?

You prove MPOV hands down so pork eating westerners supersession in knowledge and technology incinerated millions upon million of Jews in high technology ovens and fried pulverized hundreds of million their own enlightened people in high tech war mongering for the colonial greed.
You can tabulate the totals in your spare time.
How many more are in the cross hair of technology kill for oil
How the moronic knowledge helping now in Iraq

Your alluding to magnificent Islamic civilization floundering in the sixteenth century pork eaters inquisition is an additional point proving the pork barrel mentality of the knowledgeable Europeans.
BTW who saved the harried Jews exiled from the POPE's torturers and killers' clutches the magnificent Ottomans.
Does it look childish now

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by candid candid wrote:

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

No offense Candid, ok

As far as I know, it is forbidden in Islam to eat such animals because it is thought that those who eat them will also start behaving like those animals (i.e, will also start acting greedily and snatching what belongs to others.)

Everytime I see this i have to laugh, its just a funny concept.

Has anyone seen such people who eat pork act as such ??

Historically, there seems to be strong correlation if you compare the behavior of Muslim and the Christian conquerors in the past. Christians were more brutal.

why do you pick these two groups only to compare? And how many of those conquers do you KNOW that ate pork? none I suppose. 

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 6:32pm

It's side effects on the consumer are to lust(immodesty), gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy and Pride(hubris).
If you look around and observe could you not observe these traits in around societies which has pork as their staple food.

WELL, that was a lot of misinformation about banks and people!

Asian countries have pork as there staple diet, are they immodesty, greed, envy, pride, etc ??? don't just look in the big cities, go to the smal country towns and see more insight. NO! I wish PEOPLE HERE WOULD STOP LOOKING AT THE WEST TO COMPARE AND MAKE THEIR POINT RELEVENT, it does you no good when others eat pork or whatever to do with the pigs and does not show certain or present certain signs that you think or believe is. DO some research and you will see!

AS for the banks having the pig as a symbol here are some facts: the piggy bank got its name and shape as a result of a pun on the word pygg, a type of clay commonly used to produce household items.

Read more here about the piggy bank: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piggybank

to alot of people pigs are what the cows are to hindus. And also represent good luck to some people.

Quote I know friend who reverted to Islam said quiting  pork was the hardest  thing to do.

do you think that supports your point?  

Quote Amongst my acquaintances there were some nominal Muslims who did start consuming pork; talked about gluttonous addiction to it. The rest of the traits also became obvious in them after a while.

I find that laughable, i really do. for one anybody that has had some thing forbidden and starts eating or some non eating activity, will start to feel guilty because they think/believe shouldn't have it and so it becomes a gluttonous addictions. How many people say this about chocolate, cakes, biscuits etc and say I would really like but I shouldn't...

As for the traits that is so far off the mark, tell me about the asian people who eat it, pork is nearly in all dishes? people eat other animals, do they act like those animal that they consume. Someone said something about the chicken, well do people act like that?

It is so absurd!!

Quote which a pork lover may never do.

again, absurd.

When I have, i love my pork (so I guess i'm a pork lover  ) and so do the people I know who eat it. I also know a few of people who cannot eat pork because it upset them, and that is no different to other foods like dairy products upsetting some people and those who are intolerant to it.

Look, I know very well pork is forbid in islam - I have NO PROBLEM with it -, many people know this and accept it to (some others don't eat it maybe they don't like it) but when some muslims bring so called evidence for it (against eating it) and is shown to be false and is countered acted.......the whole thing crazy!

If you don't eat pork, fine but stop bringing the animal's characters into humans who comsume it! It is false.

AS I have said before, people eat: cows, sheep/lamb, goat, chicken not  forgetting deer, fish, whale, seals, If the characteristic of the pig is imparted on the human that eats it, then the others animals that humans eat must impart on to.

So who acts like a whale ?? a seal?? a chicken??

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
candid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 9:48pm

Overall, the population that eats pigs or any other animal that snatches its food do become brutal. Such a population loses patience and grabs anything that comes its way for its own interest. It stops thinking about others. Some of the people in that population might not act in that manner but overall the population does become brutal.

Edited by candid
candid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 9:55pm

No offense Candid, ok

As far as I know, it is forbidden in Islam to eat such animals because it is thought that those who eat them will also start behaving like those animals (i.e, will also start acting greedily and snatching what belongs to others.)

Everytime I see this i have to laugh, its just a funny concept.

Has anyone seen such people who eat pork act as such ??

Historically, there seems to be strong correlation if you compare the behavior of Muslim and the Christian conquerors in the past. Christians were more brutal.

why do you pick these two groups only to compare?

Europeans do have tradition of eating pork. You can check.

Even compared to other non-muslims such as Mongols and Persians, Muslims were less brutal.

Quote  And how many of those conquers do you KNOW that ate pork? none I suppose. 

I did not understand your question.

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2006 at 1:41am
Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

If I understand this thread correctly, muslims here are claiming that, according to the koran, humans take on the characteristics of any animals that they eat.

For example, chickens have a reputation for being timid and fearful, and they eat their own droppings.  Therefore, according to Islamic law, any Muslim who eats chicken is a coward who eats human excrement.

What is the punishment, according to Islamic law, for eating chicken???

Which Muslim said that the Quran says so?

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic