IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why is pork forbidden in Islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why is pork forbidden in Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ysimjee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ysimjee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 12:46am

Even if there was nothing else to eat, i still would not want to eat swine...

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 9:57am

Best to stay away from a lot of meat these days. Most have a lot of meat by-products and other stuff in them. 

I gave up pork long before becoming a Moslem. It is terribly fatty and generally not very healthy for you. Best to grab a banana and eat a fresh spinich salad.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 3:07am
Quote:
in Koran it says:

"He has only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and any (food) over which the name of other than Allah has been invoked. But if one is forced by necessity, without willful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits, then Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

That verse says that Muslims are allowed to eat pork if there is no other food around.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 1:02am

If we are to bring all these medical or bad effects of pigs then we might else weel bring other animals into it to, Chicken and any other fowl that humans consume there is the threat of bird flu.

Any meat that is not prepared carefully or is not cooked properly or stored properly there is the potiential of illness.

I am not denying the medical reports at all. Even healthy foods can be harmful and is consuming too much water.

Originally posted by Hanan Hanan wrote:

"You are what you eat" is a native American proverb, but I don�t think it should be taken literally.

I agree with you here, I do not take it literally either.

Quote Folklore says that eating the meat of the pig contributes to lack of morality and shame, plus greed for wealth, laziness, indulgence, dirtiness and gluttony. A person who shows these characteristics is often called a �Pig.�

I believe this is not meant to be taken literally, because in real life its false. I'm quite sure that there are some vegetarians who act the same as well as those who don't eat pork.

Quote It is said that pigs do not like to soil their sleeping quarters. As for their tendency to wallow in mud, that is done mainly to keep cool.

that's true including that they are one of the smartest animals. it is quite know that pigs are a clean animal.

Quote in Koran it says:

"He has only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and any (food) over which the name of other than Allah has been invoked. But if one is forced by necessity, without willful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits, then Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

is this the only verse? (i'm not well versed in the qu'ran)

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
candid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2006 at 11:05pm

Animals can't be judged. However, its in the nature of pigs(and many other haraam animals) to snatch or grab its food, it's permitted for it but not for the humans.

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2006 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

Hanan wrote:

> Your previous posts tells me that you are also unable to

> simultaneously read AND understand what you just read.

That must be the falt of the no ggood ejucation system we have here in Alberta.  You shouldnt mak fun uf me just because I didnt go to a islamic skool like yous did.

Sorrry, I hafta go now. "Celebrity Mud Wrestling" is on the television now, and I hate to misss it.

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2006 at 9:17am

Hanan wrote:

> Your previous posts tells me that you are also unable to

> simultaneously read AND understand what you just read.

That must be the falt of the no ggood ejucation system we have here in Alberta.  You shouldnt mak fun uf me just because I didnt go to a islamic skool like yous did.

Sorrry, I hafta go now. "Celebrity Mud Wrestling" is on the telebision now, and I hate to misss it.

Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2006 at 7:24am

Hold fast to the rope of Allah, and be not divided

Edited by Hanan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic