IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why is pork forbidden in Islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why is pork forbidden in Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tsdin1989 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsdin1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why is pork forbidden in Islam?
    Posted: 09 September 2008 at 10:19am

i'm new here.... I'm a budhist chinese, and well, i don't eat beef. I was told by my mom that since I was a baby, cow fed me with its milk. That is why i don't eat them. its kind of like a family culture. so, even if you ask a musllim why they don't eat pork, its the same reason. because they are taught so. most of my malays friend (muslim) does not wear like a muslim suppose to be according to 'them'. the only thing they do according to the rules is, they never eat pork.

muslim have their logic on why they do not eat pork... but why can't they touch them??

just curious.
tsdin1989 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsdin1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2008 at 10:08am
duh.... we're in the 21st century, people are more and more educated. surely people would why this and that....
tsdin1989 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsdin1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2008 at 10:01am
candid
Senior%20Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote candid Replybullet Posted: 10 November 2006 at 1:02am

Then why are the fishes allowed? They too don't hava a 'neck'.

I think pig is not allowed because it gather its food by pouncing/swooping on its prey. It, sort of, snatches its food.

As far as I know, it is forbidden in Islam to eat such animals because it is thought that those who eat them will also start behaving like those animals (i.e, will also start acting greedily and snatching what belongs to others.)

so..... chicken never snatch food from other chicken?? and fish never fight to get food?? pigs nowadays do not have preys. their only prey is the food that is serve right in front of them. I definitely would like to see pigs that pounce on others

Edited by tsdin1989 - 09 September 2008 at 10:05am
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2006 at 11:02am
Bacon Lovers:
HEADLINE:Dec. 21
Congress Closes with a Pork-filled Flourish
Whether you skin an Elephant or a Donkey, you get PORK
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 5:47pm

what's with the "maybe" in the title  an another suggestion ?

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2006 at 5:53am
Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2006 at 8:43am
Originally posted by ysimjee ysimjee wrote:

Maybe you should borrow my reading glasses...

I said wount not want to eat, not will not eat...

Sorry Ysimjee!
lalala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 6:55pm
because it's forbiddence is mentioned clearly in the Quran. if one is a muslim, one submits to the revelation. others, well.. why do they wanna care anyway? simple as that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic